York Region logo
York Region

York Region

York Region Employee Review

I enjoyed my time working at York Region.

The staff were a cohesive group. The structure as a part time immunization nurse worked well. The autonomy was appreciated. The scheduling coordinator was very good at her job and tried to keep everyone’s needs in mind. I was surprised to see 2 managers let go in my time there.

4.0Job security/advancement

Too many managers/bosses

The work and co-workers are great! , Pay and benefits are decent. This could be an amazing workplace, however... It's sickening how top heavy this organization is. There are way too many managers and they just keep dreaming up more and more management or supervisor positions. They also seem to be really good at making poor decisions, wasting money, destroying worker moral, lowering efficiency.Take management out of the equation and this place becomes an amazing place to work!!

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Same location

Great work environment. Not as challenging as private sector but good work-life balance.

Got a good variety of work to do. Upper management was respectful and never felt overbearing. Lots of extra activities and initiatives provided by weekly employee e-mail newsletter. Good student support structure.
Same location

It was a good experience

As a coop student, I learnt a lot and enjoyed my time at York Region. The environment is calm and quiet Everyone was nice and kind. They were always ready to help and you'll always be greeted with a smile

Ask a question about working or interviewing at York Region. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2