York Region Children's Aid Society Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Intake Student (Former Employee) –  New Market, ON29 August 2017
I learned a lot as a student. The worker I shadowed was phenomenal. I wish, however, that I was able to receive a proper reference letter. I only received a letter stating the time that I had worked.
Rewarding
Access & Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newmarket18 February 2016
Typically long days, but very rewarding. Best colleagues anyone could ask for. Management is very supportive and promotes self growth.
Overall I am happy with my job and those I work with and support.
Intake and Assessment Worker (Current Employee) –  Newmarket ON1 August 2015
My job requires me attending homes of individuals who are being investigated for some type of child maltreatment. The stress level is high due to the high probability of being confronted by a hostile client or entering an unsafe environment.
In light of the above information, I believe my job is important as I assist care givers with providing a safe and nurturing environment for the children in their care. I provide education and solution-focused brief therapy, help care givers develop strong parenting skills and advocate on behalf of individuals to further their success of parenting their children.
I work with a strong group of people who work together to ensure the success of the job we do. I have learned the importance of a client-focused approach to supporting people, which helps to ensure that the client is on board with the action plan put into place.
I have met many wonderful families and individuals over the years and have been successful with assisting them with providing a safe and nurturing environment for their children.
Pros
Supportive team members.
Cons
Long hours away from my family.
Working with children and their parents was one of the most fulfilling jobs that I have had.
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, Ontario8 August 2013
My typical day, would be caring for infants. Keeping all doctor appointments etc. Taking children to visit with parents. Supporting families and helping work through a crisis in their lives.'
I worked close with management, and my co-workers to ensure that the child(ren) I cared for had the best representation.
The hardest part of the job was letting the children move on with their families or a new family. Each child is special in their own way, and become a member of our family.
The most enjoyable part of the job, was letting the children move on, knowing that I had given them the very best of care, and have nurtured them to become well adjusted, and loved.
It was a volunteer position
Volunteer Relief Family Worker (Former Employee) –  Janetville, ON26 July 2012
I worked very casually, my family was part of a relief program through York Region Children's Aid and did weekend relief for foster parents while they were away on training for the Society. Management was very friendly. Learned a lot about different disabilites and conditions. It was not hard as children are fun and easy to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping out children.
Pros
learned a lot about different disabilities
Cons
no pay involved as it was volunteer