A great place to gain experience working with a broad range of clients and issues. If you work in this role, you will:
• Responsible for receiving child protection referrals and other requests for service.
• Responsible for carrying out investigations in response to allegations/complaints made against parents, caregivers, teachers, and others who have direct contact with children.
• Interview and correspond with collaterals, witnesses, and other professionals including Police, teachers, physicians, etc. in order to collect information in support of the assessments and conclusions made.
• Prepare case notes and reports related to the investigations conducted and the ongoing work completed.
• Prepare court documents for review by counsel and attend court as required.
• Complete assessments, develop objectives and implement service plans
• Provide crisis intervention support, short-term counselling, and the coordination of support services to meet the needs of the individuals and families worked with.
• Conduct regular reviews of the objectives and plans developed.
Good benefits and pay scale.
Can be stressful over time.