Yogen Fruz Employee Reviews

fun and rewarding work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC30 June 2019
It is very fun to make frozen yogurt. It is not easy at first but once you get the hang of it, it is very easy and fun. The best part of the job is to be able to help customers.
Pros
50% employee discount
Fun workspace environment.
Cashier/Food Preparation and Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 June 2019
Yogen Fruz is perfect for those who are just starting to work in the customer service and food industry, as it is a comfortable workspace environment that provides you the necessary, transferable skills you need in order to succeed in life.
Pros
Free yogurt
Cons
Disorganised management
My summary in short is that it is good for a person who wants to start a carrier in food industry
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ON22 November 2018
Yogen Fruz is a dessert frozen yogurt kiosk style both in the shopping mall I enjoyed working there it is a happy place the working requirements are not difficult so it is an enjoyable place but less room for progress.
cool
Front End Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 June 2018
Fun place to work great people to work with leanred how to make different things always busy get to meet new people and learn new things. Management was ok
Pros
discounts
Cons
management
Frozen yogurt products
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2018
I manage the inventory, cash flow, training of employees, learnt to do advertising for the company, deal with human resources and hiring process, development of new food items for the company.
Moderate Work Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 July 2017
As I was a temporary employee, I didn't work very many shifts. The work was fairly moderately paced, and generally fairly easy work. Occasionally I encountered rude customers, but never had any serious issues, that couldn't be handled by a manager. Employees were not very social with each other, although we worked together effectively.
Pros
Discounted frozen yogurt
Cons
On feet for long periods of time
Accepting environment
Server/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 June 2017
I loved working here although it was tough having to fight over who gets the hours for this week since it was a slow business and they were always cutting hours.
Atmosphere
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2017
My first part time and it was not bad. Although depending on management my work shifts were very fixed. It was hard to call in sick. However, the working environment was very enjoyable. Supervisors and co-workers were very easy to get along with, even became friends in the process. I would recommend working here as a first job.
Fast pace
cashier, customer service attendent, food handeler (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 February 2017
Very fast pace and busy. Small floor area to move around in. Time consuming when you need to wash the icecream machines between each icecream due to allergies. also had two sides of the store to manage so both sides always had to be managed and when there were only two people working it got very overwhelming and tiring fast. Not allowed any breaks.
Yogen Fruz
Front Worker (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC25 September 2015
It was a great place to work but then I just noticed the cramped place that I had to spend my days. I only met a couple of my co-workers since it was such a tiny area that they only had 1 or 2 co-workers working at a time. The hardest part of the job was the customers taking forever to choose what they wanted and then the customers waiting in line got angry because of the wait; then when it was their turn, they took the anger out on us.
Pros
discount on frozen yogurt
Cons
long hours so I could never see the day.
Less than Satisfactory
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2015
The Company was good. It was my first experience as a Store Manager. So many things to learn but the job environment was tough to learn.
Nice location and easygoing managers
cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario12 June 2015
I loved the hours of full-time work and it was a fast paced environment in the heart of downtown. I working the Eaton Centre and had a lot of customers to serve using time management, supervision of peers and swift operation.
Fun to Work their as my second Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 January 2015
Learned Customer service techniques and got the valuable experience. Build up my social skills
Overall it was fun working in the mall, surrounded by lots of friends and good customers.
Pros
50% on meals
Cons
Late cheques
Fun work, meanwhile it has its minor challenges
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 February 2014
In the Yogen Fruz I work at we have pizzas, smoothies, yogurt, chicken fingers and curly fries (pizzas and chicken nuggets and fries are not affiliated with Yogen Fruz) We prepare pizza toppings, clean everything, mop and sweep the floors, fill up candy toppings, make yogurts, prepare fruit that people add as a topping and so on. It really is a fun job! The people are great too! I love being able to see new customers (and the regulars!) everyday! I have learned a lot about supervising, and the responsibility it holds. The hardest part of the job would be finding time to prepare and clean everything, while it's really busy! We are a very busy Yogen Fruz, especially because we have so much to offer. We still get through it with the help of each other though. I love that now that I have worked there for so long, it really doesn't even feel like work to me. It's like a second home because our team cares about Yogen Fruz's success so much that we try to make it the best one! I hope our customers see that!
it is a fun job
Sales person (Current Employee) –  ottawa,ON5 November 2013
I have learned how to serve customer, keep smiling while you working. I enjoy making yogurt for the customers
Pros
50% off price for buying product while you working
Cons
no break.