YMCA Employee Review

Non profit organization, with community programs to help build strong communities
Sports/Specialty Camp Director (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA4 August 2012
I've managed and trained 30 staff working as the Sports and Specialty Camp Director. I have experience in developing schedules and curriculum for a wide variety of ages. Throughout my time at the Palo Alto YMCA I have been involved in practically every youth program that we offer. The most enjoyable part about working for the YMCA is the feeling that you are making a difference in your community. Although the pay is never equal to the work that we do for the community, to be surrounded by good people tends to make you a good person as well.
Pros
great cause
Cons
compensation, upper management

Other YMCA Employee Reviews

Volunteer/Co-op
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 May 2018
I've enjoyed my time at the YMCA as a member and a volunteer. The staff is incredibly friendly, and so were the customers(who were my friends and family).
Pros
Free Workouts
Cons
Security
fun but lots of red tape
Lifeguard and swim instructor (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC20 May 2018
fun and engaging environment however getting time off and communication can be bogged down by sometimes poor management staff. High turnaround of staff as well.
Pros
fun
Cons
red tape

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YMCA. Our community is ready to answer.

59.2K