YMCA Employee Review

Youth Program coordinator (Former Employee) –  East Palo Alto, CA6 July 2012
Working for the YMCA was amazing until my director retired/mentor. Management was unorganized. It was very unhealthy for me to work at times because we for forbidden to help others when they needed it. We were asked to lie when I had to let go of people. Employees didn’t get along with other employees and management wouldn’t fix the problem therefore I stepped up to the plate and did. The best thing about me working at the YMCA, was that I took it upon myself to learn about the organization and I started to do my directors job when she would be out of the office. I also received 2 awards from the organization.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
schedule was different everyday

Other YMCA Employee Reviews

Never a dull moment
Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 April 2018
Working with children you can always look forward to having some fun. But working with the actual company can be tough sometimes because the outside communication (regarding work) is not as strong enough to ensure smooth flow between all employees.
fun, enjoyable and free snacks
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB24 April 2018
Planning activities, going swimming and trips for the campers which are always fun. volunteering for the YMCA was a great volunteer experience ever and hopefully, I get the opportunity to volunteer or work for the YMCA.
Pros
Free trips
Cons
only summer and no incomes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YMCA. Our community is ready to answer.

59K