1970s/80s, screening questions prior to interview for a role at YMCA of Goderich:
"Describe two competencies you have and why they would be strengths in this position.
Share a challenge you have overcome and what did you learn from the experience.
If you do not currently live in Huron County, are you prepared to relocate to Huron County should you be the successful candidate for this position?
What is your salary expectation?
What is one challenge you anticipate facing in this position and what support will you need to work through it?"
The typical "tell me a time when...", 1980s style questions - they are really behind the times and their training for managers/supervisors (the ones who will be in the interview) is so out of touch with the 21st century. They should focus on how your previous experience at "x" employer could work into the job opportunity you are being interviewed for . . . not "here's a scenario where 'x' irate customer comes to complain and is not willing to listen, and demands to speak to your manager..." etc.
What qualities set you about from the other candidates?
What are the most important characteristics for this job?
How would you deal with an irate customer?
Because its a volunteer position for newcomers, the main requirement is a criminal background check.
When can you start
How would we handle certain situations in difficult moments?
do you have your first aid & criminal record check done?
are you ok with changing diapers?
what would you do if you had a difficult situation with a parent?
They asked case scenario questions about what we would do in a certain situation
- What should you wear to an interview at YMCA?19 people answered
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at YMCA? What are the steps along the way?15 people answered
- What are the perks offered by YMCA?13 people answered
- What is the company culture at YMCA?13 people answered
- Why did you leave your job at YMCA?10 people answered
- I've applied for membership representative positions in the past but did not hear back. I was wonde…8 people answered
- On average, how many hours do you work a day at YMCA?7 people answered
- What tips or advice would you give to someone interviewing at YMCA?7 people answered
- What advice would you give the CEO of YMCA about how to improve the company?7 people answered
- How are the working hours?7 people answered