Call you local YMCA to be sure what their practice is. Be sure to follow the expectations as listed on the job posting. Any step missed is enough for management to followup with the other individual who has submitted everything requested or necessary.
YMCA employment services will tell you to NEVER submit any references and or police checks to a job prior to interview. So why everyone is saying differently is beyond me and why if their employment services team says one thing, why do they do differently? (YMCAs Cambridge & K-W).
You are actually punished by the Ys of Cambridge & K-W, if you provide any professional reference prior/in the interview...their hiring managers/supervisors have no idea what a "reference" actually is in the 21st century (they themselves don't give references to employees so why would they expect other employers to?)
You should of included a message saying that you do have these pieces of documentation and then later on you will be expected to show them.
It helps to have the refrences written out on the application form. Give 3 or 4 refrences
Without those they dont consider you
If they want you they will contact you to get all checks and references.
They are extremely desorganized. Also only qualified applicants are contacted.
- What should you wear to an interview at YMCA?19 people answered
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at YMCA? What are the steps along the way?15 people answered
- What are the perks offered by YMCA?13 people answered
- What is the company culture at YMCA?13 people answered
- Why did you leave your job at YMCA?10 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at YMCA?8 people answered
- On average, how many hours do you work a day at YMCA?7 people answered
- What tips or advice would you give to someone interviewing at YMCA?7 people answered
- What advice would you give the CEO of YMCA about how to improve the company?7 people answered
- How are the working hours?7 people answered