YMCA of Southwestern Ontario Employee Reviews

Careful
Daycare Worker (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON5 September 2019
Unfortunately, the management and supervisors are disorganized, irresponsible and at times, distrustful. Managers do not take issues seriously or support front end staff. There is no encouragement or praise or positive room for growth.
Amazing place to go
Site Supervisor/Kinder Educator (Current Employee) –  London, ON29 August 2019
This is a great place to work! They treat you like family! I love coming to work and seeing all the kids and their wonderful families! The stafe are just amazing
Very friendly staff and very good environment workplace
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON5 August 2019
During my working with the Y, I have learing many things from there towards my community.

the policy and the staff over there are so helpful and friendly which they make your everyday working like a fun and an exiting environement.

The only thing that may not intereset everybody is the salary because it is nonprophet Orgaization, else, evereything is perfect.
Pros
friendly and diversity environment, have more fun during working
Cons
Poor Salary and benefits.
Great place to work!
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 July 2019
I love my position as a Site Supervisor at the YMCA. The split shift allows great flexibility in my personal schedule and my co workers are just as passionate as I am. I really value that the Y is committed to my professional development as an educator, and that workplace culture is positive and fun. Oh, and the free gym membership is a great perk!!!
Pros
PD sessions, split shift, gym membership
Cons
N/a
Amazing workplace with ample opportunity for professional growth!
Director of School Age (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 July 2019
The YMCA of Western Ontario is an amazing place to work. They provide ample opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. I started as a part time staff working straight out of college. I worked hard and was given the opportunity to work on a full time contract. Now I have a secured salary position and I couldn't be happier! The staff teams are amazing and super supportive! I love my job!
Pros
Free membership and opportunity for professional development
Fun place to work
Educator (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON15 July 2019
great company to work for, very meaningful work. Professional Development and opportunities to grow. Large organization so lots of support and options in all of southwest ontario
Pros
opportunities for growth, great culture
A Fun and Fantastic Place to Work
Educator (Current Employee) –  London, ON11 July 2019
The Y is a great place to work! I am currently a full time student who has struggled to find a job that best suits my lifestyle. At the Y, I was able to find a position that was flexible when it came to my school schedule and a staff team that was supportive in every way possible.
Pros
Flexibility, Supportive, Caring, Fun
Amazing Place with Great Flexibility, Training and Awesome Staff
Educator (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 July 2019
The Y is an amazing place to work! They really valued me as a staff member and host awesome trainings and workshops for me to develop. They have great flexibility with hours, allowing you to fit into the correct role with your lifestyle. Managers, co-staff and supervisors are all very supportive.
Pros
Flexibility, training, hours, development, care, values
Cons
N/a