YMCA of Greater Toronto Pay & Benefits reviews

Before and After School Program Staff
Program Staff (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON28 September 2019
Love everything about this job...
great benefits
free gym membership
work in a well diverse environment.

the YMCA use the core value of play to learn and children are really able to learn through activities and playing as well as build social skills with peers
Working at the ymca in milton
Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2019
Hours are hard
Pay needs to be better to work here
Love the kids
Staff are fun to work with
Nice to have the holidays off and summer off but can work if you want to
It’s ok!
Early Childhood Educator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham Region, ON22 August 2019
The good:
-Benefits
-The kids/families
-Fun programs/activities for kids

The bad:
-Poor Communication from management
-Lack of HR doing anything regarding on site staff/supervisors misconduct
-Low Pay which equals high turn over rate
fun place to work with good environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2019
very nice place to work with good environment friendly people, no work pressure. Ymca is look like my family i really missed this place.
i can work in flexible hours.
Great place for work
SENIOR PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2019
Great work environment, trusted management, opportunity for growth. Employees are provided with a competitive benefits. Hours vary greatly within Health & Fitness but with a supportive supervisor it is not hard to find a work/life balance
Great Team, Great Organization
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON20 June 2019
I love working for the YMCA! I work with a fantastic team we support each other when anyone needs it. Our general manger genuinely cares about us and our ideas.

As a full time staff, the benefits work great for my young family. I feel like my work/life balance is level and am able to feel like I am making a difference in my community.

Hands down the best company culture I have experienced. I feel very fortunate and I see my self here for a long, long time.
Pros
Support, Great team great company values
Great work culture and benefits, supportive management teams
Child Care (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON13 June 2019
I'm so proud to work for the Y! Love this organization and how it cares about and gives back to the community. I also love having the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children.

I feel my work is appreciated, and I receive feedback on an ongoing basis. Full-time staff receive amazing health and dental benefits, a pension plan, program discounts, and a free health and fitness membership at their local Y.

The Y values volunteerism, provides learning opportunities, and encourages career growth of current staff. I started as a volunteer and have worked in different roles within the Child Care program area.

Can't say enough great things about this Association! My manager is super supportive and approachable, and I work with a great team!
Pros
Learning and growth opportunities, great benefits, supportive colleagues and managers
Nice Place to Work, anything else is Garbage
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 May 2019
+ Nice Place and fun place to work
- Poor Management, lots of favoritism
- Benefits are just OK
- Salary is just minimum unless you're on top management
- No chance for improvement unless you're the bosses favorite
- No life balance
Pros
Nice and Fun Place to work
Cons
All the cons
a benefitial place to work
volunteering (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 June 2018
It's a very good place to volunteer especially for people new to Canada. We can learn alot of things about Canada through them and u get to work and meet new people. Can
Pros
free bus tickets
great job
Child Dance Teacher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2018
I appreciate working or the YMCA of GTA because as a company they focus on inclusion in the workplace and providing a beginning for immigrants to this country. I feel that they are a great place to work.
Pros
lovely staff
Cons
no benefits for part time staff
ymca
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 July 2017
YMCA Scarborough has the worst management team of all time.
the management team has no idea what goes on in and outside of the office. Management does not take pride in good employees who work extra hard to achieve there audit goals. YMCA Scarborough management only cares about budgets and not the people or there employees. However what keeps the YMCA office going is the employment team which works together to accomplish management goals. Therefore they are always stressed out and under paid however still deliver great team work.

Management and employees have no communication with one another and employees are often put down because Scarborough management is to busy and doesn't embrace or like change. Management is very much stuck in there old ways and is not exactly educated on what's new in the society, they figure there employees to work in and progress in.

Staff usually are the ones to help one another when the work load becomes over whelming and with great team work, work is delivered on time and accomplished.
Pros
great employees and volunteers
Cons
management/salary
Great Organization !!
Assistant Outdoor Educator (Current Employee) –  Schomberg, ON29 November 2016
Just love working at Outdoor Center!!!! Being up there always great keeps me connected to nature. Giving me a step to move forward in this field at a school Board level
Pros
Free lunches and dinner breakfast