YM inc

YM inc Employee Reviews

Canada122 reviews
Unfair Workplace
Very hard to move up in the company based on hard work. Workplace does not care for the employee as much as it does for their bottom line. Would not recommend to anyone trying to make a career here.
Love YM
It was the best place to use my skillset to achieves goals. Great leaders are worked with team keep providing the best direction and continously guideds and mentor the people. Who work as leadership
Pros
Allwoed me to use my creative ideas to get the best
Cons
Keep want me to do more
Waste of time
Pretend to be policy and procedure but have no real policy's no one can tell you they change one moment to the next based on what they want not what's right
Exciting place to work
As one of the largest retailers in Canada, YM Inc presents great opportunities for growth and personal development. You will be given great opportunities to test your customer service skills.
fun workplace
Its a very good workplace, i very like to work here. We get a lot of experience. The employees is very respectful and friendly. The hardest part of the job is the christmas holidays because its always in rush.
Good to start from
It has been a great company to work for, Specially as a part of management it was great learning curve.
Everyday was different and demand to be on your toes for some it might not be good enough but for my kind of individual it was pretty engaging and full of learning.

However, Salary was one of those things which company should consider to revise it
Environnement de travail peu stressant
Heures de travail peu stable, pas vraiment de reconnaissance de membres de la direction. Malheureusement, le salaire ne suis pas le coût de la vie actuel. Peu de proposition d'avancement dans la compagnie
Manager difficult to work with.
Hard time with adapting to company structure changes Benefits are employee paid.
Warehouse, dark environment.

Cafeteria on premises, limited selection. No where to go for lunch. Half hour lunch.
Square One Location: Did not pay me correctly, over hired, full-time workers getting only 16 hours a week
Don't bother with ignorant individuals that this company is filled with.

Overhired employees to help open the new store and help organize products, but "had to let them go" after a month not because it's legal, but because it wasn't in budget and they weren't understanding that hiring and just letting people go has a greater impact on the livelihood on the full-time employees.

Urban Behaviour/Planet over MGMT culture is toxic, and does not know how to actually onboard new employees while opening/managing a new store. I wasn't paid correctly since day one of opening, communication is broken among managers unless you have their direct #, and even when repeating to correct your pay cheque they'll still forget to adjust even after mentioning that you have a mortgage and responsibilities.

Typical training, but they assume that everything was taught when they haven't. As a Manager in Training/Store Administrator 14.50 is given, or apparently 14 for myself as an administrator.

Would not recommend this company as a whole even the District Manager speaks more than he can selfishly chews. While I was asking what my pay is he rudely said, "$14...is that too much *insert a laugh*".
Good company but pay is very low.
Do not stay long just to use it as a starter platform, they do not pay good and some time try to avoid to pay bonuses and lot of politics and liking disliking is also there
Toxic.
Want a job where you will be overworked, under paid and taken advantage of...then YM INC is just for you. Considering how many companies YM INC owns, you'd think they'd pay their staff a livable wage.
Good place for who just start their career, but not a long term place to grow
High-pressure work environment and very rigid company policy. However, if you are just graduated from school, and want to learn how to work in this industry, it is still a place worth to try and learn.
environnement de travail productif
en temps que commis le travail es agreable , plus stressant en augmentant de postes .
Not Worth It
I was transferred to another store and went from keyholder to being treated like dirt. The new store they have no care for the employees, they wouldnt promote me because I was "young" and the schedule rotates around the manager and co manager. No one else gets a say. They also have a :the customer is always right:...Good if you like a 3 hr shift once or twice a week.
travailler en equipe est important
etre sur appel, travailler en équipe et service client sont les points à travailler dans cette entreprise.
A company whose retail establishments are poorly run and low-budgeted
As an MIT working for YM Inc, it was apparent how little our superiors cared for the well being and sanity of our employees. Management was treated poorly and not given the staff to meet deadlines, quotes, and/or store cleanliness. Holidays are insane. Inspections are harsh. Many tears were shed.
Do not recommend.
A great place to advance in your career
worked store level for 3 years and then moved to head office. The company lets the employees grow. it’s a great place to get your foot in the door on a corporate level.
Pros
Free lunches, cake day, career advancement.
Cons
Long commute
Long days, location is terrible due to heavy traffic, no work life balance, very high turnover
I would not recommend this company. The work hours are too long. No extra time off is offered as incentive. They make you work on the Civic Holiday. They never want to close the head office and your stat holidays get all messed up... Work, life balance does not exist at YM!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours. They make you work on the Civic holiday
Company and management sucked, actual work wasnt too bad
Managment was disorganized, didn't always follow labor laws, no commission or reward for being a great employee. 20% employee discount on top of sales. They didn't give me any formal training. Flexible hours suitable for students.
Pros
Great discount and flexible hours
Cons
Did not always follow labor laws
Désorganisation totale
En plus de demander l'impossible a ses employés, même si ceux-ci donne leurs 100% jamais de remerciement ou de félicitations! Les patrons sont mal polis! Exige de long shift si le travail accompli ne leur convient pas! Si vous voulez être considéré comme un numéro en sachant très bien qu'ils s'en foutent que vous partiez ou non, vous savez où allez! Dommage pour une compagnie qui a tellement de potentiel
Cons
Manque d'organisation manque de communication manque de reconnaissance manque d'empathie
Misery loves company
Work was great for the first while, constant praise and offered multiple promotions. After a while district manager became very aggressive over small things like a single missing receipt or if you were not there 10 minutes before your shift started. However the job did help me learn how to boost my customer service. Product was cheap and had to deal with constant custmer complaints. One thing that really sucked was store manager expected me to work 45-50 hour weeks while only getting paid for 40 hours.
Pros
1 hour breaks
Cons
District manager was Rude and lazy. Manager liked to run store like it were a petstore.