YM inc Employee Reviews

Allocation Analyst
Allocation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2018
Overworked, underpaid, no advancement, favoritism and snarky people. The merchandising department is the most thankless place to be, strategies enabled are not recognized and the salary is on par for what is now the minimum wage. Have to work two jobs to make ends meet also only five sick days for the year.
Pros
On-site cafe
Cons
Low Pay
Management was horrible
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 April 2018
The management for these companies is horrible.. You will only come across a couple good assistant managers or managers. If you do, you'll come to realize that they are going to be transferring to a new store or that they've found a new job. Stay clear of this company unless you'd like to be pushed around and you really need the job.
Okay job
Distribution Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2018
Learn about clothes.
Forklifts
Cherry picker.
Receiving skills containers labeling.
Picking orders.
Manage people .
As400.
Couriers .
Truck driving .
Decent
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 March 2018
working at Blue Notes was a decent job growing up as a high school student flexible hours and laid back job with a well rounded crew. not many bad things about this job.
Used and Abused
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2018
Get ready to work for free, be set up to fail and gain zero recognition. Upper management is a complete boys club so if you’re a woman don’t plan on advancement. Labor board violations happen daily and they constantly take advantage of those who don’t know any better. Store managers often have no idea what they are doing, have zero skills and constantly disobey basic labor laws due to lack of training. The HR department seems to be no better so no example is set for them anyway. Managers seem to be just chasing employees for signatures on office memos rather than having time to do their job. Upper management constantly talks down to managers and treats them like utter dirt, and expects them to work non-stop. The company could have potential if they’d invest in their own people by treating them and paying them well but instead play boys club and get nothing real accomplished. Shining stars are dulled in order to keep themselves in power. If only the owner knew what kind of culture they were creating and the money of his they were wasting and how much talent they’ve turned away.
Pros
Paycheck biweekly
Cons
Toxic Environment
Soul Sucking Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North York, ON19 February 2018
This company will suck your soul right out of you. The turnover rate at this company is ridiculous. The salary for corporate employees are close or even equal to minimum wage, they refuse to pay overtime and owes employees money. You work hard with little to no recognition and or appreciation. Asking for raise? Don't even bother, they will find some way to not give it to you. Loyalty? Forget about it. They don't care how much of your sweat and tears have gone into the company to make them great, you are replaceable once they see that you are getting paid too much, which is barely over minimum wage.
Cons
Underpaid, Overworked
Over great place to gain basic skills
Worker (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC25 January 2018
I have worked for YM.Inc for about 4 years, I have put so much of myself for this company and so have my co-workers but in my years working for YM.Inc I began to realize that their employees are of little value to them. It is upsetting but as my district manager once said "it's all business".
Pros
Great place to start in retail
Cons
Low hours
fast advancement, long hours.
VISUAL MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2018
it is a very stressful environment, most of the time your work is not appreciated FOR EXAMPLE , you ask for a raise and even though you work super hard, they do not want to pay you more. Very cheap company.
Pros
bonuses
Wouldn't recommended to anyone
Analyst, Allocations (Former Employee) –  North York, ON29 December 2017
The worst company I have ever worked for, would not recommend to anyone. The company culture is very depressing and there isn't much opportunity for growth.
Avoid!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 December 2017
This was one of the worst companies i have worked for in my entire career in retail. I was an assistant manager and I was being paid close to minimum wage. I was forced into the position and untrained. I was forced to learn everything on my own and when things were not done to their standards because they refused to train me, I was humiliated. At all costs, i would avoid working for this company. They lack respect for their employees and income is not sufficient for the amount of work that needed to be done. Additionally, i was threatened and abused (hangers thrown at me, coffee thrown) by many customers in the work place and after reporting it to the company they would do nothing. If you made a problem about it because you honour your safety then they would make your life miserable and hate on you every chance they get. OVERALL... worst company to work for. Avoid.
Pros
Cons
lots.. to many to name
Awful work culture. no support and too much work
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  North York, ON29 November 2017
You will be forced to work overtime that you are never paid for. Minimal training. Assistants are expected to do everything and are treated like trash by the higher ups. We were basically made to feel like props. The office is a mess and a health and safety risk at every turn. Avoid at all costs to be honest.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Poor employee relaaations
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 November 2017
Turn over in the company is much too high. Poor support with the team. Continuously add more tasks that were mistakes at head office level that should have been caught before sending chain wide that the store level must now clean up with no support from above, instead more excuses and blaming.
Cons
little to no hours for covering daily tasks
incredibly stressful job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2017
Stressful job with little to no support from head office. No recognition for what you do. Head office expects a lot from you from each department (sales. LP. HR etc.), but is not willing to work with you.
Pros
staff is good
Cons
doesn't pay properly for salary managers, they want the store to be youre whole entire life.
Une belle expérience mais pas de possibilité d'avancement
Assistante Gérante (Former Employee) –  Drummondville, QC18 October 2017
J'ai aimé mon expérience chez YM inc. Mais je ne le referai pas.
Pros
Ambiance
Cons
Salaire, Horaire, Gestion de l'entreprise laisse à désirer.
Fun working environment
Assistante gerante (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC18 October 2017
Working in the company, I've come accross many inspiring people. I'm someone who loves to work and can't live without work. I desire to be given responsabilities and I also love taking initiatives to make teamwork process faster and I have always been well surrounded with the right types of people who enjoyed working together as a team to build up a strong future for our company and for ourselves.
Enjoyable Workplace
IT Operations Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2017
Very enjoyable place to work.
Nice and interesting people that makes the workplace enjoyable.
Great place to learn how the retail industry is outside the stores.
Pros
Free lunch during holidays and cake day every end of month to celebrate birthdays
Good staff, great company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2017
Job entailed administration, report management within buying and allocations departments. Staff were approachable, good mentors and environment was welcoming. Would reccomend
If you know someone you will get paid more
Confidential (Former Employee) –  South18 August 2017
You need to be a suck up and a YES person to get far in this company. There are different rules for different people. Head office policy is followed by those who are not in the click.
Long hours, Non-meaningful work, poor quality products
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2017
Company is only looking to make $ the cheapest way possible. Quality of materials used is poor. Employees work long hours with no over time. They only seem to 'care' about the well-being of their employees at face value but ultimately they underpay you and you are fairly disposable. Hardworking employees are rarely acknowledged /thanked for their efforts.
Good starting job, made me appreciate every other job.
Helpdesk Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2017
YM Inc. Had no perks other than the employees and catered lunches every Friday in December. There was no emphasis on keeping employees happy at all. Years ago, this would have been fine, but the company needs to step up its game in terms of employee-engagement. Staff would be much happier.
Pros
Good people, front patio is nice, cake day is good
Cons
Gloomy office, no natural light, does not trust its employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YM inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7