Yellow Pages
Happiness score is 52 out of 100

Working at Yellow Pages: Latest Yellow Pages Reviews

Canada320 reviews

ypypgdigitaladvertisingsalecanadaprintonline

Stressful for sales and a lot of pressure

The company need to sale a lot , and quick to stay on the market. A lot of pressure on sales team.The business haven't found the right business model to stay competitive yet.

Would not recommend

-Business is on the decline-Bad office location-Toxic management- Flexible hours- Not of lot of opportunity for advancement - Hard product to sell, no one is buying advertising

Pros

There is no pro

Cons

Too many changes

Insights into Yellow Pages

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Micromanagement

If you are a good poker player then this job is for you. Stretching the truth and withholding information is just part of the game. Broken systems makes it difficult to process and get your job done.

Environnement hautement compétitif mais stimulant

Notez que depuis, les choses ont changées mais somme tout mon experience fut des plus agréable. Bonne formation, équipe de manager expérimenté (dans mes premières années) et environnement stimulant. Les choses semblent quand même avoir beaucoup changer depuis.

Great people, awesome synergy

I have been working with Yellow Pages for nearly 4 years, it has its challenges but the pay is way better than what I had obtained at for example Bell, and it was really refreshing to have a much better support system whithin the company, and again the pay is more than fair particularly in today's environment.

Pros

work from home.

Cons

I dont see any, but I guess its not for everyone

Not meeting targets!

They expect people to make their weekly target and even if you do sell thousands within the month they fire you. I was let go without notice 90 days in after training was 7 weeks.. so I was a month or so fresh on the floor. didn’t know I wasn’t doing bad. Was always told I was doing so awesome and you’ve got this. Brought thousands of dollars in within a month and “didn’t meet weekly target” that all added up be more than my monthly target. Managers will gaslights you and are ALWAYS in meeting. Getting support is hard. Was let go without a warning. Mentally for your work life balance it is not worth it if so the training and some of the knowledge is great the LinkedIn learning courses they can provide you is cool, rather pay for it myself at this point. benefits do take months to come it’s not on the first day you start.

Productive and fast pace

They are really supportive whenever you need help with something your manager is always there. The tools are very easy to use and the formation is a lot helpful.

Incredible sales training. Best in class!

If you want to learn how to sell then this is the company for you. The focus is on results. High pressure, high stress sales environment. Not everyone’s cup of tea, but I loved my time working at the Yellow Pages. They are a results-driven company so be ready to work your butt off!

Un vrai travail qui te récompense pour tes efforts

Un emploi de rêve pour ceux qui sont prêt a mettre les efforts nécessaires

Work from home but it never ends

The turnover here is so high due to constant threats of loosing your job. Only a few people actually hit their targets, majority miss. They have screwed over so many businesses across Canada in previous years that it is a very hard sell. A lot of after work hours work is required. Mandatory courses you have to do on your own time you are not paid for. Only way to succeed here is let it consume your life, not a job if you have a family or value balance. Salary is good but don't expect to make much more than the base pay. Senior reps get warm leads so don't let their success fool you.

Pros

Hours Base salary

Cons

Lots of after work time required Hard sell

Great place to work with good benefits. Overall excellent for me.

Great place to work with good benefits. Good learning experience, great team environment, the company embrace diversity, and create different incentives to stimulate performance. Is a good to go.

Pros

Very good benefits and learning opportunities.

Cons

A difficult job but fair enough.

Not enough pay for the Stress

I enjoyed this job for about the first 4 months I was there. I had a manager who had left the company and they had replaced them with a new one. The new manager they had replaced him with was awful. He was extremely negative and you couldn’t even tell him about it otherwise you were “attacking his integrity”. As soon as he started, the fear of losing my job started every single day. At first I did really well when everything was positive, and then my sales started to go down. I was threatened everyday that if I didn’t get sales I was going to lose my job. They make you run blindly towards a talk time target that seems half impossible to hit most days when you get nothing but answering machines, and the managers will NOT allow MACs to speak with Human Resources, they will simply tell you “we don’t do that here”. Good luck getting a hold of the telesales managers if you have questions, as they rarely answer them, instead they have you type a question into a Microsoft teams chat and wait for an answer there. In my opinion, the job is not worth the headache of negative management when you are already in a high stress job. DO NOT RECOMMEND, especially in Atlantic Canada. Horrible management.

Pros

Salary, commission, benefits

Cons

Poor managers, untrained managers, negative environment

Yellow pages.... Fake it till you make it!

You spend your day on the phone cold calling clients and trying to convince them they need yellowpages.ca advertising in order for their business to be successful. They have made so many customers upset in the past that most of the people you talk to hang up as soon as they hear yellowpages. When you first start your days are packed full of non stop training and they stuff as many products as they can down your throat and tell you to go sell.If you try and ask any of the successful sales people for tips or tricks they will just say it's luck and won't actually give you any help and it's the same people hitting the big numbers every week.. If you aren't one of these people then you will very swiftly be shown the door.Management is very cliquey and often refers to their staff as baby, sweetheart, love, pal and buddy. they pick and chose their favorite people and if you aren't one of their star players you won't be mentioned or acknowledged.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Poor management

Sécurité de l'emploi / évolution de carrière

Cette entreprise font des mises à pied de manière continue. Dans une année il peut y avoir des coupures majeurs. Au début , au milieu et fin d' année. Être un employé de plusieurs année a temps plein ne sécurise aucunement votre emploi et le syndiqua ni peu rien non plus pour vous. Un endroit très bien rémunéré. Je crois personnellement que cette rémunération compense le stresse de cette instabilité d'emploi.

Pros

salaire, horaire, ambiance et avantages sociaux

Cons

emploi non sécurisant

Supportive and collaborative

Culture at YP has evolved so much over the last several years. Now that they've adopted a permanent work-from-home model, work/life balance is easier to achieve than ever before. An incredibly supportive environment with an amazing benefits/pension package.

Pros

Work-life-balance, remote, supportive, benefits

Cons

in-person meetings can't happen anymore

Training and support is a joke

The training was rushed and incomplete. We had to beg the trainer to make us listen to a few calls before throwing us on the line with absolutely no clue of what the hell we are doing. The system is way too complexe for no reason. Very not user friendly. Throughout the `training` we mostly went through things that we would practically never use. Everytime someone had a question the answer was always `we will go through that later` but most of them were not covered. Very difficult to follow. Trainer kept going back and forth on useless material. He really didnt seem like he wanted to be there. At one point I thought he was about to have a mental breakdown.When the integration period started, they brought in the absolute worst person to help. Guy was extremely condescening and practically making fun of people who didnt understand a certain request. Euuuhhh it may be so obvious to you cause you been working here 3 years, we`ve been here barely 2 months wtf is your problem? And for some reason they forbidden us to call the helpdesk for support. The only `support` we got a Microsoft Teams group chat with only 2 people to support 12 newbies. You had to ask a question in the chat and if they felt it was pertinent enough, they would reply to you. However, you still have to wait for one of them clowns to get back to you. Could take 10 to 15 minutes before they do....if they do. Meanwhile, the client is on hold this whole time with the most annoying a** piano solo thats way too loud and obnoxious.They dont even try to hide their favortism. When I finally got to my manager, we had -

Pros

Pay

Cons

No support

Great work environment, good culture, and fast paced.

Great place to work.. I've been at YP for a total of 9 years ( in different roles) and I am still very happy here. They encourage growth within the company, and treat employees well and respectful.

Pros

Good culture and environment, work life balance, and great benefits and perks.

Cons

honestly none that come to mind that I can think of

Great community of peers and management

I was a Distribution Supervisor for Western Canada. I really enjoyed my tenure there. Had latitude to create SOP's to better improve processes. Management was supportive and respectful. Actively engaging and recognized your efforts and rewarded team with social events. Highly recommend working there!

Pros

Supportive, engaging and transparent

100% télétravail ! :)

L'organisation a décidé de passer en mode télétravail de manière permanente. Ceci amène une belle conciliation travail/famille et une meilleure qualité de vie !PJ a dû se réadapter dans les dernières années et la l'organisation est en belle position pour relever les prochains défis.Également, il y a une belle diversité et mesdames, sachez qu'en 2020, PJ comptait plus de femmes que d'hommes dans ses rangs. Vous aurez la même chance qu'eux d'accéder aux postes de la haute direction ! Il s'agit d'une belle équipe, tout le monde est super sympathique et respectueux !!Pour terminer, les assurances collectives sont payées à 95% par l'organisation et PJ cotise pour votre retraite !N'hésitez pas ! De beaux défis vous attendent !

Pros

Télétravail, gens sympathiques et respectueux, avantages sociaux, flexibilité, cadeaux envoyés aux employés

Very Disorganized Company

Company is kind of a mess...unhappy customers who have had many errors on their accounts in the past...management generally in cover their ---mode but pay and benefits were good

Deceiving Job Offer

They don't let you know you have to take a test every week when you're hired. If you get below 80% they will fire you with no severance pay.During the training period, they were firing 10 people every week. These people left their old jobs for Yellow pages and were fired with no warning.Avoid Yellow pages unless you know a manager already working there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yellow Pages. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement