Yardi Systems, Inc.

Yardi Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
Work is relaxed but is made stressful through constant supervision and work logging in the system. If you get a good manager you will be comfortable working here. Other employees are really friendly and helpful.
Pros
Helping/friendly colleagues
Cons
Had lots of fun and learning while working here. Management is nice. Pretty good work life balance. People are friendly and willing to help all the time.
the direct administrative support to the Projects and Operations Teams. I have developed strong written and oral communication skills, and I interact quite often with stakeholders. I am constantly dealing with tender documents, purchase orders, contracts, proposed change notices, and change orders.
if you are a high performing member of the team, it will not go unnoticed (by metrics). Follow the rules and you will be rewarded.
Job security is definitely high. Advancement.. not so much. "Advancement" is more of a lateral move to a different department. Good thing about that is if you are bored with the scope of work, making a lateral move will solve that.

They hire people with unrelated or non-existent qualifications. If that doesn't bother you, then Yardi is a great place to work.
I worked at Yardi for 10 years and found management to be very weak. I liked my position, but I found that those who were advanced internally, were friends of other management personnel. A wonderful part of the job was the learning possibilities. We had access to Lynda.com classes and could use it whenever we had time. I took more than 30 classes on social media, digital marketing, and more.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Flexibility to work shift that works with your schedule. Room to grow and learn. Will find success if you are willing to apply yourself 100%. Micromanagement is minimal
Absolutely the best employer I have had by miles. Theyare very friendly, great team ethics, enthusiatic about being the best which I do enjoy a lot. I have no regrets whatsoever, I just love going to work there every weekday and participating in social activities.
Good for an initial job out of school. Compensation is not as competitive as its clients and competitors. Not a lot of room for upward advancement. Decent benefits.
A typical day of work consisted of opening up the office, replying to emails, delivering mail, entering data into the computing system and filing the various papers in their respected places.

Through this experience I learned valuable customer service, time management and organization skills as my role in the office was essential to running the daily activities for the office employees.

My management was always ensuring that I was comfortable with the work I was given, but also pushed me to try things where I would be able to extract valuable skills from. My coworkers were always very helpful when I needed assistance and were patient when I was in training. I quickly became assimilated into the company's work culture after observing my coworkers in a matter of days.

The most difficult part of the job was learning the computer skills to input data into the computing system as I had not had a similar experience prior to taking on this role. Although it was not overly difficult, and I had learnt quickly, it was the most difficult part of my job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with clients and learning various communication skills that helped me excel in customer service. Through this experience, I have learned to communicate in a professional but friendly manner.
Pros
professional environment, accommodate to employee needs, friendly coworkers and management, open to teaching new skills to employees, constant growth opportunities through promotions
Cons
longer hours, work intensive, higher stress environment
A good place to work and learn new skills and serve clients. Working on implementations of Rent Café. Following up with the design team and escalating if/when required to senior techs or management as per clients request.
Pros
Insurance coverage
The best thing about Yardi are the employees. It seems they hire people with the same personality, which makes it very easy to get along with everyone.
Yardi has grown exceptionally fast in the last eight years. They have acquired many other software products and branched out to new areas. They seem to have too many tentacles to swim a smooth path in the big ocean of software providers.
Pros
excellent employees
Cons
too much pressure on mangement to provide support for employees