Ya YA Foods

Ya YA Foods Employee Reviews

Immediate supervisor was excellent, the owner looked down his nose at us. employees at other branches were very discontented in the manner they were treated.
Pros
I got a pay cheque
Cons
Not respected by owners, dirty working conditions, insufficient remuneration.
Once hired in the shipping or receiving departments, You're given keys to a forklift to use for the day. When handed the keys to a machine often times their short machines and have too many staff, when asking the lead hand or supervisor if there are more machines the answer is no.. So you oftentimes stand around waiting for something to do and often sent home for lack of work. This goes on for days when I was there it got to the point to where others would leave after lunch. For training there isn't a lot of time for training it's rushed and lots of mistakes are made and others don't take the blame for the work getting messed up..
Within the short time frame since I joined Yaya Food Corps, my knowledge of the food and beverage industry has grown significantly. Passion and dedication are recognized in this fast-paced and rapidly growing company, and are rewarded with larger responsibilities and opportunities to broaden your skillset. Team work and collaboration is encouraged, and most other employees I've interacted with have displayed willingness to go above and beyond to help fellow employees/support projects as needed.
Pros
Hard work is recognized and rewarded.
Fast paced company with a teamwork culture. Plenty of opportunities to grow and hard work is recognized. The management team has always had a strong entrepreneurial spirit which keeps it an exciting place to work!
Pros
team oriented and supportive culture, fast paced work environment
The Capital Engineering Coordinator manages multiple projects in the beverage industry. This position allows one to gain a considerable amount of experience and responsibility in project management. Every project is different and requires one to think critically to successfully complete it on time. This position is the opposite of tedious; if anything, it requires one to continuously learn new things. The job is not physically straining and the environment isn't as fast-paced as most manufacturing plants. There is always a lot of work to do so the day goes by quick. I would highly recommend working at YaYA Foods as a Capital Engineering Coordinator. I have been working here for almost a year and I have successfully completed many projects... and I was rewarded well for it.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Fair Pay, Rewarding Work
Terrible management. There is no structure or organization within this company. Upper management is very disconnected and has no clue on how to efficiently run an organization. Team leads demand tasks with no clear guidance on how to realistically achieve the result. They push you and try to throw you under the bus until you deliver, but if you question them or point out the ridiculousness behind their plans in front of others all of a sudden the tasks they asked for are now no longer a priority as the other departments then see how these team leads have no idea or understanding of what is really happening. Lots of nepotism and people with no experience or education in upper management roles. The plant itself is a mess, outdated equipment and the safety is a joke. In desperate need of an audit. Honestly avoid this place unless you are desperate for a job.
Pros
Short commute, co workers are friendly unlike management
Cons
stressful, toxic environment
Pros
Short commute, can run away fast
Cons
Not a professional organization, toxic and stressful environment with lots of nepotism
The company is very people-focused, there is a strong sense of teamwork. Everyone feels like they are adding value and contributing to the success of the company. Makes for a fun and exciting place to work!
Pros
Company events, bonuses, etc.
Ya YA Foods is very big on personal and professional growth. When I interviewed for my role, I spoke with the COO about my excitement to apply the knowledge that I had gained in a practical setting. I was walked through the various aspects of the role as well as what areas I could specialize in. It has been a pleasure being integrated into the Ya YA family as well as the supportive and hardworking team of my department.
Place is a big joke. Dont ever attempt to work in this place. go somewhere else.A company mastering nepotism. a bad company to be associated with.COO always threaten to fire people.
Pros
Nothing good
Cons
Nepotism, bully, waste management nonexistent
This is a family business completely mismanaged. The owner has no business culture & as a result all decision are taken by the COO. This individual takes pleasure in humiliating staff publicly & intimidating employees. The teams are so afraid to speak up that there is a continuous atmosphere of oppression within the staff. The room for growth is zero as all key positions are locked by a family member or a friend of the family (with no credentials or training for the role they have). Think twice before you go there… They have great benefits, very good salaries, and the facility is spotless clean. This is why it is super attractive when you do not know the background. After you join, you discover that they lied on the job duties & job responsibilities. The turn over at every level of the company is insane. Do not go there, you will regret it. Ask around to former employees or current employees before you accept an offer. You need to know the truth before you board that boat.
Pros
Salary & benefits
Cons
Everything else & the executive manager is a bully
Company's management style is dictatorial .Management is very conservative and targets employees for their own mistakes and they put fault on people even when they are innocent .There is no work life balance as even after doing 12 to 13 hours shift you will be getting calls at home so mentally you will be at work .Company follows HIRE AND FIRE POLICY and that's why people working there lack integrity .If you have a job with low pay and mental satisfaction DO NOT CHOSE TO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY AS YOU WILL HAVE A HUGE REGRET.Top management from CEO to production lead are highly unprofessional and brutal as they do not treat you as a human being but as a robot .
Pros
Cons
Long hours, No breaks and unprofessional leaders
Well you can know now my Opinion . Ya ya food are good company .cause for me I was learn more from there, About different kind of filling , packaging machine. And Robertic machine as well. But just I was not satisfied with my pay. Only that thing other way I must say it’s good company.
I had a death in my family and I was refused an unpaid day off to attend the burial, masses and family gathering afterwards. I have been forever shamed and full of regret due to not attending Furthermore I feel very bitter and acknowledge this was done because I didn't meet what they prefer.
Cons
No multiculturalism. The dominant nation in Ya Ya is Eastern Indians, Punjabi is almost official official language of verbal communication. Poor moral and poor culture, people have a lot of conflicts basically they yell on each other all the time. Due to lack of time many employees perform 'shortcut' procedures instead of official SOPs. No training, they just push to work and if mistakes happen, they blame an employee. I DO NOT RECOMMEND. Very toxic, aggressive and stressful environment.
Good company to work with. As this is co-packing industry the business is customer based. if there are orders, they hire and if orders are lost mass lay-offs.
It's 12 hours work and shifting for every two weeks. It's just about the pay for overtime and holiday and they promise to raise salary but nothing happens and theirs no seniority and they don't appreciate what you did. What i like is my co-workers.
Working at Ya Ya Foods during the past 4 years is fun, there is team work, respect in every employee, we help each other in order to accomplished our common goal, "to make our customer happy and contented".
Management is disorganised and only promotes and hire unqualified family members. If you are related to the owners and you screw up, you can be expected to be promoted to a position of higher value. Someone else will come in a clean up their mess. High risk of being laid off, because the business is mismanaged and they seek to blame innocent people In the office, everyone leaves right on time, because the job is easy and there really isnt a point to try hard because you will not be promoted. Most of the time, people are pretending to work. The quality standards and approaches that this company takes is lacking - there are a few people who try to improve it, but the family that runs it, holds their own success behind. Dont mention the IT infrastructure, because it does not exist! You can work here to learn how not to run a company! Watch out for the family
It is so hard to work for a company that does not value its employees' health and well-being. There is no regard for future consideration of it's worker, If you get old and you find it hard to work or get injured, you can get kicked out anytime. We ran a line of two machines that requires only one operator, and yet you are only paid the same rate as running a single machine, plus you are expected to perform work like running a single machine (one plus one equals two)...
Horrible place to work! Racist organization! No training! Employees constantly being fired! Management completely incompetent! Run by idiots with deep pockets! Stay away! Always looking to replace fired employees!
Pros
None!
Cons
Everything!
  1. Employee reviews