YA Canada Employee Reviews

customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON19 January 2019
taught me how to handle a volume of calls and numerous personality types. it was a good environment that taught me a sense of community and friendship.
Do NOT apply
Contact Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON12 September 2018
Horrible company to work for. They treat their employees like complete garbage. At the end of the day you will always be a number there. If you have any sort of medical condition they make it extremely hard on you to get time off. Even if you provide medical documentation they will fight you every step of the way.
Great
T-Mobile employee (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON12 September 2018
While working at YA I learned how to deal with difficult customers in ways that I wouldn't have thought. The staff was all in all nice to work with and not all that hard to get along with. My team members were amazingly friendly and I liked working there.
Demanding
Customer Service Representative/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON10 April 2018
Taking incoming calls, dealt with irate customers, had to excellent quality calls. I learned about the rebate process and a cell phone company. The management was fair, and there was every culture. The hardest part of the job is telling the customer they do not qualify.
The most enjoyable part was fixing the customers problem.
Pros
on your honour system
Cons
terrible shifts
decent fun work place with decent co workers
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON10 August 2017
was a great place to work with mostly good days answering calls for different clients. good lunch hours and benefits after a time period. advancement opportunity and little perks for the reps sometimes
Pros
mostly good environment to work in
Cons
the computers would always freeze
Friendly people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON14 August 2018
Relaxed environment, amazing people. There can be some favoritism with the Team Leaders and the Operations manager, but other than that it's not too bad of a place to work.
company is good but my lead was hard to work with.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham, Ontario16 August 2012
This was a very different experiene for me. I really liked the job in itself as far as the duties and the co-workers were great. But I have to admit, felt very bad for the management. Company seems good, real good benefits, hours were not to hard to deal with, establishment could of used a lot of tender love and care. But in all considering everything it was a fairly good experience and I learned a lot on how people can be and how some react to certain things.
benefits
Cons
some one always on your back.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON21 February 2018
productive and fun workplace enjoyed snacks baked good days meals smoking area outside, chances for promotions on and off phones , part time and full time
Seemed Awesome
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON28 March 2017
I absolutely loved my job when I started there, however I was hired part time and was being forced to work 40 hours per week with out benefits. I had some personal stuff happen and they refused to give me a leave of absence so I used all of my E days and they terminated my employment.
mind numbing
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham, Ontario6 February 2012
i would not recommend applying or working at ya canada to anyone, management is most often out of touch with frontline employees, rarely follows own policies and has no problem screwing over 300+ employess to avoid losing a nickle on their salary
Pros
paycheck
Cons
everything
Unbearable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON13 September 2017
This place was awesome when i first started but turned bad after expansion ... Toxic management. They dont care about how the employees feel or about personal and family issues.. All they care about is how much money they make at the end of the day. The employess are great but the biggest concern is management. There also is alot of favouritism so if your not liked by management good luck moving up anywhere or even being recognized for your hard work.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Management and screaming customers for long hours.
Call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON29 December 2017
Worked there for a few months, easy going, easy to learn, nice management. Everyone was treated with respect and employees got together fairly well. All around not bad employment
Pros
Easy, days went by fast
Cons
being on the phone all day
Fast Paced, Multi-Tasking Environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON1 June 2017
This job is a lot, and it requires people who are not only fast paced, but able to learn about copious amounts of promotions and use of systems, while having thick enough skin to not let screaming customers effect you. The training for this job was so fun, and everybody at this workplace wants you to be the best you can be. They focus on being the best you can be. This job requires a lot from you and although it is different from other call centres, I would recommend you have experience in one. If have not, like myself, being belittled by the customers really does affect you mentally. The pay was great for a student.
Pros
Free snacks and drinks and the pay was great.
Cons
Only for some people
Call center
Help Files Coordinator/Webmaster (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON3 November 2017
Another call center I was a supervisor in. The upper management in this one had unrealistic expectations of most of their supervisors. They would often deliver empty promises to the clients that hired us, then blame the supervisors for not being able to complete requirements of the contract.
fun workplace with respect for each other
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON22 August 2013
-taking phone calls; doing emails; doing live chats with customers
-i've learned to overcome my fears and my shyness and gained my self-esteem back.
-management has been wonderful to me! Management is for the most part on the same page with each other; however, no workplace is perfect. Human Resources is always willing to help with any type of personal or work related issues.
-i get along with all my co-workers; and we work together as a team!
-hardest part of the job is dealing with very very irate customers that will use abusive language and after insisting that they stop, it continues on.
-most enjoyable part of the job is being with my co-workers and having a good time, telling jokes and our life stories as well
Pros
family atmosphere - feel safe and happy
Cons
no pay increases within the last 3-4 years for anyone
fun environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON2 November 2017
very stressful customer calls about client technology and rebates and very limited to freedom of speech, management is not attentive to their surroundings and theft does appear prominant
Pros
great team mates
Cons
inconsistansies with scheduling
did not have to cold call; they called you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON21 April 2012
Dealt with customers for different organizations; Walgreens; horizons; sears and other prominent suppliers where consumers had not received their rebate and/or unsatisfied with their purchases because of lack of communication between fliers and store managers in different locations regarding possible rebates. Learned how to interact with people on the telephone; and how to respond to an unsatisfied consumer; more irate consumers were transferred to upper management to deal with. The co-workers were great to work with; the hardest part of the job was when the connections went down, you had to wait for them to resume and if they did not you were sent home. The most enjoyable part of the job was that you were able to pick your own hours, they were quite flexible.
Pros
incentives; cash bonuses
Cons
talking a lot on the phone
Ok place to work but not the greatest.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON9 September 2017
I will never go back to YA as they don't work with you when it comes to illnesses or family issues to give you the required time off or more favorable shift even after proving you need a day shift or time off like they say they would.
Pros
Fun work environment.
Cons
Non favorable shifts, poor management.
Okay job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON27 December 2017
Very stressful place. Would not work here unless you have no other choice or are just looking to gain experience in customer service setting. It's fun initially.
quiet and friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON13 July 2014
in a typical work day i would answer calls from multiple clients, assist customers with questions. i learned how to deescalate up set customers and how to process claims. the management and fellow co-workers was always helpful and plesent. the hardest part of the job was listening to irate customers when i was not able to assist them.the most enjoyable part of the job was talking to people from all over.
Pros
referal bonus, fun contests