YA Canada Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON21 February 2018
productive and fun workplace enjoyed snacks baked good days meals smoking area outside, chances for promotions on and off phones , part time and full time
Call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON29 December 2017
Worked there for a few months, easy going, easy to learn, nice management. Everyone was treated with respect and employees got together fairly well. All around not bad employment
Pros
Easy, days went by fast
Cons
being on the phone all day
Okay job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON27 December 2017
Very stressful place. Would not work here unless you have no other choice or are just looking to gain experience in customer service setting. It's fun initially.
Productive great environment. The people are great.
Customer care representitive (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON13 November 2017
Awesome workplace. I worked there 10 years ago and would work there again today. I hear lots of good thing aboy Ya Canada. Maybe I will get hired again.
Call center
Help Files Coordinator/Webmaster (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON3 November 2017
Another call center I was a supervisor in. The upper management in this one had unrealistic expectations of most of their supervisors. They would often deliver empty promises to the clients that hired us, then blame the supervisors for not being able to complete requirements of the contract.
fun environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON2 November 2017
very stressful customer calls about client technology and rebates and very limited to freedom of speech, management is not attentive to their surroundings and theft does appear prominant
Pros
great team mates
Cons
inconsistansies with scheduling
Unbearable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON13 September 2017
This place was awesome when i first started but turned bad after expansion ... Toxic management. They dont care about how the employees feel or about personal and family issues.. All they care about is how much money they make at the end of the day. The employess are great but the biggest concern is management. There also is alot of favouritism so if your not liked by management good luck moving up anywhere or even being recognized for your hard work.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Management and screaming customers for long hours.
Ok place to work but not the greatest.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON9 September 2017
I will never go back to YA as they don't work with you when it comes to illnesses or family issues to give you the required time off or more favorable shift even after proving you need a day shift or time off like they say they would.
Pros
Fun work environment.
Cons
Non favorable shifts, poor management.
Decent for a call center
Escalations Representative (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON16 August 2017
When I initially started this job it seemed promising. However after expansion and growth a lot of those promising aspects have since been left behind.
decent fun work place with decent co workers
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON10 August 2017
was a great place to work with mostly good days answering calls for different clients. good lunch hours and benefits after a time period. advancement opportunity and little perks for the reps sometimes
Pros
mostly good environment to work in
Cons
the computers would always freeze
Fast Paced, Multi-Tasking Environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON1 June 2017
This job is a lot, and it requires people who are not only fast paced, but able to learn about copious amounts of promotions and use of systems, while having thick enough skin to not let screaming customers effect you. The training for this job was so fun, and everybody at this workplace wants you to be the best you can be. They focus on being the best you can be. This job requires a lot from you and although it is different from other call centres, I would recommend you have experience in one. If have not, like myself, being belittled by the customers really does affect you mentally. The pay was great for a student.
Pros
Free snacks and drinks and the pay was great.
Cons
Only for some people
Customer Services
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON30 March 2017
At YA Canada company. I was able to use my personal skills, helping the customers as translator and making the pepper work from Spanish to English,
Seemed Awesome
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON28 March 2017
I absolutely loved my job when I started there, however I was hired part time and was being forced to work 40 hours per week with out benefits. I had some personal stuff happen and they refused to give me a leave of absence so I used all of my E days and they terminated my employment.
YA Canada
Taking calls in the rebate department for T-mobile (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON22 March 2017
This job is an overall good experience. Most of the people are great. The pay is very good. Free snacks and people are there for you when you need help. The job isn't for everyone!
Pros
Good people, good pay, works around scedual, free snacks
Cons
Not long enough training. The job can be hard to deal with
good place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wallaceburg, ON1 February 2017
Good place to work while the doors were open but the company moved to another location leaving me out of work. Work was clean and productive. Job was sorting paper mail ins.
Pros
great hours close to home
Cons
company moved
impression
Data Entry Processor. (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON15 January 2017
YA's employees are a great bunch of people, but the management seems they don't care about their employees, especially when they lay off 600 people. Putting 600 people out of work because they didn't want to pay the Canadian dollar.
Pros
managment
Cons
fellow employees
Decent job, fairly strict.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON20 December 2016
The job at YA Canada was good and easy, so easy it was boring, The real issue was that there was no freedom, yes you could be yourself on the phone, to an extent, but other than that you have to follow their guidelines.
Pros
Free Lunch, good environment.
Cons
Very Strict, No freedom.
Great training, fun environment with a gorgeous work place!
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON9 September 2016
I've only been at this company for 3 weeks but I have been made to feel very welcome by staff and mgmt. State of the art facility including a great lunch room. You feel like people really care about the jobs they are doing and each other. Time goes by fast and mgmt treats staff with respect. YA is growing so there is little flexibility if you want fewer shifts. However, there is a lot of support to get you any time-off you need. But on a regular basis they want everyone working full speed ahead. Not necessarily a bad thing - just the way it is.
Pros
Great Team Atmosphere
Cons
Little flexibility for shorter work weeks - if that's what you're into
Ya
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Chatham, ON18 March 2016
I really miss YA, working there it felt like you were part of a family. I worked on different clients while I was there. I miss the YA Canada atmosphere.
Pros
Nice lunch room
Busy workplace with many clients
Escalated Agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON24 October 2015
This was my first call center job I was at that dealt with rebates and I learned how to be patient,actively listen and learned how to deal with irate customers on a regular basis. I was trained in various clients in the building as a supervisor so it was always hectic if the client I was taking calls for slowed down I would get thrown into another so I had to be really good at multitasking and using different programs and pay close attention to details as each client had their own procedures. My co-workers are what got me through the day there it was always highly stressful as it was American based. Most of the escalated calls were pretty intense there. Some of the clients preferred we used scripting that sounded like we were robots which wasn't very natural but as per the clients request those are things we had to do there to meet their standards and keep business with them. We would have pot luck there and incentives and draws go on. Overall a decent company to work for even though their employment in Chatham really diminished in size.
Pros
incentives, early release option to go home early, good hours
Cons
Always busy without breaks in between calls, pay was low, some clients used scripting