YA Canada
Here to help
Coronavirus update

YA Canada Employee Reviews

Canada66 reviews
It was a great place to work and was very disappointed when they closed due to the virus. The supervisors worked well with the employees and help to make the environment healthy
I liked working at YA but unfortunately they have closed permanently. The staff and management were helpful and friendly and always had time to soeak with us.
Pros
Good hpurs and pay.
I had a great experience, made a lot of friends, lots of room for advancement. I would defiantly recommend the company. It was sad that it had to close due to Covid 19
In brief: YA will do anything and everything to work with you and your needs, so long as you're willing to work with them.

As a call centre, stress is an unavoidable part of the job. Any member of the leadership team understands this, and will do everything they can to help soften that stress and turn a difficult day into a rewarding one.
Very stressful. A lot of drama within the work environment and between coworkers outside of work. The fun activities they do, after a while stop making up for the stress of the job and the pressure they put on you to crank out numbers
It’s a typical call center but more than half of the calls are irate customers. If you are not used to working in a call center, then it’s not an ideal job if you are used to dealing with customers face to face
The job is a typical call center. Turnover is high but the people that work their you can get along with. The job isnt hard and they give you support to do your job.
Great place to work if you have the right attitude. As long as you remember that people call BECAUSE they have problems. It's a problem solving job.
The environment is fun, lots. of monthly I was sad to leave
YA would be a good place of employment for an entry level job for students, but opposite to what they may advise, room for advancement is rather slim in the current environment. Would only recommend to those looking for a job while they are attending school.
Working at YA was a good environment. some days are slower than others and some days picked up really well management was always there when you needed them. It's a pretty laid-back environment and they want you to do your best
Awesome place to work and such a friendly environment compared to other call centers and places to work. You feel cared for. When company is growing i would highly recommend however it is downsizing with no hiring happening anytime soon.
I truly LOVED my job at Ya. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone who enjoys a fast paced environment and speaking with customers. The building was fresh and new.
I wouldnt reccomend working here... it's just an all around awful place. The management sucks... it's like highschool; everyone is clique-y and immature.
Not for everyone you have to have thick skin and a lot of ambition. Sit for long periods of time. Schedules suck! Work a lot of nights employees and leads and supervisor are amazing they do what they can and help out they are compassionate but management sucks they don’t care you are a seat filler. Management you can not trust!
Pros
Good people
Cons
Management sucks
YA Canada was a great place to work. The 5 weeks of training before you start really prepare you for the work you will be doing. The team leads and supervisors are easy to approach and quick to help and give guidance. There is opportunity for advancement and YA makes it easy to set goals and achieve them. Their salary and benefits are great as well.
Pros
Lounge, Tv, event days, fresh fruit
Cons
shift work
taught me how to handle a volume of calls and numerous personality types. it was a good environment that taught me a sense of community and friendship.
process rebates and provide credits. worked for a cell phone provide that ran promotions that customers had to submit for and help cx upload document if more information is needed
Cons
mixed information
Horrible company to work for. They treat their employees like complete garbage. At the end of the day you will always be a number there. If you have any sort of medical condition they make it extremely hard on you to get time off. Even if you provide medical documentation they will fight you every step of the way.
While working at YA I learned how to deal with difficult customers in ways that I wouldn't have thought. The staff was all in all nice to work with and not all that hard to get along with. My team members were amazingly friendly and I liked working there.
Relaxed environment, amazing people. There can be some favoritism with the Team Leaders and the Operations manager, but other than that it's not too bad of a place to work.
Taking incoming calls, dealt with irate customers, had to excellent quality calls. I learned about the rebate process and a cell phone company. The management was fair, and there was every culture. The hardest part of the job is telling the customer they do not qualify.
The most enjoyable part was fixing the customers problem.
Pros
on your honour system
Cons
terrible shifts