XTL Transport Inc. Employee Reviews

Surrey location is an excellent place to work
Highway Driver (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 August 2018
I have worked with XTL in the Surrey location for 10 years and have never had any issues. The equipment is well maintained and turned over ever 4 years. Everyone receives a raise annually regardless of performance. Benefits and MSP are paid for. Lots of hours are available if your willing to work and I have never had to worry about getting paid. They even pay for chaining up in the winter. Management is easy to approach and is always looking to work with you. A great place to work.
Je ne recommande pas xtl
shunuter (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC7 August 2018
J'ai deja travaillé pour XTL et je ne la recommande aucunement.Payé au forfait.Tres grand roulement de personnel.Autant dans les bureaux que sur la route.Aucun droit à l'erreur.Salaire pas tres élevé.
Pros
On ne touche a rien.
Cons
salaire
Low paying job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 July 2018
I left this company, Because there pay is low and no work and life balance .
When I ask for raise they refuse. I will suggest not to waste your time working in this place.
Worked here as a forklift driver for 2 days before they fired me for saying I lacked interest hahaha what a joke.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC17 April 2018
This place is like your normal ( not ) super high pressure cross dock environment.
They fired me cuz I left early after my second day of training simce the guy who was trainning me felt like it was normal to yell at people. Typical transport culture. No respect towards fellow man in anyway. What kind of company has employes who have barely been there for a year give training? Oh the ones that are poorly structured and don't want to invest in adequate training. This company isn't for those who enjoy structured environments that follow the letter to the T and empower their staff.
Pros
Higher start wage
Cons
Not organized, noisy, lots of pressure, stressful
Opportunities available
Driver (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 January 2018
A decade with XTL. If you are looking for a responsible reliable company take a look at XTL. They have the latest equipment. Training programs to help you get started with the company not hinder you. If they were not reasonable I would have moved on by now.
Pros
open door policy
typical hard job of driver class 1
Dorval Driver class1 (containers) (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC22 September 2017
typical hard job of driver class 1. Minimum trips required 3 per day in 14 hours. If this was done in less then let's say 10 hours additional tasks were assigned and that was over the edge
Pros
typical hard job of driver class 1
Cons
typical hard job of driver class 1
Truck driver (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB20 September 2017
Good place to work. Doesnt touch the cargo so the drivers have more self management. Good late model equipment to work with. Good mechanical assitance for long distance trips
warehouse is a cold and dirty place
roll clamp driver (Former Employee) –  rexdale1 March 2017
I drove a roll clamo truck...place was dirty , cold, they hired me for a day shift then I had to move to afternoon then nights, no shift premium. ..no pay increase after probation....they extended the probation time...
Cons
cold and dirty, no pay increases
Good trucking company
Truck Driver - Class 1 (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC25 February 2017
Helpful dispatch, good management.
You work only a week at a time which is great if you want time home.
Never had any disagreement with the management.
Pros
Working a week at a time
Cons
leaving on sundays
trop grosse compagnie le dialoge ne se fait pas a l interne.
CHAUFFEUR semi remorrque can. us.; (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC12 December 2016
probleme avec dispacher numero de retour pour passé douane.jai deja attendu 14 heures pour passé .
Pros
garage et fuel sur place .
Cons
papiers douanier, attente trop long pour voyage, camion mauvais etat, souvant, au garage-oblige de prendre autre camion a avec tous nos effets pers, rs.et souvant a utre cam ion tres salle, probleme avec la payé
environnement de travail irrespectueux et stressant au maximum
commis à la facturation (Former Employee) –  2700 chemin St-François, Dorval14 November 2016
- Ouverture et fermeture des "Gates"
- Diriger le chauffeur au bon débarcadaire
- Préparer la documentation nécessaire pour pick-up et livraisons
- Manifest(ACE) à faxer aux douanes pour voyages USA
- B-13
- OS & D
- Recevoir les containers et les associer aux bons de commandes
- Faire roll list pour "outbound et inbound" du lendemain
- Noter les heures d'entrées et sorties des chauffeurs sur MS 400

- Collaborateurs irrespectueux, crient aux meurtres devant les clients quand ils font erreur et sont stressés.
Pros
Apprentissage MS 400, B-13, OS & D et roll list
Cons
. Super stressant (on en fait jamais assez)
Easy environment to work in
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB27 October 2016
Overall a good company to work for. I got to choose my hours and specific run.I would recommend this job to anyone looking to retire as a,company driver
Just work
Warehouse material handler (Roll clamp operator) (Current Employee) –  Rexdale, ON11 April 2016
Workers is not the problem its the management.
Terrible workplace condition worse than i expect for a Canadian company that has been operating for more than 10 years.
Good place to learn new skills
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB22 January 2016
Running a terminal was a great job. Hiring great staff and drivers made each day seem easy (even when it wasn't). Learned all the necessary skills to really manage the day to day operations of the entire business unit. Glad for all the skills I learned and experience I gained.
Pros
strive for excellence always
Cons
nepotism
Official response from XTL Transport Inc.
19 February 2018

Very good company to work for. Family oriented, easy going with staff, easy to communicate with staff. respect return home. good weekly pay. Gives chances to new drivers, very Glad to work for XTL and thank you for giving me the chance that other transport companies did not give me ....

mandat
Vaudreuil, QC (Former Employee) –  Montréal8 September 2014
Mon mandat était de diversifier le portefeuille de clients de l'entreprise, ce que j'ai réussi en moins d'un an
Decent company
BILLING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Milton ont9 August 2013
Did filing, was a part time job while at school. Changed their manual filing system to computerized.
Great Working Atmosphere
Sys Admin / Snr Desk-Side Tech (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, Ontario25 June 2013
Depends on the Indiv.
Great People working and Managing.
Developed good friendly Relationships across the entire global company.
Learn Plenty to be more successfull with career.
Dynamic and fulfilling company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2013
Being an account manager at XTL had allowed me to grow in the customer service field and transportation industry, which I was never interested in until starting at XTL. The transportation industry is dynamic and differs day to day.
Productive, great place to work
Customer Service Rep/Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rexdale, Ontario25 October 2012
A typical day @ work for me was to start my day @ 06:30a.m..
Treat people the way you expect to be treated
Not all management are easy to get along with
not having things go as planned
being told thank you when you go above & beyond
Pros
receiving free product
Cons
management who didn't value your input
Official response from XTL Transport Inc.
19 February 2018

nice company to work for ... lots of supports, retour à la maison à chaque semaine

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XTL Transport Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.