Xplornet Communications

Xplornet Communications Employee Reviews

Canada82 reviews
Excellent work culture and very healthy team. Collaborative style of working and very considerate of family time. Management team is very good and takes initiative to ensure organization remains competitive.
Worst place ever worked at.
Management was be·lit·tling, de·mean·ing, disrespectful and unprofessonal towards agents.
Taking 50+ calls per shift.

Had to put up with verbally abusive Customers on a daily basis.

Told to lie to customers on a daily basis.

Would not recommend anybody to work there.
Mental Job
If you need a job to drive you crazy and mentally unstable. Then this is the right job for you.
Poor management, irate customer, selfish team leaders.

Team leader will just walk to you someday and say hey your job is finished here.
A really good stepping stone. Work was easy. Management was better then average. Put in the time and you can make good money for that area.
A really good stepping stone
Awesome company
Best place I've worked at in a long time.

Indeed is trying to make me write 150 charactures but the only thing anyone needs to know is that it's the best place to work at.
Good company
Transparent and supportive company culture Consistent work hours/work life balance Great healthcare and office perks including snacks/drinks in office and lunch on Wednesdays Dale Carnegie sales trainings offered and lots of one-on-one time with manager to help develop selling skills If you hit bonus the payouts are pretty generous (before taxes) compared to most other sales jobs

Cons
productive work environment
wonderful group of people to work with. Customer base very desirable as well. Clean working environment, lunch room and exercise room as well. Great training team as well.
Never again
I would no recommend working here!! Managers or TL are ignorant, especially one male and that girl with the squeaky voice. I could hear one manager speaking to another employee and putting this girl down on how slow she was mentally and physically. The only time you can be late is if you personally are in a car accident unreal
Supportive Work Place
Management is great in the TSS department. Workplace culture is supportive and they are always doing wonderful things to make your job easier. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers and keeping your own personality in tact while doing so.
Literally the WORST place I've EVER worked at!
I am great at my job (customer service). But that doesn't matter here. They don't care about the welfare of their employees and surely not their customers. If you take more than 15 seconds between your calls, they call it "call avoidance"; not that you could be having a sip of your drink before the next call or anything. Management is horrid. Avoid this place like the plague... They will ruin you mentally!
Run
The management is horrible if you feel like being yelled at. They treat the staff horrible. Heaven forbid you are a minute late you have to fill out a form to why you are late and how to avoid it next time. So if you call in sick don’t expect your job being there when you go to work the next day. It is like being a prisoner. I worked at 2 other call centres an never hated a job like I do working here
reasonably good starting company, not something I would want to make a career in.
I started as a CSR, went through rapid promotions from CSR, TOOS, JR TSR, SR TSR, ISG(supervisor), DSG, TSSA and Trainer.

Call center is brutal because of the metrics but after you get out of care it relaxes some. Very small minded people in middle management, a lot of general back office politics and general bull. But if you ignore that it does have a pretty good culture if you can stay above the nonesense.

The main thing I take away as a positive is, there is never a shortage of hands on experience with cutting edge technology, and I always felt like I was making a direct contribution to the business.

loved the people I worked with in general.
Valued as an employee
Excellent place to work - leadership team is engaging and open to suggestions. Benefits are good and any and all issues are dealt with by the HR section quickly and effectively. Their internal training (online courses) are 2nd to none. When I worked for Xplornet I felt valued as an employee...
Management issues
Employees are being stretched thin and management cant seem to make decision at unanimity with causes agents to be swing left to right with little guidance.

every months everything changes , no stability. mediocrity is being rewarded when hard work is being overlooked.
Great company
The company is great and the management is also awesome. If you are doing what you are supose to do and. You are there on time the management does take that into notice and will help you reach your goal. This is the first company that I worked for that feeds well its employees. The benefits and pay is good as well.
They are good to work for. There are some issues as no place is perfect they are alot better than some call centers I have worked at and not as good as others.
Basically a not so bad job
Good job
Working with public

Tough in weather ie snow roofs

Own boss

Latest techinal protocol in satelite and towers

Diffetent every day

Schedule for appointment ( in advance)

Paid weekly or invoice
Its okay if youre desperate
The job itself absolutely sucks. Being good at the job doesnt help you. Being good at the job just means youll be put in more queues to take more calls. The pay is good but definitely not worth it in the long term. Its a good job to get a leg up but you might lose your mind in the process. Basically when customers complain about their speeds a lot of the time theres nothing you can do..you tell them thats how the service works and it should be better but its most likely "congestion" a known issue that they oversold the tower.
Pros
Free lunches, good pay and benefits
Cons
The job itself is demeaning
You're just a number at this place
Worked here for 2 years felt like it was high school all over again. Favoritism in every Department. No one ever looking at the big picture, customers never came first. This company is just looking to make money weather customers are happy or not. This company always felt like they were moving backwards trying to charge customers for things other companies were moving away from
Mixed bag
The pay is good
I loved my manager

I really liked the people I worked with

That being said I hated the actual job. Working tech support for a company with “traffic management policies” aka throttling is horrible. An average call with a customer concluded like this: “yes I know you can’t open most websites and forget about streaming. Your signal is great and nothings wrong with the equipment. It’s just PEAK TIME TRAFFIC”. More and more Xplornet customers are cancelling because that is NOT acceptable. Xplornet polices are garbage. A customer told me he thought it was corporate greed and I couldn’t argue. It’s really hard to work this kind of job. Where the product is really bad and you have back it. Awful. I would not recommend anyone works here.
worst place to work at.
I worked at xplornet as a tech agent for 1 year and it was hands down the worst place i ever worked at. Its a soul sucking job,No work life balance you are basically a robot taking calls. The management is incompetent( eg. my managers previous job was working at tim hortons for 9 years making coffee and she is a tech manager here). Their product is garbage and they have oversubscribed their towers(you know this when it takes 5 mins to log into a customers modem). you will be manipulated by the management and ridiculed by the customers.And if you are starting out, forget about getting weekends off for the first 6 months(atleast). The pay is okay but not enough for the mental stress that you take everyday working here.The only good thing is that one can get a job easily here ( if you have a pulse they'll take you).

My honest advice is, run away !!. I would not even want my enemy to work here.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Xplornet Communications. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9