Xplornet Communications Employee Reviews

Not a fit for me
Regional Manager Network Planning and Provisioning (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON23 October 2018
this company and I were not a match. Corners are being cut wherever possible. Network quality and safety suffer. Unreasonable expectations from management. You spend more time reporting than working. I would not recommend anyone to work there.
Same like other call centers...It sucks big time!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON2 September 2018
At the start they treat you good but after a while they treat you like a number all because of micro managing. Can't have the schedule you want and management sucks.
Pros
Cons
Don't work there!!!
Great employer
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON7 August 2018
I am a current employee. Despite what others have said as long as you do your job and not call in sick due to a hangover they work with you. Big incentives and bonuses that are based on stats, frequent paid meals, overtime over your reg shifts is paid at time and a half, new shift bids happen quarterly so your not stuck on one shift forever as long as you do well on stats you get a choice of rotation and hours. The managers are very easy to get along with and all have worked the floor so they do know our jobs. RRSP contributions, draws, bonuses, above inimum wage, they train you. Downside is benefits are expensive (over 100 a pay check per family.)
Pros
Free foods, free unlimited coffee/teas, bonuses, quite a few incentives, only open till 1am so no night shifts
Cons
High rate for insurance premiums
terrible place to work unless you like to lie to customers
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB23 July 2018
worked there for 6 months after i was told i would not have to lie to people they asked me to not be honest with people when i refused i
was treated very unacceptably and shortly terminated there after.
ok spont
Internal Support Group- Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB27 June 2018
good pay
management issues
if you go to work, and work hard, you will be rewarded.
angry customers
no benefits
fun people to work with
just work hard
Pros
good hours
Cons
angry customerw
Terrible
Customer rep (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB10 June 2018
Xplornet pays well, But other then that its a terrible place to work. they expect you to keep a 80% save rate on there customers by throwing money at them, the service they provide is poor, and the amount of uncertainty, and back and forth that your told is foolish,
one manager tells you how it should be done, then another tells you that way is wrong, Customers are told something from other employees to get them off the phone, when they call back in a week or two later, its something we cant do. "But the last Agent said they could," Tells customers that the new Tech coming is only for old customers that have shown they were sticking with us, but when the tech comes out the New sign ups are getting Priority on that tech
5 Star Company to work for!
Iside Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, NB24 May 2018
I never went to work hating being there, enjoyed every minute of it. I work with great people and the work place is fun and engaging. I learned so much and plan to use the skills I learned in the future.
The extra activities such as brunches etc were fun
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB21 March 2018
This company is not fair with their pay rates you spend long hrs on the phones breaks are to the second if not back on time you are Rittenhouse up. Not a very good place to work
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hrs on phones
Good people but very stressful job and environment
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB20 February 2018
very busy day, good place to start if you want to learn wireless communications, management know about all the problems but will not listen to you only a few chosen ones speak to management, very stressful job most of the time you are just apologizing to the customers about the issues which are not your fault (i.e. internet speed issues caused by alot of customers on the same tower and management not doing anything about it willingly) and then you will be marked negatively if customer calls back for the same issue. you will be given warning if you get late for more than 2 mins and breaks and everything is monitored so you have to set timers and alarms if you are going to washroom during break. You get benefits like health insurance and overtime.
Pros
free lunches, bonus, gift cards
Cons
very stressful, very harsh on timings, very repetitive, pay does not increase even if you position and work changes.
Good ecperience of Customer support
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB9 October 2017
Every day you face different kind of customers who can be angry or frustrated which give you a chance to understand the need of each customer and it can boost your customer skills.
Work Enviroment
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB8 September 2017
It's nice place to work. Staff is great and really helpful. They always look out for each other and always atmosphere at work. They always give benefit to employees.
Fun but not family oriented.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB7 September 2017
I enjoyed working here. The only thing i did not enjoy is the fact that they are not family oriented. Being a single mom, I was unable to be there for my child when he was done school. I never saw him at night time and missed out on a lot of memorable moments. I was promised better hours and a wage increase after working so many months, however that never happened.
Great company to work for.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 September 2017
Great company to work for.
good salary.
good perks.
great benefits.
good location.
good bonuses and incentives provided to staff to increase drive and decrease call handling
Wisp
Customer Systems Engineer (CSE) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2017
With other companies IT is a necessity and a cost centre. In this organization you immediately add value through your work efforts.

As this is a small ISP you will be waring multiple hats. Which gives you exposure to the overall business.
Good pay and benefits, but the company sucks
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB8 August 2017
Xplornet Communications is an Internet Provider for customers. I worked as a Tech Agent answering phone calls from customers who had issues with our service. Our service sucks because the company oversells, and the company expects its employees to lie to customers about why the service is so bad. Again, the pay is good, the benefits are good, but everything else, sucks.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Unethical company policies
Productive workplace with incentives and room for advancement
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB7 July 2017
A typical day at work was handling incoming calls from customers who required technical support for their satellite internet and home phone services. Occasionally, when experiencing low volumes of calls in the Technical Support department, some were chosen to take billing and sales calls.
I didn't learn much, as I have been in a call centre environment dealing with these types of calls before and also work in quality assurance monitoring these types of calls, so I went in knowing a lot and besides learning about the products, there wasn't anything job or task specific that I didn't already know.
Management was great,always easily accessible and helpful.
The workplace culture was relaxed, though sometimes frantic, and my co-workers were great to work with. I found we were always able to help each other out and ask each other questions if ever needed without any hesitation.
The hardest part of the job was the juggling of day and night shifts. Half the week would be day shifts, half would be night. Overall it wasn't too bad but it was hard to stay on a good sleep schedule and be fully energized when the shifts turned over.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of helping customers out with problems they couldn't otherwise help themselves with, especially the really complicated technical issues. Sometimes there were incentives and little bonuses for quality of calls so that was a nice perk as well.
Pros
Satisfaction of helping others, incentives, great co-workers, in my wheelhouse as far as my skills are concerned
Cons
Juggling of day and night shifts with no time between turnovers
Great place to work!!
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, NB3 July 2017
Xplornet is an awesome place to work. Great pay, benefits and awesome management. Employees get treated really well. Managment is constantly showing their appreciation towards employees from free lunches, games/activities, prizes etc!
Pros
Great pay, good Managment, benefits
Cons
Night shift
good but work load is high
IP Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, NB2 July 2017
Xplornet Communications has a good work environment with good culture. Working in Network operations team would be sometimes stressful/challenging as it's growing.
Work Environment
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB22 June 2017
It was a really good experience, Team manager and all the support staff were really helpful. I learned a lot about the satellite and fixed wireless technology and troubleshooting the daily issues.
The environment is really professional and punctuality was among the top priority.
Friendly working environment
Technical support specialist (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB3 June 2017
Good support all the time and great place to learn new things. Also fast growing company. They keep upgrading their system to serve their customer needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Xplornet Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

Xplornet Communications Reviews by Location