Xplornet Communications Employee Reviews

The extra activities such as brunches etc were fun
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB21 March 2018
This company is not fair with their pay rates you spend long hrs on the phones breaks are to the second if not back on time you are Rittenhouse up. Not a very good place to work
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hrs on phones
Good ecperience of Customer support
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB9 October 2017
Every day you face different kind of customers who can be angry or frustrated which give you a chance to understand the need of each customer and it can boost your customer skills.
Work Enviroment
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB8 September 2017
It's nice place to work. Staff is great and really helpful. They always look out for each other and always atmosphere at work. They always give benefit to employees.
Fun but not family oriented.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB7 September 2017
I enjoyed working here. The only thing i did not enjoy is the fact that they are not family oriented. Being a single mom, I was unable to be there for my child when he was done school. I never saw him at night time and missed out on a lot of memorable moments. I was promised better hours and a wage increase after working so many months, however that never happened.
Great company to work for.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 September 2017
Great company to work for.
good salary.
good perks.
great benefits.
good location.
good bonuses and incentives provided to staff to increase drive and decrease call handling
Wisp
Customer Systems Engineer (CSE) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2017
With other companies IT is a necessity and a cost centre. In this organization you immediately add value through your work efforts.

As this is a small ISP you will be waring multiple hats. Which gives you exposure to the overall business.
Good pay and benefits, but the company sucks
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB8 August 2017
Xplornet Communications is an Internet Provider for customers. I worked as a Tech Agent answering phone calls from customers who had issues with our service. Our service sucks because the company oversells, and the company expects its employees to lie to customers about why the service is so bad. Again, the pay is good, the benefits are good, but everything else, sucks.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Unethical company policies
Productive workplace with incentives and room for advancement
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB7 July 2017
A typical day at work was handling incoming calls from customers who required technical support for their satellite internet and home phone services. Occasionally, when experiencing low volumes of calls in the Technical Support department, some were chosen to take billing and sales calls.
I didn't learn much, as I have been in a call centre environment dealing with these types of calls before and also work in quality assurance monitoring these types of calls, so I went in knowing a lot and besides learning about the products, there wasn't anything job or task specific that I didn't already know.
Management was great,always easily accessible and helpful.
The workplace culture was relaxed, though sometimes frantic, and my co-workers were great to work with. I found we were always able to help each other out and ask each other questions if ever needed without any hesitation.
The hardest part of the job was the juggling of day and night shifts. Half the week would be day shifts, half would be night. Overall it wasn't too bad but it was hard to stay on a good sleep schedule and be fully energized when the shifts turned over.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of helping customers out with problems they couldn't otherwise help themselves with, especially the really complicated technical issues. Sometimes there were incentives and little bonuses for quality of calls so that was a nice perk as well.
Pros
Satisfaction of helping others, incentives, great co-workers, in my wheelhouse as far as my skills are concerned
Cons
Juggling of day and night shifts with no time between turnovers
Great place to work!!
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, NB3 July 2017
Xplornet is an awesome place to work. Great pay, benefits and awesome management. Employees get treated really well. Managment is constantly showing their appreciation towards employees from free lunches, games/activities, prizes etc!
Pros
Great pay, good Managment, benefits
Cons
Night shift
good but work load is high
IP Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, NB2 July 2017
Xplornet Communications has a good work environment with good culture. Working in Network operations team would be sometimes stressful/challenging as it's growing.
Work Environment
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB22 June 2017
It was a really good experience, Team manager and all the support staff were really helpful. I learned a lot about the satellite and fixed wireless technology and troubleshooting the daily issues.
The environment is really professional and punctuality was among the top priority.
Friendly working environment
Technical support specialist (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB3 June 2017
Good support all the time and great place to learn new things. Also fast growing company. They keep upgrading their system to serve their customer needs.
Terrible place
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB25 May 2017
I worked at Xplornet in different rolls for a number of years. Shifts are terrible even after working there for 3 years. Management did not care about advancing you if you were good at your job.

They expected us to lie to our customers (stretch have the truth). Also expected us to lie and retain customers.

The work environment is dirty and at times disgusting.
Pros
Pay is good. Lots of overtime available
Cons
Shifts were bad and management doesn't care
Excellent management, Difficult Scheduling.
Amanda Charbonneau, Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB1 May 2017
Overall enjoyed my time at Xplornet. Really enjoyed working with the supervisors and managers, they upheld company policy very thoroughly, and promoted an atmosphere of friendliness and understanding in a very otherwise difficult work environment. It is a 24 hour customer service center, so the work scheduling can be very inconvenient if you hope to have any sort of life outside of work, and some of the policies around employee time management were overly strict and obstructive, though admittedly much better than most customer support centers. Overall not a bad place to work, lots of internal promoting if you're looking for a career.
Pros
In building, free access gym, free lunches and gift cards, friendly management.
Cons
You will get either the hours you want or the days you want off, but never both.
Good company to work for.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 April 2017
Overall Xplornet is a good company to work with. Managers are helpful and there for you. Lots of calls coming in but not enough agents to take the calls which created irate customers and made the calls harder to handle but with my experience made my job easier.Great pay and benefits.
Pros
Good incentives...gift cards, lunches.
Cons
Very hard on the metrics and QA
Slow place to work in the morning and at night
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE - BILINGUAL (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB23 March 2017
The company is 24hr, you are forced to work late at night (2h30 a.m.) especially if you are new to the company. Not much choice when it comes to schedule.

Hard mentally.
Pros
Salaries and Benefits
Cons
Schedule, Long Hours
satisfactory environment
System Support specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB30 December 2016
there is always kind of biasing towards employees and work related. Bonus starts only at higher level, that should change in good times. Work level attention should be more at all stages
A very productive, and positive environment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NB12 December 2016
Clean, open concept, positive, and helpful environment. One never felt any lesser than the other when it came to position titles. Everyone was friends with each other outside of work, and that made for better productivity levels.
Pros
Open Concept, Personal desks, Nice rec room
Its a company that takes care of their employee but who needs to expand its work force
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB2 December 2016
They are usually very generous and do recognize their employees for their hard work as a company. But it seems they are receiving a higher call volume then their current work force is able to handle to they need to expand more on that side.
Pros
Free meals, in house reward programs, good benefits
Cons
Some of the managers shouldn't be there, hard to get a shift with good hours, not enough employees for the volume they receive
Favortism often Portrayed
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB22 June 2016
The hardest part of my job is learning to deal with that those who are favored within the company receive all of the benefits and advancements within the company.
Most enjoyable part of my job is that I can work which ever shift I choose fits my schedule and all the overtime I choose to work.
Pros
Flexible Shifts
Cons
Favortism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Xplornet Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

Xplornet Communications Reviews by Location