XPERA Risk Mitigation and Investigation Employee Reviews

Do Not Bother / Stay Away
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 January 2019
Do not bother with this place the supervisors are a married couple that pick and choose who they like and dislike and team up together . They make up their own rules as they go after incidents occur and put blame on to you. Lack of training and expect you to know everything on your own and punish you when a mistake is made.No washrooms on most sites and you are not allowed to leave so your forced to hold it. Never guaranteed work so everyone is always picking up whatever scraps are available. The supervisors will never recognize the good work you do but let others get away with everything.If your ever in trouble your best to call 911 because noone will be there for backup. For a minimum wage paying job with everything involved it is not worth the risks .You can get paid the same wage doing any job with guaranteed hours and/or benefits
Pros
Meet some great friends
Bad management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 January 2019
They play favorites and run off good guards.
Don't work out of town if you have a family you will stay out there can be very long time upwards of a week to 10 or more straight with no days off.
Management says one thing and does another causing confusion and stress.
Most site don't have toilet facilities so they allow you to leave site. How do you maintain integrity of a site when you need to leave. It is against human rights to work a site like that.
They don't respect guards if it's hot they don't provide water or light uniform jacket.
They expect you to have data on your cell phone incase of emergency or to call them with issues and they don't even offer to pay a portion of your data plan.
If you smoke you won't be allowed to work certain sites which to me again is against rights.
They look great at first however you can see the mismanagement and lack of direction once there!
Pay issues happen as well... Many guards got shorted hours or didn't get a check for a 2 week period and they don't even try to rectify that at least give a cash advance or counter check.
I personally didn't get a check one time and I was forced to wait till the following payday to get it.
That made my check bigger then normal and got much more taxes taken off because of it.

DON'T WORK THERE IF YOU RESPECT YOURSELF OR WORKPLACE
Pros
You get to sit in work supplied vehicles on some sites
Cons
Out of town work, management lack of work sites
Don't bother
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 November 2018
Don't follow labour laws, incompetent management.
Regularly don't pay properly and have management has absolutely no idea how things work on the ground.
Stay away
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 September 2018
It is in your best interest to stay far far away from this dysfunctional company. They are trending downwards.
I have nothing positive to write. The leadership of this company is a mirage and employs below average investigators.
Great Place To Work
Private Investigator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2018
It is an amazing company that cares about their employees. They believe in open communication and feedback. Plenty of work and great people to work with.
Pros
Lots of Work
Cons
None that I can think of
Good company for career in investigations
Investigations Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 June 2018
Xpera is one of the few really professional investigation firms where you can actually have a career and not worry about getting your pay cheque because the company is managed in someone's kitchen.
Pros
Overtime and Benefits as well as equipment provided
Cons
High Performance standards.
I left voluntarily and will never recommend xpera to anyone whether employee or client. Not worth your effort or money!
Senior Investigator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2018
Worked as a senior investigator there for 2 yrs and they never increased my wages. No respect from managers who mostly think you should obey them like Gods, and the workload required after surveillance is ridiculous for what they pay for reporting, video dubbing etc.
excellent company
Private Investigator (Former Employee) –  everywhere5 October 2017
fantastic company never had any complaints! great staff at head office great supervisor always there to answer questions and to help out when I needed it!

collegues were amazing! always willing to give that extra
Pros
own hours
Cons
Worst company to work for
Senior Investigator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 December 2016
I worked at both companies that eventually formed this monstrosity of a business. I was treated like a dog and even overheard management call the investigators dogs. The corporate structure of the company is infected from top to bottom. Prior to the merger I was relieved of my position a month before Christmas with a toddler and newborn. I was relieved of my duties as senior investigator because I stood up to the morons who run that side show. The only people who are capable of sustaining a career in this company are spineless cowards who fear insignificant threats. Leaving this company was a blessing and I have flourished since myou departure. Xpera is a lame name as well. Lol
Cons
A good place to work with supportive managers and co-workers
recruiter (Current Employee) –  Canada2 November 2015
Quite fast-paced. the company is rapidly growing and I see it becoming the best among its peers within the industry. Management is progressive thinking.
Interesting job
Investigator-Risk Mitigation and Investigations (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 October 2015
There is no typical day at this job. Management at time, can be very unprofessional. But the most enjoyable part of the job is taking part in the different projects that come your way.
Productive and fun place to work
Administration Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto27 July 2015
Great place to work with supportive management team. Always willing to listen and assist in any way. Superior customer service provided to all clients.