Xpera Risk Mitigation & Investigation
Happiness score is 69 out of 100

Xpera Risk Mitigation & Investigation Employee Reviews

Canada52 reviews

teamhourmanagementcompanypayemployeedaytime

Worked there for a contract job - A lot of fun

I worked at Xpera during one of their projects and the culture was great! They didn't look over our shoulders and provided with a lot of free lunches or after-work celebrations. If you get an opportunity to work for a project at Xpera - would highly recommend.

Great work, even better people. All positive

Xpera is a great place to work! There was alot of travel, but the schedule was 2 weeks in advance, so I always knew where I would be. Pay was good, management was great!

Pros

Work/life balance

Insights into Xpera Risk Mitigation & Investigation

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Support from manager
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks

Great Company

Great Company to work for, lots of room for advancement. I have been there for several years and the management has been great with advancement and pay raises.

Other opportunities

I felt that the company did not fairly compensate for my time. The investigator conducts surveillance, writes a report, edits video and updates the client. What role does the manager fill? Why are they being paid a portion of our salary?

Fun

It was a great place to start as an agency nurse. Learned a lot about how it all works. Steady pace of assignments. No shortage of overtime shifts. I would go back

Pros

Accommodations

Cons

Away from home

A great place to work

A great company to work and very friendly management. The company does several exciting projects and is a wonderful experience being part of such dynamic projects. Overall, working with Xpera is satisfying and rewarding.

A Caring and Enjoyable Work Environment

Everyone within the office is friendly, understanding, and helpful. Xpera truly has one of the best teams I have ever had the pleasure of being apart of.While training, there were no shortage of helping hands to explain how to complete tasks effectively and how those tasks contribute to the bigger picture. Furthermore, following basic training, co-workers (and even management) are still willing to engage in open dialogue over any confusion when it comes to assignments and how to complete them properly. The amazing collaboration at Xpera is above and beyond what I have experienced anywhere else, and provides an extremely conducive learning environment to all of its employees.Furthermore, management has always been very understanding and flexible when it comes appointments and commitments (even with short-notice). Management has also been very flexible and caring when it comes to commuting to work and has allowed for employees to work from home on days where the weather is exceptionally bad.Lastly, I have found Xpera to be extremely rewarding to those who demonstrate themselves to be hard workers, with perks like the occasionally working from home, free lunches or sweet treats, and more!

You get what you give

The best career decision I have ever made was in choosing Xpera. There was a steep learning curve with this position but through thorough coaching and teamwork, my training was a breeze. I attribute much of my professional growth and success to my direct management and team members as I have learned so much in my time here. The workplace is relaxed but busy and everyone is very welcoming and friendly. No two days are ever alike, which is one of my favourite things about working here. For the first time in a long time I come to work feeling excited and challenged rather than bored and static. Management is very flexible with our time. If we have appointments or commitments during work hours, we have the flexibility to work around them so long as we are able to meet deadlines and business is not affected. Work/life balance is an adjustment as there is a requirement to be available outside of the regular 9-5, as needed. Because our core business is emergency response, there is no way to predict what may be coming through the pipeline or when. Management is happy to compensate for the time required to meet business needs, within reason. This does mean that I am periodically checking/responding to emails and phone calls on evenings and weekends, but this does not take much time away from what I am otherwise doing outside of work. I have the flexibility to prioritize my tasks and only respond to urgent requests outside of business hours, which are not all too often (on average, less than 1hr per week). Employees who demonstrate a willingness to learn, a consistent reliability -

A Senior investigators experience

Capped pay structor with rising inflation costs, work almost every weekend and stat holiday. No work life balance whatsoever, management on top could care less about your concerns . Rising gas prices and mileage reimbursement is the same. This company is becoming more of a joke each passing day, save yourself some time and go find a job elsewhere. These big companies do not care about your advancement, only false promises all around.

Best in the business

Xpera is the place to be for anyone looking for a rewarding career in private investigations. The variety of work and clients provides ample opportunities to learn a wide range of investigative skills. They are not just a surveillance company. Expectations with regards to quality work are high but the support from management is excellent to help you achieve your goals. There is opportunity for O/T, along with full benefits, RRSP matching, paid cell phones and equipment and employee referral bonuses. A true industry leader!

Awful

Truly awful. There was no work life balance whatsoever. If you choose not to work outside of work hours, you get in trouble. Severely underpaid for the amount of work you're expected to do. Management is very absent, especially when you raise concerns. Job culture is very toxic

Great team spirit

The best part about the job is the collaborative efforts. Feels great to be part of a great team. The work is interesting and diverse. From surveillance to under cover work to SIU to research to Intellectual Property and more. Lots of work available.

Pros

Busy with plenty of work

Cons

Can get too busy at times

Interesting Work

Likely the best private investigations company in Canada. I've worked at other PI companies that were not as modern and organized. They have ample resources therefore you do not need to cut corners to get your job done. You are supported with the technology and expertise to get your job done properly. The starting wage is not the best but if you prove yourself you can expect pay raises over time (if you ask). Great place to learn as no two days are same. Also lots of different types clients, not just insurance.

Pros

Relaxed environment, Interesting work, No day is the same, OT Opportunity, Decent technology, Paid sick days

Cons

Hourly work, no work = no pay, Underpaid to start, No paid vacation days

Challenging and rewarding

5 years in and still enjoying the challenging and rewarding work. Every assignment is different and the team environment is great.Looking forward to the next 5 years!

Pros

Great people to work with, always busy, constantly learning and challenged.

Cons

Always busy

A rewarding career with a great company.

Xpera is a great place to work. It is a company that values its people and helps them succeed. Xpera provides superior quality and service to its clients. Great work life balance with an emphasis on team work and a team atmosphere. It's not just a job here it is a career and are made to feel part of the family. I appreciate that managers take the time to listen. They take the time to train in-depth to help you succeed. Overall a great place to work!

You Wish to Die?

Nobody cares if you go missing for days unless it is to give you trouble for not being available when THEY want you. No steady hours and do or die mentality does not do anything but cause anxiety and heart problems.No work for weeks on end? Don't worry they will forget about you. What? You want to apply to EI?? Hahaha!

Horrible company to work for, very unethical.

Toxic atmosphere, incompetent management and staff. There is a reason why they are always hiring, and it is not because business is booming, it is because of the high turnover rate once employees realize what's going on and quit.

Pros

Cons

Take your pick, everything pretty much.

Extremely toxic work environment

Management is quite possibly the worst on the business. Pay is okay. There is zero culture, zero work to life balance and they expect you to work for free in many situations. Stay clear of Xpera.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Fast-paced, friendly, you get what you put in.

If you're willing to do the work, management is willing to teach you. Lots of overtime, with great starting pay. Team environment has been great since the day I started, everyone works together, and we all get along.

Pros

Overtime, good pay, great work environment.

Cons

Long hours, early start times.

Avoid.

Avoid at all costs. This is a large corporation and you are meaningless to upper management. There is little room for advancement. The company is constantly unsupportive and management lacks any concern for employee well being.

Pros

Paycheck

Cons

At all the places Xperia put me at to work. I met a lot of nice people along the way

Xperia was an agency where they found work for you . I worked at many nursing homes and living centres And I enjoyed working at every place they found

Pros

The pay is very good

Cons

I found that sometimes it was hard to communicate with them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Xpera Risk Mitigation & Investigation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement