Xpera Risk Mitigation & Investigation

Xpera Risk Mitigation & Investigation Employee Reviews

Canada31 reviews
It’s a good experience to work with Xpera. Management is good which take care of employees. 12 hour shifts are good to work in group. Responsive management and caring.
Pros
Active
Cons
And be vigilant
Made lots of OT but management and overall culture is severely lacking. Met some good people but overall few were willing to mentor. Main benefit is $$$ and decent healthcare package, so good bridge experience into industry but personally not something long-term.
Poor management
Lies about contract

Lies about benefits

They lost our contract and knew for months but only give us 2 hour notice while I was on shift...

No EI possible as they didn't sign Lay offs
If I have a concern I don't feel judged for asking what some may consider a simple or dumb question. Everyone works together and helps each other without hesitation. Very fun while also serious and safe.
Pros
Very welcoming, helpful, feels like a family
No to minimal advancement opportunities. Abusive management and toxic company culture at many levels. Near Minimum wage while risking your life on the job with no regards for your safety. Atrocious attrition rate. Dishonest with clients and employees. Breaks laws frequently. Payroll deducts from your pay and you will have issues with your pay. Will keep your wage lower so the management can get paid more. Hardest part of the job was stress management, workplace hazards and lack of support from engagement. Never work here.
Pros
You get a pay cheque
Cons
Upper and lower Management, Pay salary, Hours, payroll, Everything
Before working for Xpera, I was approaching 40 and working in an unfulfilling career. After researching the job of a Private Investigator and Xpera, I targeted this company for employment because of its footprint and reputation in the industry. From my experience over the last two years at Xpera, I am confident in the company’s commitment to dedicated employees and management’s willingness to reward hard work. The job requires independent work most of the time and management allows us the autonomy to complete the job while always being readily available for support and guidance when needed. I may not fit the typical mold for a Private Investigator starting out (a female in her 40’s), but the job itself and working for Xpera are rewarding and I have never regretted making the career change.
Overall good company to work for thus far. Hired as casual/part time. Administrative support is very good in terms of equipment, pay, and overall assistance. Orientation to the company was satisfactory. In terms of training towards company procedures and policies, could be improved if an employee was to be assigned to guide new employees more thoroughly.
I have worked at Xpera Risk Mitigation & Investigation for over 1.5 years. The most enjoyable aspects of my role are that there is constant opportunity for learning, there is a great deal of support from senior leadership, there are collaborative and interactive components, the role varies from being fast-paced to steady, there are opportunities for overtime work during specific seasons and the company culture is great.
My work with Xpera has been an incredible rollercoaster. In the beginning, there was so much to learn to become an effective surveillance investigator. There's such a variety of challenges day to day, and while it does get far easier with time and experience, those challenges never really go away.

My work experiences with Xpera have presented me with a great deal of different opportunities; often working alone, but also working in small teams, and even working in operations support and background investigations. I've been doing this work now for five years. I want to make a lengthy career of it. I like who I work with, and I like the high level of Independence I'm provided to get a job done and to work through the challenges. There can be a real sense of accomplishment that comes from this work; however, it's definitely not for everyone. But if you're intuitive, enjoy solving problems, and like to work outside of an office and often in new places every week, this could be the job for you.
As an investigator we work almost exclusively for the insurance sector investigating insurance fraud. A typical day is spent sitting in a vehicle, recording a claimants activities, to provide evidence used by the insurance companies to help them determine if a claim is valid. It's not an easy job and it has many challenges, including extremes of temperatures when sitting in a vehicle all day. These activities would apply regardless of the employer. However with Xpera, support from management is excellent all the way up the ladder. Equipment is provided, (laptop and Sony camera), and as you might expect of a large international company, we get a benefit scheme, RRSP matching, proper HR and professional IT support. Area managers are hard worked and do a great job - the support is always there. Xpera is the first company I have worked for that offers all of this. What really counts though, is the people! My manager and the support team are second to none. Trust is big for me and I feel trusted - what a welcome change from my previous companies!
Large company with tons of opportunity to further your career. Great leadership and a challenging workload to keep you engaged. Industry leader in file volume, OT and benefits.
other then odd hours at times it;s really good. Odd hours make it so you cannot plan your day out a certain way ahead of time. The pay is really good aswell.
Company Excellent general reputation, training programs
Company culture and values

Company growth/success

Excellent Team work, always care of his employees, good management and lot of learning.

Excellent salaries.
I was an Intern but my co-workers were always willing to help me grow as a professional
Good communications and good relation with the manager and staff members.
Working at Xpera and ESM has been a rewarding career. The management is supportive and encourages growth among the employees. They also ensure that everyone has a work/life balance and are supportive of those who choose to serve in the Canadian Forces and work for Xpera at the same time.

Would highly recommend employment with Xpera/ ESM
Pros
Supportive, Growth, Work/Life Balance/ Benefits
Do not bother with this place the supervisors are a married couple that pick and choose who they like and dislike and team up together . They make up their own rules as they go after incidents occur and put blame on to you. Lack of training and expect you to know everything on your own and punish you when a mistake is made.No washrooms on most sites and you are not allowed to leave so your forced to hold it. Never guaranteed work so everyone is always picking up whatever scraps are available. The supervisors will never recognize the good work you do but let others get away with everything.If your ever in trouble your best to call 911 because noone will be there for backup. For a minimum wage paying job with everything involved it is not worth the risks .You can get paid the same wage doing any job with guaranteed hours and/or benefits
Pros
Meet some great friends
They play favorites and run off good guards.
Don't work out of town if you have a family you will stay out there can be very long time upwards of a week to 10 or more straight with no days off.

Management says one thing and does another causing confusion and stress.

Most site don't have toilet facilities so they allow you to leave site. How do you maintain integrity of a site when you need to leave. It is against human rights to work a site like that.

They don't respect guards if it's hot they don't provide water or light uniform jacket.

They expect you to have data on your cell phone incase of emergency or to call them with issues and they don't even offer to pay a portion of your data plan.

If you smoke you won't be allowed to work certain sites which to me again is against rights.

They look great at first however you can see the mismanagement and lack of direction once there!

Pay issues happen as well... Many guards got shorted hours or didn't get a check for a 2 week period and they don't even try to rectify that at least give a cash advance or counter check.

I personally didn't get a check one time and I was forced to wait till the following payday to get it.

That made my check bigger then normal and got much more taxes taken off because of it.

DON'T WORK THERE IF YOU RESPECT YOURSELF OR WORKPLACE
Pros
You get to sit in work supplied vehicles on some sites
Cons
Out of town work, management lack of work sites
Don't follow labour laws, incompetent management.
Regularly don't pay properly and have management has absolutely no idea how things work on the ground.
It is in your best interest to stay far far away from this dysfunctional company. They are trending downwards.
I have nothing positive to write. The leadership of this company is a mirage and employs below average investigators.
Cons
It is an amazing company that cares about their employees. They believe in open communication and feedback. Plenty of work and great people to work with.
Pros
Lots of Work
Cons
None that I can think of
Xpera is one of the few really professional investigation firms where you can actually have a career and not worry about getting your pay cheque because the company is managed in someone's kitchen.
Pros
Overtime and Benefits as well as equipment provided
Cons
High Performance standards.