Xerox Employee Reviews

Canada436 reviews
CONSULTING/CONTRACTOR.
At the time I got the Role, it was a highly demanding job from beginning to completion.

Contacting Clients.to.supply training to their staff and.so on important complete functionalities of the machines. Some were not even aware of what it offered. Working timinings and schedules around each corporation and train8ng groups
Pros
Enlightening
Cons
Huge groups and individual Management training with indepth manual traini g in simplistic ways
Culture is pretty relaxed, but everything is disorganized, from the layout of the workplace to the calls you take. There isn't much guidance aside from just asking coworkers. An absolutely unreal list of processes and little information on other groups within the company.

Xerox only hires contractors so there is no job security and few benefits until you are hired directly, could be months or years.

Had numerous tech issues that took forever to fix and affected my being able to do my job, that could have been fixed easily and quickly if not for bloated IT processes.

Can book days off anytime which is a bonus. Still business casual dress code.
Pros
Good culture, Independent work
Cons
Disorganized, Tech issues, Job security
They only want more and more out of their employees , doesn't matter that customers are tired of hearing the same old do this do that. when you place a service call you get dinged in your stats and threatened to be let go. Software systems you use are very unstable, constant crashes or slow downs.
Pros
not much to say
Cons
not much to say
Great management. Cool environment to work. Work life balance was very good. Learning was very good. overall great experience in xerox corporation.Worke in middileware application development
The management always has you spying on other employees and you are told to report any and all behaviors and the manager is one sided and picks his favorite people to do his dirty work and has a tendency to lie a lot.
Pros
Some Fellow employees were great
Cons
Management and manager
The entire engineering and support staff have been outsourced in the last year. There is no job security for anyone. They no longer ever actually hire anyone, they leave all people they bring in as contract workers forever, always a promise of "As soon as we lift the hiring freeze you will be in the first to be converted". And that has been going on for about 5 years.
The people in charge are so far removed from the workers that decisions are made without knowledge. They don't pay enough and as a result people who have been working there for a long time are forced to often work extra with few benefits for doing so.
I've enjoyed working at Xerox Canada for many years, never boring, learned many faucet of the job, fast paced it made the day fly away. Made lifelong friends while working for Xerox. I'd return in a heartbeat! But the Company downsized considerably.
I worked at Xerox for almost 21 years (one year as contractor) . The work environment was exceptional for the first 10 years or so. Over the years it sometimes became difficult to keep up to the work, which could make it stressful sometimes. But over all it was a pleasant work environment. I enjoyed my years there. My position was outsourced to India or I would have stayed there until retirement.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Xerox?
I would say it is a job for the person who loves solving technical issues with printers. They will teach you everything and always help to get started. If you love it then go, work schedule was sliding and I could not work because I have kids at school!
This company does not value their employees. The management climbed up the ladder not by experience but by who they know. This culture makes for a stressful and depressing vibe in the office. You are not valued for your skills but unskilled people will get recognized.
Pros
Our customers treat us better than Xerox does.
Cons
No perks.
Targets, targets, targets! Lots of driving, lots of stress and lots of running to keep the target of 4 good calls (fixed issues and no call back from the same customer in a month) and there are lots of issues with Xerox copiers and printers including no spare parts! Not worth it! There are better jobs out there!
The title explains it. Do not waste your time trying to get a job here. If you are a butt kisser go for it cause that's the ONLY way you will go anywhere there. Stressful environment and they throw you to the wolves. Expected to know stuff and keep your stats up without the proper training.
Working at Xerox is good. Great technology to learn from. Fast paced and stressful but fulfilling work if you are the diligent type. Great work culture with good management and teamwork.
Collaborative, high energy workplace. The management team are tenured staff ansd good at what they do. This is a well managed and professional workpace.
I started working in an office base career with a basic knowledge of computer work. I could improve my tasks by getting help from my supervisor in a short time and do my job with minor supervision.
The management are great and are willing to help. It can be stressful and very rewarding.

The training they provide is very helpful.

We are one big family and we all work as a team.
Friendly atmosphere.

Opportunity to career development.

Grate Pension Plan

I work as Customer support Professional

Customer satisfaction is one of the main area we focus.
Xerox has been undergoing major restructuring and they have many employees without job security and contract employees. It is still valuable work experience and offers a good entry into the job market however, limited future career potential. People are nice but times are very challenging, therefore it's better to be very careful with what you say. Overall priority is to keep your job rather than make progress and succeed.
Xerox hires a lot of contractors with the promise of hiring them on as employee's. Promises are rarely kept. Some of the management is great, others it is a boys club.