Xerox

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Great at the start but went downhill over the years.

The first couple years were excellent! Great management, environment, opportunity, and people. As the years went on it became more about the bottom line and less about the people. Everything else went downhill.

Good place to work and grow

Xerox has been around forever. They are an established company and I felt lucky to get in with them when I did. Through the years they have had to struggle with recessions, pandemics, etc. But I think they've done their best and I enjoy working for them. Some might say the service side is too hard, but I don't think they had what it takes. I find it satisfying to work through a challenge to the end and see the customer's gratitude when I fix their device. You get to feel like you choose how to work, not being told how. Sure they've got metrics, so does everyone now. But getting to a few calls a day and trying to fix it the first time isn't exactly hard.

Pros

Feel like I'm in charge of my own career

Cons

Pay isn't very competitive anymore

The Xerox staff will not help when it's not there job the full time staff are not friendly

The Xerox staff will not help when it's not there job and will not pick up a piece of paper that could be dangerous to others and the atmosphere is toxic and uncomfortable

Pros

Cons

Lazy staff

Expectations ridiculous, management plays favourites, after hours work no pay, travel on your time no pay etc….

The best part is the training . Other than that don’t expect today last if you won’t play their game . First time fix and number of printers a day seen don’t jive , used parts usually broken or wrong and takes 2 weeks to 2 months to get , pressure to get 1st time fix under that condition, vans filled with useless parts based on your usage but if you do both office and A4 then your loaded , audits are a joke . Management doesn’t help they look for reasons to write you up and pressure you more . Tech help line is not even in the country and read off a manual with no real experience. Everything done out of van used as a warehouse that you are responsible for and have no say . There is way more but I think you get the idea . Good luck if you join , only way you last is if you play the cheat ,lie , steal, game . Learn the %s and play it by any means necessary and you will be hailed as a top performer.

Pros

Training

Cons

Everything else the job offers

Toxic environment

They will lie, cheat and manipulate you. They will work you into the ground. There are no raises. Management ignores labour laws, and if you raise concerns, they will find a way to get rid of you.

Pros

Cons

Management does not care about employees

High stress, low pay and no job security

Began job back in 1999 replacing a technician who had a heart attack and the same week a technician shot a bunch of former employees (do a google search for details) in Hawaii. Not surprised high stress, numbers numbers numbers no problem if you work on your own time past your shift but dare not take too long at lunch or bathroom break. Low pay, tell you do this and that maybe you get 'hired in' someday in the distant future. Then just let you go if they need to free up some 'cash' to meet an accountants 'numbers' company is no good. Maybe if you do sales or other work could be a career but if you are new trying to get into the industry as an electronics technician, this is a 'WASTE OF TIME' look elsewhere!

Pros

No pros now, was good before micromanagement of technicians parts/time

Cons

Pressure for 'numbers' dont care about client, or employee just want excel sheets to look good

It’s a job

Management does not care for employees, they treat you like a number and worse than garbage. Don’t get me wrong I loved what I did and most staff great to work with. Just watch your back because management does not have it. Get the experience and get out.

Pros

Paycheck

Cons

Everything else

Not a place I would recommend

You will never get your work done. They keep it constantly understaffed so you’re running constantly and never have a chance to catch up. Calls are coming in faster than you can get to them and the only advice from management was…you should learn to golf. (??? ) No support there. And I was the fastest tech they had. They throw “peanuts” like “customer service awards” around when they know you are being worked to exhaustion. So, as much as I appreciated the nice awards…it fell flat. And instead of hiring direct to their company, they take every opportunity to hire through a staffing agency so they can give you no benefits, and keep your pay low and work you like a rented mule. If you manage to smooze your overlords or complain loudly enough, you might get actually hired on under the company name. The laziest ones got this privilege. The rest got to work their tails off until they decided to quit. Which I did. I made less there than I did delivering pizza. Moved on to work in tech sector for major media outlet for a significant pay raise. I had the skills but they don’t value that there, they only value being willing to golf with the boss….apparently.

Pros

Big name, looks good on resume

Cons

Everything else

Terrible place to work

A joke is the best way to describe working there . If your good at it do not go there! They reward only those who can play their numbers game and not the actual work . They use analytics to threaten your job not as the tool it was meant to be . They want 1st time fixes but give you garbage parts and no time to do the complete check as intended and trained to do . Those who cut corners , lie and play the numbers and % game get noticed as the best when in reality they are the worst . The real technicians have to go in and fix the machines taking twice the time because the client is upset about the poor service prior . Excuses from management for them because it makes them look good so they get their bonuses ! The only good thing about their was the training received.

Pros

Great training nothing else

Cons

Way too many to list, poor management, ridiculous analytics, part management crazy, time management vs time allowed before hurting scores stupid, and so on ....

Poor management and wage

Would not recommend working for xerox unless you want no social life, unfairly paid wage, managers who do not care about you and do not help at all, and a daycare environment. We went through 4 managers in a three month period. The supervisor i had did not help us at all and only told us to refer to our books we had been given during training, whilst she chatted with her best friend who was placed beside her during our cubicle change. Wage was awful and not fair. People were very stingy and not helpful at all, terrible experience.

Pros

Good people

Cons

Terrible scheduling and biased managers

Voir plus bas

Pas trop de pression de la direction, bonne ambiance de travail cependant il n’y a aucune augmentation de salaire même pas d’échelle de salaire en place...vous aller rester au même salaire que vous serez engagé sois 20$/hr. Une voiture de fonction est fournis avec assurance médicament et dentaire.La direction ont pris la décision de retirer les réer des employés pour 2021 ce qui vous donne une idée du respect pour leur employés...

Pros

Liberté, voiture fournis, bonne assurances, cell fournis

Cons

Salaire, avancement, redondance

Good work environment

Xerox is a wonderful work environment the only downside is they do not pay a good wage. Benefits are great, most of the managers are great, the pay is way too low and no increases in pay.

Pros

Excellent work environment

Cons

Poor pay

Company is Going Downhill

Do not count on this company being loyal to you despite what they claim as being voted this or being voted that. Get ready to work very long hours and do the job of 2 to 3 people for the price of 1. Raises are only given to the executive level employees. All other employees are told there are no raises. But then you will see all those job postings going up? They contradict their words with their actions. Not what it used to be. Very cut throat environment that will work you to the bone and expect you to never say anything about raises, etc. This company only cares about executive level employees.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

See above

Good company

I enjoyed my employment with xerox . I loved the education tgey provide for the field service technicians. The base salary is not great as its the same across the country. Some areas the salary is not enough to live .

Pros

Being outdoors, always seeibg different places

Cons

Wage too low

Unrealistic expectations from management

The agency I currently work for has a topheavy management structure which forces a poor compensation plan. Meetings are often scheduled last minute, customers are not the focus

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Unrealistic expectations

Strssful, overworked and underpaid

Too much expected for too little pay. Trying to secure a pay increase is next to impossible, however, they expect you to continually take on more responsibility.

Pros

Remote work

Cons

Poor management

Just Awful

Very disappointed..Xerox used to have a very reputable name.. 95% of employees are thru contracts... Highly do Not recommend...Segregation of Xerox employees and contracted employees

Times are changing

I started Xerox in 2003 until 2015. I have had the following positions worked as a CRS, OSSP, TSR3 and Software Analyst. When I started at Xerox I was just and young buck that had a huge interest in technology but did not have any certifications. Xerox gave me the confidence and resources that I needed to advance my professional development. At the height of my career, I was flying everywhere in Canada and the USA for training. They really made you fell like you were important to them. Then 2008 hit… IMO they never really recovered from it… The competition is real, and they have not been able to capitalize on their technology patens. I still believe it is a great place to work. I have had previous jobs that was horrible I mean horrible. Xerox treats their employees fairly. I no longer work there because I received a job offer in 2015 and still work there. However, I miss the old gang in SJ and will forever be grateful to Xerox for believing in me and giving me the opportunity to grow. I have had many managers and they were all super great. For the current or new employees, the opportunity to grow may be smaller than before but it is still there. Take all the courses / assignment that you can and invest in your professional portfolio by showing that you are eager to learn and work. It will be hard. If it was easy everyone would be rich. Be prepared to make sacrifices (I know I made many, but they were all worth it). Do not get on the negative train. That train only have one destination.

Pros

Learning/ Training/Benefits

Cons

Low pay for what you do

Worse career choice of my life..

Low paying. Broken promises.Company is falling apart. Benifits have to pay for.. Nothing to look forward to when you retire. Move on to a better company that wants to take care of you.

Pros

If your looking for abuse, you've found it.

Cons

Believing That you will be taken care of if you go above and beyond.

Fun company

Good people, fast pacedCommission means you can never let up, so burn out is high. Covid was a major impact, so too are other illneses (eg kids getting sick) you need to be “non” all the time. You let up, you don’t get paid“A” type personalities thrive.Great training

Pros

Good training and process

Cons

Commission salary severely limited by Covid.

Soulless

Management is phoning it in. They do not set you up for success. Training is poor and expectations are high. Little to no feedback is given. The company believes that all you need is their manual to repair the equipment. This philosophy doesn't work. They recently offshored technical support to India, and have no experts for you to work with. They talk about "team", but this is a job where you're on your own. Nobody cares about you, OR the customer. Managers only care about covering their own behinds. Salary is less than industry average.

Pros

autonomy

Cons

Abusive management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Xerox. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9