Xero

Xero Employee Reviews

Enjoyed the culture as my workplace and got to learn many new shortcuts with other software packages which were integrated with XERO
We had to use Zoho to reimburse employees expenses and xero is easy to use conversation tables from one program to another.
If you're the type that loves "office culture" then this might be the place for you. Young leadership can lend to under-managed development and feedback opportunities, but it's growing its legs and will be a great company to work for in the US.
Great work culture. Approachable management. Motivating team leaders. Creative minds and liberty for innovation on campaign execution. Autonomous working environment.
Xero has some great policies and company culture. It is young and vibrant, with lots of interesting and talented people. The work is interesting as well. Xero is growing fast and thus there have been several changes. Change can be good or bad. Either way, it is usually difficult, even if needed. I would work there again in a second.
Xero is a company with humanity and beautiful. It is a work/life balanced environment. The manager is pretty nice and honest with beautiful heart to help the employee growing.
The atmosphere at Xero was always amazing the culture was great we had so many benefits.

I felt comfortable to always be myself and to embrace it.

We worked under pressure most of the times but this was good it helped me reach my goals for the day.
A place that does not walk the talk...but it's a pleasant enough environment, for about a month...
For all the hype about a progressive management culture where you can "do your best work", don't plan on making any quick internal moves if you go in on the C/X team as you're expected to serve for at LEAST 12 months handling cases that come in via Salesforce.

Management has ambitious goals to take share from Quickbooks, but the reporting and management analysis capabilities provided by the software are not strong enough to make those ambitious goals possible with their CPA (small & mid-tier & even some LARGE) firm target market.

They're pushing a product that's not quite ready for prime-time but the youngsters that are leading the US charge have their hearts in the right place, even if they're chasing an established competitor that has decades of market experience and a head-start that's going to be challenging to overcome, especially with a system that gets data INTO the system elegantly, but doesn't output the data elegantly enough to be a serious contender for professionals that need to demonstrate value-added capabilities to their clients, if they want to use this platform.
Pros
Free breakfast & lunch once a week, ping pong table
Cons
Inexperienced management, product could not deliver on lofty goals
Official response from Xero
5 June 2019
Thank you for sharing your experience working with Xero. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where employees are encouraged to take ownership of their work and grow within the company if that is their goal. We certainly see a great deal of our CX team members grow into other positions throughout the company. We are upfront in the recruitment process both in the work that CX does in supporting and delighting our customers, and that we ask for a 12 month commitment due to the level of training involved in this role. The customer and product knowledge gained in CX work is often instrumental to people's growth throughout the company. We will continue to evaluate the 12 month commitment and ensure it is adding value to our employee experience and business goals. As well, Xero's mission continues to remain focused on our commitment to accountants, bookkeepers and small businesses in providing them with the best technology available. We certainly are passionate about that. Thank you again for your review.

-Brigitte, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Great work environment which is relaxed and flexible. Great people to work with. SF office has a great view of the Bay Bridge. Some teams are more collaborative than others. Everyone gets along and coworkers quickly become friends. Fast paces at times and some low-peak times. Fun and great conferences that are put together.
Pros
people, flexibility, culture, happy hours
Cons
gap between US and global teams, RSUs in Australia, US market is often forgotten, HQ in New Zealand
Great benefits and very much about showing that they care for making the work place a fun place to be. However I didn't believe in the product and not being able to give customers relevant advice on laws didn't sit well with my experience I hold. Not the job for me.
Pros
free soft drinks, snacks, alcohol on a Friday, retail discounts
Cons
Hidden targets, not for someone with experience
This is probably the most exciting company to work for if you want to be in the accounting or financial industry. Casual work environment and lots of cool stuff. However, it's a company that is certainly having issues growing here in the United States. It seems that the company is still incredibly focused on providing direction from New Zealand, which makes things a little difficult in the U.S. Almost all of the major players in the company are from New Zealand and Australia and it seems as if the U.S. is not a priority. Even the expense reports have to get approved in New Zealand!

However, the company culture is very inviting and everyone is friendly. The average age of the employees here is probably in the late 20s, so be careful if you're out of that age range. The company is still creating and trying to define roles, which means some people may have tons to do, while others are not that busy. There were times when I was so bored I had to ask for more work to keep busy.

If you're hired in other parts of the country, chances are you will get a company Mini-Cooper to drive. This only seems fair as the pay is much lower than similar jobs in this and other industries so it's a nice perk.

Benefits are good here, including medical, dental and other health programs. Overall, I had a positive experience here.
Pros
Good office culrture
Cons
Lower than average pay
Overall good company, makes lots of changes rather frequently which result in a lot of organizational moves. Company is based in New Zealand so that's where all the big wigs are, including the board of directors and product team etc.
I loved working here I wish I could have been permanently employed here. The desk and working stations were completely adjustable and customizable, It was made clear that every needed we had available to us we only need to ask or inquire to the I.T. department.
Pros
Great work environment
Good place to work. Need some better solutions in partner channel. Great team. Good product, product will be great. Getting better. I would still recommend working here. Better than all the competition. Bis player in the tech space globally
Pros
Great team and work life balance
Cons
Encouraged to sell Empty "shell|" accounts in partner
Management is completely inept. Totally lacking in direction, leadership ability, and communication skills. The company may be successful and great outside of the US, but are destined to fail stateside.
I enjoyed working for the company I resigned due to a high risk pregnancy, they had several incentive programs and also always fun during holidays! People were easy to get along with.
Fun overall but not as much in Denver. Management will make a break a team and unfortunately it wasn't the best. The people that work there are amazing and very dedicated to making the place successful.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
disconnected from San Francisco
I joined the US team in 2012 as Xero was launching in the United States. It was a tremendous experiences tha provided the opportunity to interface with nearly every part of the business and to work with talented teammates across the globe.

The hardest part of the job was probably competing the in US market against some very entrenched competitors. While Xero has a great product, the accounting industry is incredibly inert - especially in the US as opposed to the company's other markets. This was the source of some friction as the US market and customer base is growing a little more slowly than some had expected. Nonetheless, progress is being made and I expect to see the company continue to grow and become a major player in the US market.
Pros
Great office, great people, chance to visit other offices around the world
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities
Good place to work, atmosphere is wonderful. They are growing fast! They are located all over the world and what they do is great.
Taking calls helping with the ssa
that people get made when they dont have there money on time

management was crazy

trying to make the cunsomer happy
I have worked for Xero since October of 2013. This is the only company I have worked for that actually does care about thier employees work/home balance and really does want to keep you for the long haul. The excellent benefits, pay, and epic culture here are second to none. A employee would be hard pressed to find another company that would be a better place to work. The management takes a driven from the top down approach to seeing to it the culture and environment instills a feeling of pride and wanting to come in everyday and really feel as though you are member of the team and a person not a drone. There is also a incredible opportunity for career growth here. I cant say enough good things about Xero.
Pros
Benefits, free snacks, sodas, etc in the break room. Benefits, pay, culture, long term career.
Cons
None that I can think of.
Working at Xero has been a life altering experience. After working at many tech companies prior and larger corporations, Xero has been the place I have been looking for. I spend my time each day working on innovative and creative solutions to help accounting professionals and small businesses. I am surrounded by the best and the brightest and work closely as part of a truly global team. Our counterparts in AUS and NZ help us to realize that we must always work and play hard. Politics and slow decision-making are almost non-existent. A lot of places talk about being fun...and it is truly a pleasure to come into work. Is it easy? No. Small businesses don't have it easy and we want to support them and help them be successful. That means that you have to truly understand, appreciate and support them day in and day out. However, you can truly see the difference that the products and our efforts make - and you are truly part of a team that brings it all together and cares. It is really a pleasure to be a part of something significant, impactful and special. It is amazing how far we have come and how much further we can and will go.
Pros
Culture, opportunity, work environment and talent
Cons
My commute to San Francisco (but that is my issue)