Wynn Fitness Clubs

Wynn Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

fun and positive environment to work in

everyone is very understanding and are willing to help you in any way they can and are willing to work around your schedule. the employees there are super friendly.

Good place to work at

Very fun and good place to work at good management.They understand their employees.workers work as a team.i would recomend it to any one looking for an opportunity to grow

Very Productive

The head of the management is very cooperative and humble. I see her taking an immense effort in motivating and understanding the team. I loved watching people achieve their goals and building self-esteem.

A Home away from Home

Since becoming a part of the Wynning Team around September 2013, I have always felt supported from all of my colleagues and members. The atmosphere is very friendly and welcoming. My team here at the Richmond Hill location are super awesome. The members are even more amazing with their eagerness to fulfill their fitness goals. Over the last few years, I have gotten to know almost each one and admire their passion to continue a healthy lifestyle. My family. My home away from home. -Margie Happy Manager

Great workplace fun and loving place to work at

I have been with the company since Dec 22, 2008 so that makes it almost 11 years this year! wow! Obviously there is a reason why I have been with the company for almost 11 years and the reason is it's a great place to work at, good salary, fair compensation, very well treated by upper level management. There is never been a day I have thought huh why am I going to work, never! If you are good at what you do, they will reward you accordingly no doubt! I agree you can't expect to get paid a lot when your performance is average! I highly recommend to consider working at Wynn, I would call it a Wynning company. At last all I can say is great place, members, employees, staff and head office team. I would give more than 5 stars if there were!

Good Culture & Fun place to work

I have never worked where the core values of a company are celebrated on a daily basis. Lots of education and training available. Leadership and management are amazing and easily approachable, there is always an opportunity to learn and grow. I would highly recommend working with Wynn

Great Work Environment and Great Earning Potential

I have been working at Wynn Fitness for over two years as a personal trainer. The fellow trainer and gym staff are very easy going and make coming into work enjoyable. Amazing flexibility in work and school balance with a great clientele and supportive management. If you are willing to put in effort, you can make great money and work in a gym setting you would love.

comfortable work place

ive met amazing members and workers here. ive learned how to organize different documents and how to portray myself so that i make members have a good experience walking in and walking out.

Pros

good hours

Easy Job

A typical day at work can be very boring but, it is not difficult to obtain a job and is also really easy to maintain. Gym membership is also included.

First Job set me up for future job

a typical day was showing up at 8am walking around the gym seeing if everything is in check not was out of place if so i had to fix it. I learned how to control difficult situations with clients and how to interact with people

Great place to work!

I loved my time at Wynn Fitness! The team was fantastic, and the club was great to work out in. The management was nice and pushes you to be great. If you are willing to put in an honest days work you are greatly rewarded. I only left because I wanted to go back to school. I would consider joining the Wynn team again in the future!

Pros

Free Membership, Great atmosphere

Fun place to workout and great people!

Enjoy working here for 5+ years. Great people (members and staff). Benefits include a free membership. Advancement is possible. Lots of subbing opportunities.

Pros

Free membership.

happy and rewarding environment

Company rewards you if you work hard and hit your sales targets. If you just want a salaried safe job, better luck with a government job. Pay is good, managers have benefits plus there is some fun company events.

Pros

relaxed environment, good Team morale

Cons

hours incl. evenings and some weekends

Wynn Fitness cares for people, so do I

Coming from a corporate world in financial services, employment at Wynn Fitness brings the fresh air into my life, a certain comfort that comes with the friendliness and family-like atmosphere here at the head office as well as all the clubs. The best thing about the Wynn Fitness are the people! That goes for those who work here and the members. In my five months of working here, I had nothing but the best experience. I like the fact that the passion for fitness and healthy lifestyle comes from the top and reflects down to the clubs and care for our members in various ways, whether it is investing in hi-tech fitness equipment or giving back to the community by sponsoring so many local charity organizations and their events. It means to me to be part of something like that and in my small way be able to change people’s lives for the better. The work here is conducted professionally with a high sense of responsibility to those who we serve. Good effort is being recognized and certainly appreciated, and trust can be earned. I love the fact that the Management is also casual, but that is in time planned for fun, so then we have lunches and birthday celebrations together, team building activities and honest help and encouragement in achieving personal fitness goals. It’s a new industry for me so it’s very exciting and learning doesn’t stop.

Pros

Awesome coworkers and bosses! Also, I get to use our spectacular clubs.

Cons

Not enough time to tell all inspiring stories from our clubs.

Happy environment

Love working in happy environment . respect others .customer service. clean environment ,well respected,. always in time. Multiple cultures, Smile.

Pros

Never take anything for granted

Cons

Not a problem working a double shift

PT at Wynn

As someone who has had experience working in other Strength and Conditioning sectors before, here are my thoughts: GOOD. Better variety in equipment, esp the squat room + astro/functional/TRX rooms upstairs. BAD: Revolving door for Personal Trainers. They have the bare minimum requirements for hiring trainers, and essentially care most about sales and getting clients to renew once their training package is up. Confusing, because a PT is supposed to take on a client for 3-6 mos, teach them technique, exercise selection etc, and ultimately set the person up to take care of themselves the rest of their lives. But not here, reward is on getting them long term hooked, and your ratings and job security is compromised if they dont re-sign. Bottom line: sales and membership, less on helping the clients

Pros

Use of the Gym

Good company

Need to work on intra structure in regards to management and training. Unrealistic expectations and false promises made towards staff and customers. At times upper management neglect the needs of employees. Overall good people .

Pros

Great staff

Cons

salary needs improvement

Poor management, not worth the benefits

If you're interesting in being pushed around regardless of seniority or job performance, then try working here. The management is essentially a frat house. The gym is constantly breaking, with the steam room shutting down or the staff constantly switching with monthly hiring/firing. Fires people in the probationary period, so don't stay if you want steady income. Definitely worth it for a quick cash grab, not much other than that. I'd rather sell lemonade on the street.

Pros

Free membership

Cons

Management is poor

actual management are very rude and stuck up

the employees are very out going and work hard. everyone is very friendly except management who will smile in your face but talk behind your back. it wasn't a very good experience other than some of the staff.

Great experience

Been a longstanding employee for years. Have worked in the fitness industry for a long time and this is by far the best place I have worked. Great team environment. Time spent on developing employees and there skills. Offers superb work-life balance. Cares about the community and gives back. Donates to charities. Was involved in building a house for humanity. Has donated over $100k to Canadian Breast Cancer of the past couple of years.

Not worth it.

The salary on the low end. Management is the problem. It starts with both downtown district and club management. They are not transparent and very vindictive. Extremely high employee turnover is related to low pay and negative atmosphere from the management. STAY AWAY!!!

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wynn Fitness Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement