Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

Easy going.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Lookout, ON13 September 2018
My boss was amazing. She knew I was there for a short time till I returned to Canada post. Great benefits. Chill environment. Good place to work and stay
first job in canada
daysinn (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC8 September 2018
this is my first job i starred in canada with daysinn .All employee are to good with when i starred and help me alot so they also play a important role in my life
Days Inn & Suites (West Edmonton)
ROOM ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2018
i would never work at this place again. not my ideal, friendly work place. ive done housekeeping for a long time and this place was a joke! Not dealing with certain situations made me leave. i could not handle the way management works and how they treat their employees.
Pros
Cons
poor management
they are one of the best
GUEST SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 August 2018
not bad at all but yet just a job at the end of the day something to do great for young women without kids fast going and many task to keep you on your feet just great
great staff
Front desk & Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK24 August 2018
great people to work with
flexible schedule
good training provided
at times workload can be too much with not enough employees working
lots of opportunity for advancement
Fast paced
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON12 August 2018
Management was easy to work with
Not as many rooms, more of a "family hotel" rather than a "party hotel".
Learned to pay very close attention to detail, because it makes such a difference in the long run.
Fun Place To work
Sales Representative/Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 August 2018
It's hard for me to give an accurate review of this workpalce because I have never actually worked here. Not sure why Indeed is asking me to give a review of a place that I have not worked for.
One of the best work places
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON1 August 2018
I have had the chance to work here and the staff are the most amazing people. If you have a problem, it becomes their problem. They try and help you out the best they can. Work with you for shifts. Schedule your days off needed when needed. The Housekeeping Management is the most desirable tho. She goes above and beyond for her girls. (Housekeepers)
Pros
Amazing hours
Cons
Stressful
Lovely environment
Front Desk Agent / Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BC30 July 2018
Everyday meeting new people and getting to know them and getting to know the long term stayers .. Going above and beyond for the customers . I'd say the hardest part of the job is the shift work till you have been there for awhile
Pros
Fantastic People and environment
Cons
Shift work
outdoors , with or without other employers around
Cleaner/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB17 July 2018
a typical day at work for me would be to have a tailgate meeting in the morning , do stretches . Then get my job assignment for the day seeing as there are all types of things that need to be done. make sure to have all things needed like proper ppe and such. i love my work environment to be happy and jokes . but not to much joking around, definately lots of sweating and physical labour. the most enjoyable part of a job is seeing the job done , faster then the time it needs to be done, so no cutting corners or dragging a simple job and making it difficult
Pros
moving up the ladder
Cons
smaller paycheck
was fired illegally
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON9 July 2018
I enjoyed working there until my brother quit as manager and then they laid me off stating lack of work though they hired two new employees. We had a meeting in which the franchise owner of the super 8 discussed my brothers who were managers at the two motels the owners ran. Then they gave me two weeks of pay and laid me off.
Pros
Discounted hotel rooms
Cons
worked for over 24 hours straight
great place
HOUSEKEEPER- MCCLEAN LAKE JANURARY (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK30 June 2018
Was a great place to work. The staff were great and friendly, I would be working 2 weeks in and 2 weeks out. It was up North the mines the people were great and would always make you smile even though some days are harder than others.
Pros
Free food, place to sleep great
Cons
longhours
Loved my management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC13 June 2018
Both the head of housekeeping and the owners of the Days Inn & Conference Centre Pentiction are amazing. They are understanding and kind people. This was an amazing first job!
Pros
Great bosses
Cons
Long weeks
it was a good job to have
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK11 June 2018
Working at Days Inn was a great time, everyone was helpful from your co-workers to the managers. It was a team effort in housekeeping and no one had to complete a hard workload by themselves. we celebrated staff birthdays and it was a friendly environment to work in.
Pros
we celebrated staff birthdays and special occations staff lunches
Cons
i didn't have to many bad things in this work place
nice people
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 June 2018
They are a great place to work. I worked for them cleaning and they help you if you need more work they will help. great people to work for. good hours
A great group of people
Night Audit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC9 June 2018
This is a good company to work for in terms of getting decent hours and flexibility. The manager's door is always open, or he's just a phone call away if staff need help.
Pros
Employee rates for hotel stays
Cons
Night shifts on a regular basis can be hard on one's health and social life.
Pretty good work environment
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Creston, BC31 May 2018
Co-workers were nice people
Management was great
Everyone knows everyone type of environment
Reasonable pay
Work load was a bit heavy at times but we were shortstaffed, so its okay
Yeah
Relaxed environment to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 May 2018
I worked as a housekeeper and really enjoyed it. The hours were flexible and the money was good for the work required. Fun environment, liked working alone also sometimes with others.
Good Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Castlegar, BC28 May 2018
This job is a good job for people who enjoy meeting and talking to new people all day. There are chances you will have to do night shifts but they're not bad if you keep yourself busy. The manager is a great lady and will try to help and accommodate you as much as she is able to. This is a good job I recommend it to anyone who is a big people person.
An Average Place to Work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB22 May 2018
When it's busy it's better so the day will run faster than the usual routine. A very challenging place to work. Overall the best part is the the chance of meeting people from pleasure, work and business trip where they share stories and you can make connections.

Management is terrible at times, no benefits an the worst part is the promises and promises and promises but it will keep you just hoping for who knows what and when.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Vacation Ownership. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K