Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

was fired illegally
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON9 July 2018
I enjoyed working there until my brother quit as manager and then they laid me off stating lack of work though they hired two new employees. We had a meeting in which the franchise owner of the super 8 discussed my brothers who were managers at the two motels the owners ran. Then they gave me two weeks of pay and laid me off.
Pros
Discounted hotel rooms
Cons
worked for over 24 hours straight
great place
HOUSEKEEPER- MCCLEAN LAKE JANURARY (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK30 June 2018
Was a great place to work. The staff were great and friendly, I would be working 2 weeks in and 2 weeks out. It was up North the mines the people were great and would always make you smile even though some days are harder than others.
Pros
Free food, place to sleep great
Cons
longhours
Loved my management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC13 June 2018
Both the head of housekeeping and the owners of the Days Inn & Conference Centre Pentiction are amazing. They are understanding and kind people. This was an amazing first job!
Pros
Great bosses
Cons
Long weeks
it was a good job to have
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK11 June 2018
Working at Days Inn was a great time, everyone was helpful from your co-workers to the managers. It was a team effort in housekeeping and no one had to complete a hard workload by themselves. we celebrated staff birthdays and it was a friendly environment to work in.
Pros
we celebrated staff birthdays and special occations staff lunches
Cons
i didn't have to many bad things in this work place
nice people
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 June 2018
They are a great place to work. I worked for them cleaning and they help you if you need more work they will help. great people to work for. good hours
A great group of people
Night Audit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC9 June 2018
This is a good company to work for in terms of getting decent hours and flexibility. The manager's door is always open, or he's just a phone call away if staff need help.
Pros
Employee rates for hotel stays
Cons
Night shifts on a regular basis can be hard on one's health and social life.
Pretty good work environment
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Creston, BC31 May 2018
Co-workers were nice people
Management was great
Everyone knows everyone type of environment
Reasonable pay
Work load was a bit heavy at times but we were shortstaffed, so its okay
Yeah
Relaxed environment to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 May 2018
I worked as a housekeeper and really enjoyed it. The hours were flexible and the money was good for the work required. Fun environment, liked working alone also sometimes with others.
Good Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Castlegar, BC28 May 2018
This job is a good job for people who enjoy meeting and talking to new people all day. There are chances you will have to do night shifts but they're not bad if you keep yourself busy. The manager is a great lady and will try to help and accommodate you as much as she is able to. This is a good job I recommend it to anyone who is a big people person.
An Average Place to Work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB22 May 2018
When it's busy it's better so the day will run faster than the usual routine. A very challenging place to work. Overall the best part is the the chance of meeting people from pleasure, work and business trip where they share stories and you can make connections.

Management is terrible at times, no benefits an the worst part is the promises and promises and promises but it will keep you just hoping for who knows what and when.
hard and quit a job
Housekeeping (part-time) (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON18 May 2018
When I started to do housekeeping job, and I learn a lot of benefit from our team because I did the housekeeping job of first time in my life. my co-work gave me how to do it, and how to services different
culture of costumer. I tried to do my best, and I enjoy it.
I love housekeeping Job because I can focus to do my job.
Pros
I cook my own lunch, and I like free lunches too because they save my more hours.
Cons
long hours I can make more money.
Team Environment
Front Desk Agent and Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 May 2018
Great place to work within the hospitality industry. You typically have another co-worker working on the front desk with you, and the company offers a fair wage for the work, as well as employee discounts and rewards.
Wyndham Hotels
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 May 2018
Typically, days are busy checking in and our guests. Enjoyable place to work. There are many repeat guests attesting to the friendliness and efficiency of staff
Pros
Discounts at Wyhdham
great exercise
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 April 2018
working here was great. met people from all over the world working here. housekeeping i love as it keeps me on the go and you get alot of exercise. the management was great
Friendly work environment and harmony company culture
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC21 April 2018
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the complains from customers, but that is a challenging process for me to improve my skills. I enjoyed to work in hotels for serving different people from different countries.
Pros
good chance to improve my skill
Cons
challenge and hard time to deal with complains
productive workplace
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON2 April 2018
Everything got done in a timely fashion. you either worked alone or by yourself but they always made sure you were gone by 4, 430 at the latest. they were understanding about several personal problems and were willing to work around it.
culture
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2018
Like any hotel, the work culture is is pretty similar. The work culture depends on the manager and his vision in relation to the organisational goal. It needs improvement.
best hotels to work with
Front Desk & Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK29 March 2018
best hotels to work with in Regina. This include free meals and dscounted stay at other hotels chains in whydham area.Insurance policy for the staff and extra. Free gym to workout and relax in spa.
very stressful
Housekeeper/Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON28 March 2018
Manager was very diffeicult to deal with.. i enjoyed working with our guest and being able to help make their stay as pleasant as possible. very physical work.
Productive workplace
Front Desk Clerk/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kindersley, SK27 March 2018
-checked guests in and out of rooms
-booked accommodations for guests
-processed payments for room bookings
-answered multi-line phone
-directed calls
-setup wake up calls for guests
-general cleaning in lobby and in breakfast area
-setup/cleaned up breakfast area
-prepared coffee and tea for guest
-maintained juice dispencer
-maintained breakfast area for guests
-maintained food inventory
-took care of left over laundry from housekeeping
-reported any maintenance problems to maintenance staff when reported to front desk
-faxing, filing, bookkeeping, photocopying and electronic mail
-prepared correspondence to companies with outstanding accounts
-phone follow-ups for outstanding accounts for payment arrangements

most enjoyable part of this job was meeting and greeting guests and great co-workers
Cons
shift work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Vacation Ownership. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K