Wyndham Resorts Employee Reviews

Front Line Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Branson, MO9 April 2018
This was probably my best job opportunity but it came at a time in my life when I was distracted by personal problems and I allowed it to ruin a great job.

I would recommend Wyndham to anyone.
Pros
Great mgmt, good tours, reasonable compensation
Cons
Could be fun but not stable
In-house Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Tahoe, NV9 April 2018
Position could be fun if you don't require a stable and at least predictable paycheck. with one bad day of marketing your $2000 commission could drop you down to an extremely low paycheck. Sales goals do not take into account bad weather and other uncontrollable incidents. If roads were closed and we couldn't make it to the resort we were instantly assigned bad arrivals and dropped our pay
unappreciating and borderline abusive
Inspector supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shawnee on Delaware, PA2 April 2018
Very little appreciation. Wouldn't think twice about keeping us cleani g from 8am to 11pm midnight, and then give a disciplinary action for coming in a few minutes late or calling out of work. We worked like this for literally years because of harsh management and high standards it was hard to keep a full staff. We did still keep an extremely high standards and passed all the company's harsh as audits. So, to thank us for all our hard work we all got the shaft, yes they fired us, management's phony tears and all, so that they could outsource our jobs to an even less caring, more abusive company than even they were. Thankless job with no hope of ever advancing unless you are in good with manager(s)
Pros
better benefits than many other places
Cons
too many to list
Fun place to work little unorganized at times
Houskeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZ28 March 2018
Wyndham flagstaff resorts is a fun place to work with lots of very understanding people who will accommodate with your life away from work. On the down side at times it get chaotic due to miscommunication. They often do not order the supplies on time and will leave you supplyless for weeks even months. But most of the time it is a great job and one of the best I've had very willing to work with your little corks.
Pros
Free lunches, summer BBQs, great benifits
Cons
Very unorganized at times
Great
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, IL18 March 2018
I learned to be able to Get things done in a reasonable Matter of time.
Very Fast paced environment
I loved working in The housekeeping industry.
Learned alot
Good
Sales (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL18 March 2018
Property shows very well, great location. Well Kept. Great working environment and very competitive. Like the point system based. Recommend as a work place.
what
Resident Sales Account Manager Call Center (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL15 March 2018
wonderful place of employment. great work atmosphere. food always available and the people are amazing. everyone should experience having there taxes done here
nice place to work
Bellman (Current Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, CO22 February 2018
Like working here but if there is no snow then your hours can get cut because there is no one coming to the resort. Which make it hard to pay all your bills.
Pros
nice environment to work in
Cons
hours can be cut at anytime
Good place to work with great co-workers.
Manager Discovery Sales, Exit Program (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX22 February 2018
Made some good friends among sales people. Sales people were focused and well trained. Many had years of experience in the industry. The pay was good and the hours were reasonable.
Pros
Professional sales people
Poor management support
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  CO18 February 2018
Though they always said they would help staff move up, they actually did the opposite. Some of the other staff were very pleasant to work with. Management are micro-managers concerned primarily with their own agenda's. Even when managers knew staff were aware of the truth, each manager routinely lied especially if it made them look better. Manager's encourage guests very bad behavior, including yelling, swearing and threatening staff by rewarding them with gifts and extras.
Pros
good company benefits
Cons
Unsupportive management, no opportunity to move up or over
It's is a very good job to work at. And too move up to different learning
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Springfield, IL11 February 2018
It's is a very good job to work at. And too move up to different learning . The overall experience is a fast paced and extremely enjoyable. I really say this because serving in all the events I have make me experience and see things I have never before and it helps me be more open minded
Marketing for Wyndham's timeshare opportunities
In House Marketing Host (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA8 February 2018
Environment here can be pretty cut-throat.
You need to be "on your game" at all times, because people will check in at all hours.
Hours have to be flexible.
They have great discounts and benefits.
Training is all in house.
Hardest part of the job would be the stress of it all.
Most enjoyable part of the job would be making people smile and keeping in touch with them during their stay to make it as best as possible.
Definitely learned a lot about customer service at this job and time management.
Pros
Free cookies, Downtown Seattle
Cons
Hard to take breaks sometimes
Too much in fighting with different shifts.
Assistant Manager Engineering (Former Employee) –  Newport, RI7 February 2018
It was an OK job. The chief engineer was great and knowledgeable. Maintenance team, was very tough to work with, and to educate. Very combative and very abusive, needed a lot of coddling.
Pros
Full hours
Cons
work force
Work Environment
Marketing and Advertising Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL6 February 2018
I did enjoy working with the Company It is a stressful environment but my main goal is to do my job , Be there for the Client . Is hard to work in a Company when you leader are not doing there job.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Workplace Culture
Hostess and Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL30 January 2018
Starting your day consist of cleaning restaurant, setting up your station and helping out. Usually managers just sit back and only come out when things are getting crazy. Oer all the severs and server assistants are super friendly and great coworkers.
fun workplace
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA29 January 2018
Excellent benefits package, and a great place to work. I learned that each one of us is part of a group, and effect each others performance when in service to the guest a leisurely experience. I was able to advance in this type of environment and train other people.
Pros
Resort experience
Cons
vacation time
Productive and fun
Outreach Agent/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV19 January 2018
I would go into work we would have our daily meeting to let everyone know who was top greeter and cpa. Then we would get assigned to are post which was either Harrahs, Linq, Flamingo, Margarita Ville or Ceaser Palace. Once we got to our post we would greet tourist get them to the counter and present them to our cpa to get them sign up for a tour of our property
Sales experience
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL17 January 2018
A relaxed and family oriented environment, good teamwork, and sales experience. This company has good employee benefits and management consider employees requests. Good company to work for.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
weekend work hours
Staff accomidations
Asst. Executive Housekeeping & Laundry Services (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FL2 January 2018
Annual party gives the staff a sense of appreciation. Also the ability to utilize any facility owned by the company and get a discount is a plus. The staff feel a sense of purpose.
Pros
some
Cons
few
Poor management and Lack of Attention to department
In Room Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Clearwater Beach, FL29 December 2017
no insentive and favoristm from Managers to employees
No opportunity to express your interest and ideas
I was there since January and never call in sick or been late for work and many times cover shifts for others associates and offer my self to do overtime.
never lost my interest even if that was not appreciated
Pros
New Beautiful resort
Cons
No lunches or breaks because just one person