WWF Employee Reviews

A great environment, great people, and wonderful cause.
Donor Relations and Communications Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2014
My typical day as a volunteer include fulfillment, customer service phone calls, scheduling Tweets and researching interesting topics for the organization's blog. I've learned to use the donor records software Raiser's Edge and developed phone etiquette from the many customer service calls I've made. My managers were helpful and personable who will always make time to answer your questions. The hardest part of this role is to overcome frustration that may be felt when the mail folding machine is not functioning properly and requires some maintenance or creativity in fixing it. I love being surrounded by people who share a concern for the environment and also understand the business side to running a NGO. There are environmental extremists, animal rights activists and misinformed people who come through and direct their negativity towards the staff but they are all professional and handle these situations well.
Pros
Free beverages and snacks, priority in applying to events volunteer positions
Cons
Repetitive work