WW International, Inc. (Weight Watchers)

WW International, Inc. (Weight Watchers) Employee Reviews

There are no typical days at WW except for weigh ins and workshops. Everyday has a different set of challenges to be meet, which to me kept the job exciting.
Pros
Music can be listened to, drinking a coffee is acceptable at any time.
Cons
Management communication does not flow well.
I have learn to look out for myself regarding healthy habit what to it and not eat. excising regularly. Summer hours. No pressure from the management. If you fished your work you leave
Pros
sometimes there is free Lunch
Cons
7 hour a day
It has been over a year and I absolutely love my job with WW. They are just a great company to work for. The support you receive is amazing. Colleagues are just great.
Those of us who are Guides and Coaches are not working for the $$ as we are grossly underpaid . We are truly there to help others. WW 's Studio culture is awesome - collaborative - wonderful - the only bad thing is the pay .
While WW's mission to globalize wellness and focus on food fitness and mindset is fantastic to be a part of, the overall management and Sr. Leadership completely miss the mark on caring about their own employees. The classic situation where corporate stocks the fridge with yogurt and they bring in a ping pong table because they believe this will make their employees engaged - all the while missing the mark on talent development opportunities that people with career aspirations truly seek from companies that have the perceived clout of Weight Watchers. So much focus given towards the members which is absolutely the correct approach for business - they fail at the most basic human connections internally. Sr. Management could not care about you one little bit as a human being, and due to the poor business performance to begin the 2019 year the high stress environment, expectation to work around the clock - and complete lack of acknowledgement from leaders within the organization to the folks to ultimately deliver remarkable work on a day to day is astounding. Run and hide - especially from Marketing roles. The VP of marketing in Canada, is an empty shell of a leader and an absolute tyrant who has no concept of what it takes to galvanize a team or recognize exceptional work, or keep her employees happy - I can unequivocally say the worst leader I have ever seen.
There have been several changes within the organization and it’s all been for the better. The culture is more inclusive, finally where they need to be with technology, are open to bold moves, promotes new ideas and avoids legacy thinking. A fun working environment.
Pros
Work from home opportunities for some roles, bonus, work life balance, wellness benefit on top of regular benefits, moving towards exciting new technology, global opportunities, fun work environment, positive workplace
Cons
some employees are very resistant to change or learning technology.
Weight Watchers is a positive work place where you can meet people with the same goals you have in weight loss. Best to participate and complete program successfully before starting to work for this company.
overall a good place to work. Most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that we change peoples lives on a daily basis. hardest part of the job is coaching some service providers to work in the new world of WW especially in the rural locations
Pros
freedom to schedule my day and meeting so many wonderful people
Cons
long hours and mediocre senior management
Turn over are fast. Most of the employees are under contract, and temporary so it explains why the turn over is fast. Their structure is very complex.
Pros
hours on summer is good
Cons
not nice culture
Energetic Customer Base, Weight Watcher Canada is part of Weight Watchers International. Members can be fun and entertaining but can also be very aggressive.
Pros
Lots of snacks
Cons
Lots of snacks
Amazing corporation, consistently current with the market world, up to the minute product professional research, opportunity to work alongside talented - highly motivated coaches and managers.
Pros
continually well informed in terms of company's vision
Cons
constant changes
Weight Watchers International bought Weight Watchers AB and many clients discontinued their services. Many groups closed and workers became unhappy and moved on with their lives. The standards of the company have dropped.
A typical day at work involved reviewing spiel for members' presentation/meeting. I learned losing weight for many doesn't mean leading a healthy lifestyle. Values of the company differ from its clients. My immediate boss believed if I am successful, she will be successful. Hardest part of the job: employer doesn't have your back but has the back of the customer who can oftentimes be demanding and unfair. Most enjoyable part of the job: I was able to inject humor in my presentations and I could creatively write up a weekly newsletter to my members to motivate them to stick to a healthy lifestyle, even if they weren't all onboard with that. Making a difference in some way.
Pros
I motivate by example, members/clients motivated me.
Cons
Customers were demanding, downright mean when they didn't lose weight.
Dedication is a must , great management , closed to the employees, professionals and friendly co-workers. after 6 months working here , i enjoy eeryday . i learn a from the professional perspective to interpersonal skills.
I so much enjoyed motivating people and helping them with their weight loss journey. I travelled form workplace to workplace leading meetings and helping people.
The company demands are unreasonably high for Territory Managers resulting in very high turnover. If the local management team is not found on sharing of strengths, complete transparency and cooperation from ALL team members, this job will never allow for a work-life balance. It is a 7 day workweek, with a dedication of a minimum of 10hrs/day (weekdays) and 3-5hrs/day (weekends). Simply overwhelming. Too bad, as this can be quite a rewarding career (helping others and coaching motivated employees), but with such high demands and expectations, something is going to have to give....(unfortunately, this will most probably mean giving up your family and/or personal life.
Pros
good benefits and salary - ONLY to territory managers though
Cons
Extreme working schedule and unreasonable expectations from TM's
Work days were only 2.5 hours ,loved the job Self-confidence Management was very good My co-workers were the best I have ever worked with Keeping the clients(customers) motivated Seeing the glow in their eyes when they had an accomplishment
Pros
The people
Cons
not enough hours not enough pay
i had a great time working for weight watchers on a contract job for two months. the manager and supervisors as well as the staff was phenomenal. its a great place to work if you don't like working long hours and love working in call center setting.
Pros
eat anytime of day at your desk. work in a comfortable environment.
Cons
salary could be better
Recent renovation has improved office decor, added healthy vending machine, and a slow treadmill with work table. Coworkers are friendly and always willing to work together. Once you are here you are apart of the team. Weight Watchers is committed to being a team. They have monthly and quarterly meetings that inform all staff of company activities or to work together to improve processes and collaboration between departments.
Pros
Great coworkers and great work/life balance
Cons
Limited career advancement options
Amazing team. Very supportive and helpful management team. I really enjoyed working for Weight Watchers .
Manage the workflow of the ‘Accounts Payable’. The role encompasses the management of the day-to-day processes of the Accounts Payable Department. The management and mentoring an Accounts Payable team ensure that invoices and payables are processed as timely, accurately and as efficiently as possible in accordance with company’s regulatory policies and procedures. The role liaises with other internal departments and external partners to resolve vendor or invoicing issues in regards Accounts Payable. This includes the coordination of information and reporting with other departments. Using Oracle.  Payroll adjustments and calculation.  Enter PTA forms into Oracle, create batches.