WW International, Inc. (Weight Watchers)

WW International, Inc. (Weight Watchers) Employee Reviews

A company that is moving in the right direction.
There have been several changes within the organization and it’s all been for the better. The culture is more inclusive, finally where they need to be with technology, are open to bold moves, promotes new ideas and avoids legacy thinking. A fun working environment.
Pros
Work from home opportunities for some roles, bonus, work life balance, wellness benefit on top of regular benefits, moving towards exciting new technology, global opportunities, fun work environment, positive workplace
Cons
some employees are very resistant to change or learning technology.
A company with all the wrong priorities
While WW's mission to globalize wellness and focus on food fitness and mindset is fantastic to be a part of, the overall management and Sr. Leadership completely miss the mark on caring about their own employees.

The classic situation where corporate stocks the fridge with yogurt and they bring in a ping pong table because they believe this will make their employees engaged - all the while missing the mark on talent development opportunities that people with career aspirations truly seek from companies that have the perceived clout of Weight Watchers.

So much focus given towards the members which is absolutely the correct approach for business - they fail at the most basic human connections internally. Sr. Management could not care about you one little bit as a human being, and due to the poor business performance to begin the 2019 year the high stress environment, expectation to work around the clock - and complete lack of acknowledgement from leaders within the organization to the folks to ultimately deliver remarkable work on a day to day is astounding.

Run and hide - especially from Marketing roles. The VP of marketing in Canada, is an empty shell of a leader and an absolute tyrant who has no concept of what it takes to galvanize a team or recognize exceptional work, or keep her employees happy - I can unequivocally say the worst leader I have ever seen.
Fun workplace
Weight Watchers is a positive work place where you can meet people with the same goals you have in weight loss. Best to participate and complete program successfully before starting to work for this company.
enjoyable and engaging work with the public
overall a good place to work. Most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that we change peoples lives on a daily basis. hardest part of the job is coaching some service providers to work in the new world of WW especially in the rural locations
Pros
freedom to schedule my day and meeting so many wonderful people
Cons
long hours and mediocre senior management
Culture and employment are contracts and temporary
Turn over are fast. Most of the employees are under contract, and temporary so it explains why the turn over is fast. Their structure is very complex.
Pros
hours on summer is good
Cons
not nice culture
Easy Going
Energetic Customer Base, Weight Watcher Canada is part of Weight Watchers International. Members can be fun and entertaining but can also be very aggressive.
Pros
Lots of snacks
Cons
Lots of snacks
Extremely progressive learning environment
Amazing corporation, consistently current with the market world,
up to the minute product professional research, opportunity to work

alongside talented - highly motivated coaches and managers.
Pros
continually well informed in terms of company's vision
Cons
constant changes
Money orientated
Weight Watchers International bought Weight Watchers AB and many clients discontinued their services. Many groups closed and workers became unhappy and moved on with their lives. The standards of the company have dropped.
Cutthroat retail company but once you learn the ropes, it gets easier.
A typical day at work involved reviewing spiel for members' presentation/meeting.

I learned losing weight for many doesn't mean leading a healthy lifestyle. Values of the company differ from its clients.

My immediate boss believed if I am successful, she will be successful.

Hardest part of the job: employer doesn't have your back but has the back of the customer who can oftentimes be demanding and unfair.

Most enjoyable part of the job: I was able to inject humor in my presentations and I could creatively write up a weekly newsletter to my members to motivate them to stick to a healthy lifestyle, even if they weren't all onboard with that. Making a difference in some way.
Pros
I motivate by example, members/clients motivated me.
Cons
Customers were demanding, downright mean when they didn't lose weight.
Fun workplace
Dedication is a must , great management , closed to the employees, professionals and friendly co-workers.
after 6 months working here , i enjoy eeryday .

i learn a from the professional perspective to interpersonal skills.
motivational
I so much enjoyed motivating people and helping them with their weight loss journey. I travelled form workplace to workplace leading meetings and helping people.
Very difficult
The company demands are unreasonably high for Territory Managers resulting in very high turnover.

If the local management team is not found on sharing of strengths, complete transparency and cooperation from ALL team members, this job will never allow for a work-life balance.

It is a 7 day workweek, with a dedication of a minimum of 10hrs/day (weekdays) and 3-5hrs/day (weekends). Simply overwhelming.

Too bad, as this can be quite a rewarding career (helping others and coaching motivated employees), but with such high demands and expectations, something is going to have to give....(unfortunately, this will most probably mean giving up your family and/or personal life.
Pros
good benefits and salary - ONLY to territory managers though
Cons
Extreme working schedule and unreasonable expectations from TM's
the clients are great
Work days were only 2.5 hours ,loved the job
Self-confidence

Management was very good

My co-workers were the best I have ever worked with

Keeping the clients(customers) motivated

Seeing the glow in their eyes when they had an accomplishment
Pros
The people
Cons
not enough hours not enough pay
productive and fun workplace, very cultural base and great place to start your career in sales
i had a great time working for weight watchers on a contract job for two months.
the manager and supervisors as well as the staff was phenomenal.

its a great place to work if you don't like working long hours and love working in call center setting.
Pros
eat anytime of day at your desk. work in a comfortable environment.
Cons
salary could be better
Open, friendly, and collaborative environment.
Recent renovation has improved office decor, added healthy vending machine, and a slow treadmill with work table. Coworkers are friendly and always willing to work together. Once you are here you are apart of the team. Weight Watchers is committed to being a team. They have monthly and quarterly meetings that inform all staff of company activities or to work together to improve processes and collaboration between departments.
Pros
Great coworkers and great work/life balance
Cons
Limited career advancement options
Amazing place to work
Amazing team. Very supportive and helpful management team. I really enjoyed working for Weight Watchers .
Accounts Payable
Manage the workflow of the ‘Accounts Payable’. The role encompasses the management of the day-to-day processes of the Accounts Payable Department. The management and mentoring an Accounts Payable team ensure that invoices and payables are processed as timely, accurately and as efficiently as possible in accordance with company’s regulatory policies and procedures. The role liaises with other internal departments and external partners to resolve vendor or invoicing issues in regards Accounts Payable. This includes the coordination of information and reporting with other departments. Using Oracle.
 Payroll adjustments and calculation.

 Enter PTA forms into Oracle, create batches.
A really great experience.
I had wonderful co-workers. They were fabulous people.
The hardest part of the job, was when a member would come in and were disappointed with their results on the scale. That being said the best part of the job was the overwhelming amount of members who were and are still successful with the program.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Unprepared staff members.
productive,satisfying job
i take pride in servicing the members of WW. Taking up to 100 calls per day . My coworkers are very helpful and hardworking
Loved being a leader
Although I do not agree with alot of how the upper management works, I LOVED being a leader with this company. I loved inspiring others, motivated them and learning from them. People are my main priority and leading several different groups gave me so much purpose.
Pros
the members
Cons
wage, upper management
Great relaxed workplace with great people
Good place to work. No actual benefits-mostly contract work. Little job security.

It's worthwhile because coworkers are interesting and friendly. Met some very nice people.

My manager is excellent - the best.
Pros
open, friendly environment - great people
Cons
no benefits, only contract work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at WW International, Inc. (Weight Watchers). Our community is ready to answer.
2.9