WSP Employee Reviews

Okay to work at WSP and very productive for all projects. But the senior people will retire very soon and the young staff will take over to control the work loads.
J’ai aimé mon passage, mais beaucoup de changements au fil des années qui ont rendu l’ambiance désagréable. On appréciait mon travail, mais jamais de place pour avoir de meilleures ouvertures
This company is full of Levelton employees who don’t let new hires move forward. Since the company would have to pay them severance, they don’t fire them but they will fire a new employee with no cause after they have used them at the moment of hiring for those particular projects. Make sure your contract mentions about specific termination conditions. Red neck lab manager who doesn’t know how to talk and is very short tempered. They forge documents and when I pointed that out to them, they terminated me on my first day of return from my sickness. Very nosy office PEng who is hungry for attention and will make your life miserable. In short, DON’T go here.
Pros
Big name
Cons
Pathetic 2 faced management (Langley office)
Advancement is based on management favoritism, which is not dependent on education or experience but on personal relationships. Discipline managers orchestrate their departments to their personal preferences and do not follow company guidelines of position titles for promoting individuals. The department I was in was extremely gender-biased as I saw many males promoted up & immediately coached along in tasks to advance their careers yet women were regulated to basic duties and kept there until no longer needed.
Pros
Flexible work times
Cons
Unfair and unethical career progression
I worked at WSP Canada for 3.5 years starting in 2016. I was a first year Instrumentation apprentice when I started and was a Journeyman by the time I left the company. Over those 3.5 years; I received less than 2 dollars total in raises even though I completed my entire apprenticeship with the company. The final nail in the coffin was that WSP was hiring new first year apprentices at the same wage as me or higher. The management doesn't care in this company and puts all of their responsibilities on newer staff so the stress level is extremely high with very little compensation to match. Some of us brought our concerns to upper management and HR but it all got swept under the rug.
Pros
Get to go home most nights and don't need to be away from family for long periods of time
Cons
Poor pay, poor management, high stress
Overall, the job was ok. The managers do their best with what projects are currently won by WSP, however, job security fluctuates with the market as with most engineering firms.
Completed a six year work adventure with the company just after flipping from Genivar to WSP - a good move to deflect the Quebec scandal. Came to the firm full of energy to grow the aggregate services component in Ontario. Supported in the beginning. Manager left for greener pastures (can't blame him). New manager (s) were terrible. Bullies best describes. No vision. No support. No thoughts for mentoring younger staff, which is one reason I came to the firm - to mentor younger staff and pass along my skills and extensive client base. Bean counters with no people skills. Saw many departures of good young talent. Management does not care. Think twice before joining this firm.
Pros
Some great young, but naive, people to work with.
Cons
Management. Managment.Managment
With this company you are just a number. This company loves to buy other companies then gets rid of the staff. The original company only cares for themselves
Cons
A very professional company, has high profile projects, state of the art CAD and engineering software, highly capable professional engineers and managers and an excellent management.
Fun place to work. Good people. Excellent resources. Top notch support. Very professional. Knowledgeable. Experienced. Quality management. Top culture.
Pros
coffee
Cons
no booze
Sans commentaires, Beaucoup de bitchage, de cafardage ou chacun cherche à supplanter l'autre par n'importe quel moyen possible ou impossible, un esprit de compétition latent, surnois, on ne sait jamais si les gens sont vraiment honnêtes, sinon il y a de l'hypocrisie tout le temps.
My colleagues are very supportive, caring and fun to work with. Collaboration is the key part of my job. Good people within our company office and we know each other well along the years of working. Because it is a global company with many employees, you tend to be just a statistic in the main management, holding position tinkering with employee excel sheets very far away from our office. Because of pandemic, it is a great excuse for the CEO to correct the finances by laying off, including myself to improve the cash flow report. And the executives are very proud of their report gaining positive figures, that they even post in social media. Congratulations! I love my job but I don't fall in love in the company because I already knew that anytime....... the company will stop loving you.
Pros
Free Lunches, Golf, and other events
Cons
Boring corporate executive speeches visiting engineering office.
The atmosphere is great at WSP. The best part about working there is the people. Corporate is really trying to make an effort to improve their culture and it shows; everyone seems to enjoy working with each other, and despite the fast pace everyone was supportive and made for a great work environment. The only thing about this company is that like all EPCs, job security isn't necessarily the greatest - if there's a recession, you may find yourself out of a job.
Très belle expérience dans cette compagnie. Ambiance agréable et conviviale.
Many opportunities to explore while you work there but at the end of the day, you are just a number like any corporate firm. Make the best out of your experience while you work there
Great place to work with many friendly employees. WSP Group Inc. is a very well known international engineering firm that allowed me to learn and develop my knowledge in the engineering field.
This company grow through many acquisitions and leadership teams changed over as part of the acquisition agreements making it very difficult for employees to keep reinventing the culture every couple of years.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
The number of CEO changes with acquisitions
I joined WSP in a very rushed manner. They needed one person fo the Field Services crew and I jumped right into it. I tried to plan a lateral move within this business unit but it was not successful; hence I am not renewing my temporary contract
Pros
per diems on road trips
Cons
The management is quite poor, the team doesn't know to delegate work and bring a new hire on board. The training and team is very talented but poor in managing the sub staff
très bonne firme, bon encadrement fait par toute l'équipe
Good to work, benefits are good, management is not very good, work and life balance, sometimes needs overtime but paid well. work is not so stable overall recommended.
  1. Employee reviews