WSP Canada Employee Reviews

Full- time Office Assistant (Archive Manager) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2018
Good place to work. WSP is a company to be considered for a position if you are looking for job.
Decent work-life balance . Absolutely wonderful and caring people whom I miss dearly
Pros
Ability to work from home
I will work again with this company.
Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 February 2018
It is a company that I will work again in the future. Work projects is great and the company gave its employees all the supports needed to accomplish work.
Busy and a lot of changes in short period of time
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 February 2018
Very Busy work place. A lot of changes within six month. Acquire small companies minimum 2 in year. Hardest part of job management changes frequently.
Pros
Cons
Busy
Got stuck in acquisition shuffle
Graphic & Video Designer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 February 2018
As a member of a support sector in the company under the marketing department, I managed to stay on through WSP's acquisition of my former company, MMM Group. My case is not an average experience at this company as I was not one of the engineers, and I worked remotely from my team.
Pros
Good people, emphasis on sustainability
Cons
brand lacking reputation (too many acquisitions, no identity yet)
Different kind of jobs with new challengers
Party Chief / Survey Technologist / QA (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 January 2018
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK: Pick the informtion of the job up by email or in the office and do it ASAP

WHAT YOU LEARNED: New challengers to me due to the system and way to work is compleaty different that in Europe.

MANAGEMENT:Unscheduled work

WORKPLACE CULTURE: Edmonton and Alberta area.

THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB: Be on call 24/7

THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB: Impeccable relationship with field co-workers
Fun workplace in the field
Pros
Money and field co-workers
Cons
uncertainty hours per month
moderate work arrangement
Co-op (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 January 2018
I worked as a co-op student in WSP Saskatoon office. The arrangement of daily work of that office was moderate. Yet luckily I got a very capable PM during that period who gave me a great deal of help.
environnement de travail
Adjointe administrative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 November 2017
Cette entreprise veut rester jeune et veut avoir des employés jeunes, mais malheureusement, les jeunes ne restent pas longtemps.
J'ai côtoyée beaucoup d'employés de pays et de milieu différents, cela nous apprend les autres cultures et comment s'y adapter.
Pros
des amis qu'on se fait au cours des ans
Cons
assurance maladie: soins dentaires et de la vue; insécurité de travaill
Worst place I've ever worked.
Proposal Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2017
Management bullied me to do 10+ hours overtime without pay or banking hours, therefore not conducive to work/life balance. Reporting system required update from 2014. Over 25+ people turnover within past year. Only the benefits were good. Human Resources and Management were not interested in resolving or even acknowledging any problems.
Benefits
Could be better if Management is not completely ran from the East
Desktop Support Analyst / Jr SCCM Admin (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2017
Not a bad company to work but the larger it grew, the bigger the bureaucracy (which is typical of a company this size). Beyond that, its a decent company to work depending on your department
très bon employeur
Technicien DAO (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC11 October 2017
dessiner des murs de soutènements pour l'échangeur Turcot.
Belle ambiance d'entraide entre les employés.
Pros
heures flexibles
Young company with severe growing pains
Employee (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 October 2017
This company is still stuck with its Genivar roots. Going through some severe growing pains due to the acquisitions. Disorganized. Management has no clear processes or procedures. Old-school, fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants approach to building a business. Upper management hasn't evolved from running a medium business to a large corporation. They need to replace upper management with seasoned veterans who know how to organize and grow a business.
Bonne entreprise
Comptable de projet/Agente de facturation/ etc (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC13 September 2017
J'ai bien aimé travaillé depuis 12 ans mais il y a beaucoup de changement qui me pousse à regarder pour un autre emploi
great place to expand field of Municipal and Geomatic surveys
Chainman (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB12 September 2017
i worked for 2 years with them and it was the best being able to travel and go to new locations every other week for work. making a great wage and the work was fairly reasonable.
Pros
breaks when needed, good atmosphere, didnt have the " Boss breathing down your neck" feel.
Cons
Away from home lots, no guarantee to when end of work day time, long hours in heat or cold
Large EP
Eng (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 August 2017
Overall good place to work. Some excellent, talented resourceful employees. Minimal opportunity for advancement. Lots of overhead. Many management changes resulting from acquisitions.
Pros
Good quality jobs, many talented resources
Cons
Poor potential for growth, limited job roles
I enjoyed working there.
Civil/Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 August 2017
WSP is a great place to work....I got the really good team to work with.

I was getting the competitive work while working for Narrows Lake Project.

Good experience.
Great fun company
Commissioning Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 August 2017
Work with really good people who understand that life is about what you want out of it and will let you make the aspects of your life that you value the most a priority.
Disengaged culture
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 July 2017
WSP in Canada is mess of companies that were brought together through a large number of acquisitions over the past 15 years. As a result, the culture is very dissected and disengaged.
Dynamic and team focused environment
Vice President of Finance, National Buildings Line (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON19 July 2017
Team oriented and quick decision maker. Able to think out of the box and analyze processes in order to make improvements. Enjoy mentoring and growing team members to further their careers and add value to their roles/company.
Environnement de travail motivant et stimulant
Ingénieur en expertise hydrique, Chargé de projet (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC18 June 2017
Dans cette compagnie, j'ai eu de la place et j'ai pu me développer, encadrer et diriger des projets avec sucess
Fast paced learning environment, physically active, outdoor work
Surveyor Party Chief (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 June 2017
I very much enjoyed my time working with WSP and the opportunities that they afforded to me. They saw my potential and offered to give me a college education in return for a solid work ethic and commitment to them.
Pros
outdoor, remote workplace, travel, minimal supervision
Cons
worked away from home consistently

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WSP Canada. Our community is ready to answer.