WRDSB

WRDSB Employee Reviews

Good place to work I would recommend if too many people but the job is stressful and hard work.

A great place to work , some people not all are fun to work with, your job can be stressful ,Summer cleaner is 2 months it's very high cleaning from top to bottom right through floors stripping waxing painting walls high dusting cancel not involved outside work cleaning up the yard cutting down tree cutting grass maintaining their property overall I would recommend the job

Pros

Meeting once a month

Cons

Shoveling snow in the winter.

Avoid this school board

This used to be one of the best school boards in the province. No longer. Pays lip service to the idea of employee and student health and wellness but does little to support struggling staff and students. Some of the schools are in deplorable condition and decaying buildings do very little for student morale (staff either). Go to a more progressive school board if given the chance, one that actually implements the policies that they advertise. I have moved on to a much better school board that actually listens to front-line staff and the students in their buildings.

Great hours if you have children in school as well

The team I work with is great and very reliable which helps to provide a positive work environment Working with Secondary students with different abilities has been very rewarding

Its ok, if you keep to yourself

I love the job, and proud of being a custodian. But the complete lack of communication, poor management and supervisors more concerned with being top dog than actually doing their job allowing the lazy to run rampant in most schools. Makes you wonder why you work hard, and do a good job... it certainly doesnt get you any further, all it does is get you sent out to more schools to do the work of the lazy. Pay is not the greatest, but the sick days and other days do make like balance good. And there is the pension, which is a bonus if you get in young enough.

Fun, challenging, and growing work environment

Although I was a co-op student, I was treated very much with respect and maturity at Jean Steckle Public School. You had lots of ability to express yourself, engage with others, and really improve on your skills as well as gain new and challenging work experience. It was the most fun I've ever had at a job. i loved the kids and the staff was incredible!

Pros

Great schedule, amazing staff

Cons

Unpaid co-op

Wrdsb

Fun and engaging. Loved meeting new learners, was a wonderful experience. Really understanding and kind management. All of it was enjoyable. Would definitely work here again.

Can't say enough good things here.

The job is about what you want to put into it, and it can be difficult with rentals and 3rd party aftercare. The salary and benefits overtake the cons, however; getting full time can be lengthy.

flexible hours and days

if you need a job that works around your lifestyle then supply positions give you that. You must be able to drive to various locations and be willing to work on very short notice. Typically your day starts with a call at 6am. Some kids are a charm to work with, some are very difficult and some will break your heart. Some teachers will welcome you and others will resent you. Just work around them and remember why you are there.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

difficulty making friends

First job

Worked as a student custodian, light labour as a student. Didn't really have to lift anything more then 15lbs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WRDSB. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement