Wow! Mobile Boutique

Wow! Mobile Boutique Employee Reviews

Canada38 reviews
The company was great to work for at the time when I started. Unfortunately they have lost focus of their company values over the years and the lack of focus has made it take a step back in the industry. They are copying other successful models and unfortunately don't compare when looked at closely.
WOW! has been a great place to work over the last 6+ years, and it's been an incredible experience seeing the company evolve and grow during this time into the perservering organization that it is, today.

Our leadership listens intently to the field, and most ideas that are implemented in both sales and operations company-wide come from our Store Managers. We've all had many chances to give our own two cents when it comes to solving a problem or doing something better.

The level of investment both financially and people-related is exceptional, and I can truly say this company has piloted some incredible training over the years, and has been recognized internationally for the investment from Head Office and the Field.

The sales and people cultures are strong, but this is not a place of push-overs - Leadership will ask for commitment to standards, but it's because no one is exempt from the oinfluence of standards in the business. Standards and People are the culture, and both are defended and enriched with conviction and energy.

It's a great place to work and get your start in sales, or make a career move to take on Management in a company that will continue to develop you, even if that development grows into people finding specific growth opportunities elsewhere. The investment in people is constant, and the Carrier Parters are awesome.
Not a bad place to work- kind of slow paced if you’ve worked at other mobile places before. Uniforms are probably the worst part about this place, aside from standing in a kiosk all day.
WOW! Mobile is a great place to work, but the management team of Wow! is not very good. They recently close around 13 stores in Canada. There is no job security at Wow! if you are an underperformer.
I've worked with wow for a few years, there are a lot of good things about this company but I am extremely disappointed with how they handle the COVID-19 crisis. I do appreciate the fact that they are paying their employees until April during this time but they are making them work 2-3 hours every day. Ridiculous. We are in a global CRISIS and they are making us do pointless busy work. Some of us have bigger things to worry about. Most of it is just busy work. Sorry, but I am not thinking about how I will sell phones during this worldwide crisis. Pathetic. Also some of us have kids and we are trying to homeschool them during this time. Some of us just want a break and want to spend time with our families. This is a pure waste of time and we are not learning anything from all of this.
Wow! Mobile Boutique is a great job for students that are looking to make money while in school. However, for professionals that are looking for full-time work it can be monotonous and lack the ability to grow in skills that will bring you to the next level. I've had a fun and upbeat experience at Wow!, but it is really only for people looking for entry level work; maybe intermediate if given managerial experience.
The Culture of the company is great and everyone I work with is amazing. The flexibility in working hours, employee focus, good benefits, and very good management. It's work hard and party hard environment.
Great for Management or Part-time employee as the benefits and reward programs are in favor of such positions. Great atmosphere if your sales team is great and competitive.
This place was decent to work for, the staff was nice and the environment was friendly. Very fast pace and there is always something to do. Very competitive due to high volume of mobile kiosk in the mall.
Job has gone downhill in the years I’ve been there. Prides itself on being a non-pushy sales environment yet your job is threatened if you don’t sell enough. Head office is a mess and district managers have blatant favouritism with associates and managers. Originally was getting paid above industry average but since minimum wage went up they’ve consistently lowered commission. If you’re lucky enough to get a management position you’re treated like a celebrity to compensate for the constant stress and threats you receive if you’re an associate good luck moving up unless you dedicate your entire life to the company that isn’t paying you a living wage!
This is a very stressful place to work. Sales is the only thing that matters. Wow promises a strong coaching culture where they will constantly coach you to help you improve, but the district manager doesn’t actually do it. If you are struggling they just get rid of you instead of actually helping you. I’ve seen this happen to several managers. There is zero job security at this company, even at the head office level. On the other hand if you sell, you can pretty much do whatever you want and they will turn a blind eye. If your friends with certain people at head office you will get a promotion, if you’re not then don’t waste your time.
As a manager you have no work/life balance. Your constantly working overtime unpaid, and you have to constantly communicate with staff even after you leave for the day. Dm expect managers to send reports, answer emails and go on conference calls on your days off and vacations. The only positive aspect of this job is that it pays well and you make commission so if that’s all you care about then you will love it.
Honestly they actually care about you! They go out of their way to make sure you enjoy where you work with different incentive programs but they have fantastic benefits that allow you to properly take care of yourself!
There’s so much opportunity for growth, and the entire time you have everyone supporting you and helping you succeed
I personally really enjoyed working for WOW! I love technology and it was a blast to work with phones everyday and getting to know the newest and latest devices. My coworkers and management were amazing. They always had my back if I ever needed a day or had to work around my college schedule. Really enjoyed working for them, have nothing bad to say at all!
Need better management and communication from senior leadership. Too many changes at the last minute and need a better direction in operations of the kiosk.
Have to be willing to put yourself out their and willing to be a talkative individual, While also having to be quick on you're feet to win over customers. Brand recognition is still developing, so you'll definitely need to fight for sales. But this will teach you a lot if you take advantage.
I had an average experience working there, management is not good.

I would never go with a full heart and mind to work because the manager was not the best
I really enjoyed working for WOW. It is a great environment with an excellent commission structure. However, the company keeps bad employees because they have good sales.
Pros
Great commission structure
Cons
Kiosk in the middle of the mall
Horrible management, worked for 3 years, went through 8 managers, if you work to long they try to get rid of you. This job has everything upside down, upper-managemnt acts like a cult. This is not a good environment to learn the industry.
Started with the company when it first launched and had the opportunity to build out store operations and hire a strong team. The culture was great as both vendors and head office provided great brand training.
Great people and culture :)
Focused on coaching behaviours and results will follow, Great management training through SPEM.

They set you up for success if you want it !
I loved the company and everything it stood for. Management was great. If you are a forward-thinker that enjoys making money helping people pick the right device, then you'll enjoy it. Great pay and benefits for a pretty lax job. Can be boring at times (slow days). Opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Commission, Competetive hourly rate, easy job.
Cons
Not always busy, lots of product knowledge.