WorleyParsons Employee Reviews

Senior Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Redwater, AB12 December 2017
Great place to work, good corporate culture, management and staff are inspirational, they make each person feel like part of the team, making it easy to set goals and achieve your goals.
Good company
JM Scaffolder (Current Employee) –  Saturn12 December 2017
One of the better company's I've worked for in the last few years. Small group of people and everyone help each other. Always seem to have work in Alberta or BC
Productive with fun
Sr. PIPING DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2017
I liked the workplace culture. Always motivated and educated. Environment is completely friendly. The management is very supportive and working as a one team to complete the task in schedule time.
workplace
Sr. Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 November 2017
WorleyParsons working environment is a pleasant and enjoyable place to learn and explore new possibilities. The people are happy and easy to get along with. A Company where people of diverse culture continue to thrive and flourish every passing years.
Pros
When people enjoy their work they accomplish a better job
Cons
They may over-enjoy the pleasantry
Great work Culture, very challenging work.
Senior Automation Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2017
Great team building. Lots of cultural celebrations and they have something for all. Very inclusive management. Great people. Very technical and excellent Quality systems.
Big school to me.
QAQC (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB26 November 2017
Worley Parsons is an international Company. i worked there for 3 years. I learned so many things. I did my best while i was working there and my manager was really satisfied with me. Unfortunately slow days came and lay off was inevitable.
Roller Coster
Principle Instrument & Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Billings, MT25 November 2017
Most of its business comes from hydrocarbon. Hence you will be on a roller coster ride no matter how good you are. austerity measures have axed most of distinct benefits. Keep looking while you are on the job.
Pros
Dynamic and Challenging if you dare
Cons
No stability
It is a work place can use my skill
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2017
At WorleyParsons I can use my skills to contribute to the company. As team member, everybody works together to achieve comment goal. Hard worker are recognized.
Pros
Company events
Cons
Project based
Excellent group to work with.
HSE Manager (Former Employee) –  Nelson, BC8 November 2017
This company has a high degree of project professional where you are part of team and decisions are discussed and made by the project team. A high level of safety culture excists.
Pros
Very proferssional
Cons
All project personnel were very professional
Project HSE Manager (Contractor-term position) (Former Employee) –  Hebron, PE8 November 2017
The work was both educational and rewarding in many ways.The project required a high level of safety supervision and mentoring with the trades workers.
Freedom of work
Chief Engineer, Electrical (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2017
Excellent Team work, freedom to work , excellent technical resources available, wide variety of industrial projects, lot of opportunity to learn and advance in career.
Pros
Lot of organisational support
Cons
Tomuch reprts to be generated
Typical construction job
Welding apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 November 2017
work more hours and more days than other contractors on site, paid a bit higher than average though. Lay off crazy, often called back based on merit but mostly based on who you are friends with. Decent advancement opportunity. Fairly poorly managed, promotions were done based on who was friends with who and not who would be the best foreman ect. All in all fairly typical.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
bad hours, cliquey
Caring Environment
Lead/Senior Planner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2017
A pleasant work environment with some opportunities for growth.

- Good Culture
- Friendly Environment
- Good Management Team
- Qualified People to work with
Good companies to work for with global possibilities.
Mechanical/Inspection Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON31 October 2017
Both Shell and WorleyParsons are, in my opinion, good companies to work for. They offer good benefits and reasonable flexibility for hours. The most difficult part is the long hours during shutdowns/turnarounds. The best part is the internal kudos for a job well done that exceeds expectations.
A well manage engineering company.
Senior Planner/ Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 October 2017
One of the best companies I worked with. As a contractor staff I was given the same opportunity and growth specially during lean times. They value talent and potential and is always supportive despite of downfall in current economic times.
looking for change
Senior Project Estimator (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON21 October 2017
- a typical day at work involves working with all the engineering disciplines in developing deliverables required for esitmating
- learned the processes involved in a Major EPC/EPCM company
- management within the company is rather inconsistent
- workplace culture was poor
- hardest part of job was time management as so much reliance on deliverables from others.
- enjoyable part of the job was effective us of all my previous skills gained from other jobs
WorleyParsons
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 October 2017
WorleyParsons was a great company to work for given their size. There was opportunity for career advancement, on the job training, raises, varieties of lunch and learns, extensive benefits, and team building events. The only place where they totally failed was their "work/life balance". They instated a totally inflexible schedule that would give employees every second Friday off, but it came at a price. You had to work 44 hours on week 1, and 36 hours on week 2. This meant you were working 9.5 hour days, not including breaks. If you took an hour for lunch that meant you were at work for 10.5 hours. Add in average travel time in Calgary and you are away from home for 12 hours or more. Absolutely no forethought given to childcare schedules or dogs left home all day. You were expected to schedule all appointments on your Friday off - even though many physicians do not work Fridays. It was infuriating. But corporate patted themselves on the backs saying what a good job they did giving all their employees such great "work/life balance".
Pros
Training and Career Advancement
Cons
Work Life Balance
One of the best
CIVIL/STRUCTURAL ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 October 2017
My personal experience with Worley was more than satisfactory. I can easily say that it was one of the best organizations I have ever been. You will have great resources and opportunities to sharpen your skills. I heard it may change from one location to other however I can ensure that Calgary and Edmonton offices are great to work with.
Productive, fun and safe workplace
General Foreman (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 October 2017
I've been working with Worley Parsons for 10 years now and they have always kept me busy even through the hard times. they have a great safety culture and management team throughout the entire company.
Pros
Great salary, good management team, awesome safety culture
WorleyParsonsCord
Home Office Support (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2017
WPC runs like a dictatorship, with good snacks. If you're a junior level employee in the office, do not expect to receive any kind of mentorship or training formally or informally. This is a place for mid level employees, with little tolerance for mistakes.

Every Monday the whole home office staff meets together. This is a good place to learn public speaking in front of a room of up to 80 people. Management actively provides updates and information on upcoming projects. It's great to hear it from the horse's mouth and have a chance to represent yourself.

From what I've seen, you either dive in with the sharks and become a hammerhead yourself, or leave in tears. Reasonably fun place to work, extremely fast-paced, and tons of frustration due to lack of planning. Everyone has been completely overloaded with work since oil prices dropped, so expect to work for free and give up the odd weekend; No OT.
Pros
Company is leading the industry
Cons
unreasonable workload

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WorleyParsons. Our community is ready to answer.