WorleyParsons Employee Reviews

Found 502 reviews matching the search See all 1,443 reviews
excellent
Mod Yard Labourer/Trades Helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 November 2018
Great place to work, friendly atmosphere great management team excellent supervision lots and lots of overtime, great benefits package.definately I will recommend this place.
Pros
lunch breaks good
Cons
mandatory overtime
Typical large industrial construction company
Site Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 October 2018
The best part of the job was the relationships built with the tradesmen in the field. Management was supportive and expectations were well defined. The only downside was job security was limited to actual work in hand and not on backlog of work to be done at a later date. IE: when the project was finished, you were laid off and not brought in to home office to prepare for the next job.
Pros
Supportive home office supervision
Cons
Disorganized field supervision
Great experience
HSE Coordinator/Advisor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Conklin, AB5 October 2018
Awesome Company with a positive and successful safety culture. I learned a new Incident Investigation and Health management program. Hardest part of my job was getting to know the 200 plus workers on my project. The most enjoyable part of my job was the ability to help workers complete their tasks in a safe and productive manor
Pros
Working for a general Contractor with multiple trades and services
Cons
six and a half hour comute to the work site
Interesting work, generally good people, a bit clicky
Administration (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 October 2018
Administrative duties generally included reviewing long technical reports for the consulting staff and preparing them for the client. Few diversions from this work.
Began to learn the task of writing minutes with little direction or useful criticism.
There is a need to train admin staff a little better however, there may have been two contributing factors to this challenge. 1,a language barrier between one of the two people that trained me and myself and 2, the second person training me had applied and was denied my position. These two factors may have been contributors to my discontent and may have kept me from picking things up as quickly as what I would have liked.
Management was mostly absent and took little time to provide instructions, perhaps a style.
Some people were very supportive and helpful others not.
Generally a good place to work.
Pros
Great benefits/pay
Cons
You have to know what you are doing to be successful
I loved working with Worley throughout
Sr. Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 June 2018
It was the most enjoyable learning experience of my professional life. Typically everyone is mutually very helpful and work culture is excellent.
Good management supportive and encouraging to engineers whether young or old. Also providing lots of learning opportunities and continuous training.
In nut shell I liked Worley too much without any hiccups and did not find any hardest part in job to describe.
I enjoyed all along, so no complaints except they let go people like me due to sudden downturn in the engineering sector.
Pros
Very good work culture, very supportive bosses and colleagues, good Salary and recognition, Respectful atmosphere
Cons
Nothings come to mind except shortage of some technical standard of their own
Great training opportunities
Lead Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON29 October 2018
It is a good place to start, but if you need better salaries you need to switch to other companies after a while.

The work environment is often professional and less of office politics as compared to other big EPCs.
Good company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 December 2018
Respectful management and lots of opportunities to learn new thing. Due to oil downturn they had to go through a whole bunch of reorganization which made them more profitable
A great company to work for
Vegetation Ecologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2019
Love working for WorleyParsons. They have a great office culture and really appreciate their employees. I love my team and enjoy the diversity of projects.
Great company, hard times
iM Support Technician II (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL4 May 2018
Great company, met a lot of amazing people.

Unfortunately during hard times, management was disorganized, and employees were asked to work multiple roles when staff were laid off or terminated. No pay raise for years, even when taking on extra work or a promotion. Also took away a lot of benefits. Helpful suggestions were never taken serious or even acknowledged.

Company did what was needed to survive during hard times, hopefully it has bounced back.
Pros
Relaxing environment, lots of support
Cons
Reorganization during hard times took a lot away from employees
Good company with potential to become great again.
SENIOR PROJECT CONTROL LEAD (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2018
Days are packed and busy as a project life should be.

Some really great people work within the organization. Some of their main clients are wonderful to work with as well.

Volunteering efforts are embraced as well as family/life/work balance.

Get to know the people in management, they are open door policy people and want to know you. This helps with advancement and knowing what is coming next for projects.

Comprehensive Benefits and a good HR group.

It's expected to reach further do more, do more which compromises the work/life balance. Learn to say no but still deliver quality with efficiency.
Pros
Nice clean work space, fair policies, great people
Cons
All organizations have this, you know what it is... rise above, do your best, go home and leave it behind.
amazing
Lead hand (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB29 October 2018
Amazing learning curve in my life. Really helped me learn a lot and helped with my overall Career growth, would recommend a job as a Lead hand.........
Another huge Company
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Alberta/BC16 October 2018
ive done plenty of projects over the years with various Managers and nothing changes ,If they need you your hired, if not no interaction.
its more of who you know to get hired nowadays, HR is unapproachable and submitting a general application/ resume is impossible.
Benefits have been cut back, but thats every where.
Pros
Hourly rates are good. Length of projects usually over a year in length
Cons
Decreased Benefit packages, Hard to get hired.your more of a number now.
Not great for career exposure
PIPING DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 September 2018
WorleyParsons has good salary's and benefits however don't expect to get a wide range of exposure. You may get stuck doing the same type of work repeatedly. Big company mentality. You are just a number
Pros
good salary
Cons
no exposure
productive and fun workplace
Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 May 2018
management is really good and the workplace culture is enjoyable and fun to work. A lot of new things first year apprentice can learn while working with experienced people.
They like social people, not professional people
Principle Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 June 2018
This company has the talent to identify good engineers and laid them off. It is full of social people instead of professional people. There's no perfect company, but this company in deed developed kind of culture in a very different way from to be professional.
Work in WP is like working for yourself
Senior Instrumentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 July 2018
In WP management was very supporting and appreciating that is objective oriented.
The hardest part is to meet the project schedule.
WP Team was like a family.
The best part was to get client satisfation
Pros
Best professional experience in Canada
Cons
Great company to work with
SENIOR AUTOMATION DESIGNER (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON18 July 2018
A company with good focus on project management. Great opportunity for growth. They take great care of employees and provide good feed back on how projects were carried out. Lessons Learned)
Good place to work for
Senior Instrumentation and Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2018
Good place to work for. Management is proactive in providing opportunities for advancement. Got along well with supervisors, management and co-workers.
A well oiled monster of a machine
Subcontractor, Journeyman B Pressure Rig Welder (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB20 April 2018
Everything flows smoothly and efficiently. I learned to fit pipe extremely well due to the sheer volume. Management was very professional. I miss it..
Pros
Long Hours/ Overtime
Cons
Work ourselves out of a job sometimes
Poor management and recruiting
Apprentice Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 July 2018
They easily black list you from ever regaining work just because you take a few days off for being sick when you come back to work they lay you off. Then when you reapply for work they won't rehire you. They judge you from the past other than work experience. Wages and benefits are good.
Pros
Wages and benefits
Cons
Not recognizing former employees for there work experience and ability to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WorleyParsons. Our community is ready to answer.