Worley

Worley Employee Reviews

If they think you’re a good worker they’ll do their best to keep a guy busy and money in the bank account they’ll move you around if necessary if there’s no work where you previously were
I was lucky to work with a multidiscipline company at the client site to do the design on both greenfield and brownfield improvement projects fom basic to commissioning, see the result of my work, and learn how design more efficiently.
Great company to work for, the only downside is that the job lacked job security. Although I worked with Worley for about 12 years, there has always been a sense of insecurity lingering over my head as the economy and the Oil&Gas industry has been very unstable for the duration.Other than that, great company with great management. It's like a big giant global family.
Good company to work for, however if your project has an ignorant construction manager, makes for a stressful project overall. Cronyism definitely exists which is totally unacceptable in any industry. Many good foremen and general foremen, however there are some good trades people with poor people skills occupying these positions. The HR lead I had to deal with is a bold face liar, and manipulator, possessing poor ethics, better suited for a position in Ottawa, or Washington DC. There are fantastic HR people under her. The Worley Construction overall lead, is highly intelligent, stern, strict, but fair if he is apprised of factual data. Good safety culture, good tools and equipment provided to trades people. If you land in their inner circle, you are set. If you are a fantastic trades person, but an independent thinker, you have your work cut out for you. Groupthink, hive mind culture is prevalent, as is anywhere, proves to be a challenge and an impediment to human progress. By and large, Worley is a company I was proud to work for, they possess great talent, access to resources, access to great projects, great safety, competitive journeyman rate. Worked on 7 great projects with Worley over the last decade, enjoyed most of it, but in the end was shat upon and lied to, for my loyalty and ardent endeavor. Cest la vie.
Pros
Great projects, excellent safety culture
Cons
Poor quality HR lead in Edmonton, a few seriously flawed construction managers and general foremen.
Enjoyed work there. The work load was just right. Great autonomy and room for valid ideas and suggestions. Great management and great culture. A real equal
Pros
Lots of swag
Cons
None really
Loved working for worley and great people to work with.I can start work asap. They never let me down always a pleasure working for them. I can work around EDM Sherwood park area or out of town.
The management is very malicious and conniving, if your not bending over for them you will get greased. They preach safety but all is forgotten once your in the field. If there is a way to do it cheaper - they do, including slashing your wages. Better companies out there.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Cheap, Terrible treatment and no loyalty to workers
Workplace culture is great. Flexible hours. Organized standards and procedures. HSE adherence. benefits are great including Life insurance and disability.
The people who were there with previous company are still there they kept new people and lay me off I was working at this location about 8 years but same people same problems I had
Cons
I worked there for over a decade, they treat employees terribly, they only hire the bare minimum of journeymen and rely on apprentices that they pigeon hole and overwork. Dispite have a good connection.to RDC, they create terrible tradeworkers and apprentices and the experince and tickets they give are literally useless elsewhere. The management, formen and GF's are all friends who ostracize new people and know the system so well that they avoid any accountability or hard work.
Pros
Fair rate, good safety culture
Cons
No loyalty, minimal leadership and experince with management and crew leaders, little to no respect for employees, work ethic and zero accountability
This company is entrenched in the old boys club mentality and let go of talented employees to ensure friends and family have job security. The middle management style and leadership is non existent and void of direction and basic leadership/mentoring ability.
Pros
Cons
would not recomend to anyone
Ceo should talk to some of upper mangmt and tell them not to tell their employees one thing and then decide to do another and not give someone a legitamite chance like the companys policies that are supposed to be followed and are not being done so.Other employees still working there went through drug program but I still got terminated after participating in same thing and the councellors saying I was fit and able to return to work two weeks later.Thanks a lot jamie .Gr.
Pros
depending on who you are there.favoritizm towards some employees.
Cons
drug program does not apply to everyone fairly, Railroad you surely..
Great place to work, definitely a competitive work setting. They do need to re-organize some of their management though. Really tight deadlines. Overall a good experience
The office location was horrible. It took for me 2.5 or 3 hours to drive back. Some of my tasks I had to accomplish using wrong software. Used AutoCAD instead of Auto CAD Civil 3D.
hard to understand management some days, nobody seemed to care much about employees just get the work done to make them look good. Tell workers to rat out fellow workers. What a joke the job in Dawson was,management had their favorites. I was not one of them because I spoke my mind.
Pros
a chair in the lunch trailer
Cons
not telling workers of covid virus up dates, telling workers one thing but doing other things
Worked at the Module yard and fabrication shop. Old tools, lack of leadership, sexist, low morale, fight for new tools or enough tools. High turnover rate, mediocre pay...
The stress this company can put on people is ridiculous. I've never seen a Mod Yard Manager scream until he has veins in his neck at over 100 trades people. Stay away if you can. This place needs work.
Not a horrible place to work but not the best either. They do like to threaten the field crews and personnel with firings for a whole bunch of ridiculous reasons. Overall my experience was just okay.
You would show up at 6:45 am, for the daily safety meeting. Which was really just the construction manager telling everyone how bad they were at their job for 15 minutes, He would also inform us that we would have to pick up our socks every day. He held our jobs over our heads as if he could fire you any given day he decided. They had a very poor culture there as far as management and worker relations.
I had a great career with worley until I was paid off due to covid virus appearing from nowhere would be glad to work for them again in future start at six thirty work for. twelve hours plenty of opportunity to to move up in job plenty of courses
Worley is a good company to work with just like every company they have some problem and flaws but they have good people to deal with this...most of the managers are approachable and most of the supervision are knowledgeable and good to work with.a lot of talented people out the field.looking forward to work for them again I’ve been with the company for almost 8years..
  1. Employee reviews