Worley
Happiness score is 64 out of 100

Working at Worley: Employee Reviews

Canada635 reviews

Found 635 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,108 reviews

Worley could be much better

I would recommend the company for management or anyone who is mid to senior level. The advancement opportunities that you are told about would be posted externally and when asked about it they would become very defensive. Have been promised a raise for almost 3 years but still haven't got it. In my opinion they are a good company to work for if you have an established career but for anyone who is looking to move up the ladder this isn't the company to do that.

Pros

Benefits are better than average, The average work schedule gives you half day Fridays

Cons

Management(company is very top heavy), Advancement Opportunities, Compensation(you can negotiate your salary when you start but don't hold your breath for that raise), Advancement Opportunities

Contract based... frequently hiring and laying people off

You're just a number on a page. No one cares about you. They will drop you in a heartbeat if it saves them a dollar. The management is located in a different city and they don't know the people on the ground working. There is zero budget for training. Advancement is non existent.

Cons

lots.

Insights into Worley

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Good colleagues within my department and all departments, management not so friendly

Work was interesting with colleagues in same department helpful to show me the ropes to get me familiarized.Work was to check and investigate production problems raised by users from its subsidiaries in different parts of Canada regarding project accounting for projects, month end payroll, et al. + consolidate payroll details in Excel spreadsheet based on format given by payroll master, and other accounting consolidations.Top management (C-level) was not friendly / approachable. Immediate supervisor good.Most enjoyable was Friday mornings whereby colleagues from other department bought donuts and put them on pantry table with note "Public Domain - 1st come, 1st serve." That was very nice of the guy who did this. Colleagues were friendly towards foreigners like myself and others in my department. :-)

Classic oil and gas BS. They promise the best and get something not the best

Worked for them on and off for 10 years wages have gone down. The perks are not there anymore. Still if your just starting out its way to sacrifice some of your life for some money to get ahead.

Process Engineer

I loved it in this place. Would have stayed if layoffs did not happen due to oil prices. Would love to go back one day. Some people who are know it all, but most are helpful and collaborative.

Awesome job

I loved this job. Everything about it. Highly recommend. People were great, perfect shift, very accommodating. Always something new to do so not repetitive. Favorite job I have had.

Good Company treated fairly paid well

Good company. Management was very easy to talk to and wanted to help. The moral was great everyone wanted to help. Pay was good. They treated there employees with respect.

Pros

Management was very approachable. Good moral with crew members

Cons

Long waits for material to do job sometimes.

Toxic - stay away

Stay far , far away away. Toxic and management are liars. This company will work you hard and instead of rewarding you for unpaid hours of work, your job gets outsourced to a foreign country. No loyalty even if you are committed. You are just a number to them,

Pros

Cons

slave labour

unfair management

unfair management, lots of favoritism especially in the Sarnia office. they didn't care about your hard work and even though how much effort you contribute to them they will not recognize you, so if you have a chance don't work there

Pros

Don't work there

Cons

unfair management, lots of favoritism especially in the Sarnia office.

Work Culture is very inclusive

Excellent work culture and supportive leads. One should expect to be working on multiple projects. People respect project timelines and coordinate well with each other.

Pros

Disciplined, Productive and Calm Working Environment

Cons

Frequent Management Changes

it's a good place to work

Worley is a very good place to work.Managements level are not bad but not very goodWhen project is close to end decision making is not fair at all Job security is very low. but overall is good place

Pros

relaxing and friendly environment

Cons

job security is very low

Excellent collaborative environment

I worked in Worley for almost 9 years i gained alot of experience in all domains, engineering, information management and leadership. Im appreciative to Worley and the leadership team for entrusting me to handle few key programs and projects which had a huge footprint in boosting the economy and growing the business.

Not my favourate place to work anymore!

Company has some potentials and some good, talented employees...but you see too many changes in company structure; upper management is always looking to find a way to do things cheaper rather than more efficient. Doing everything with less cost comes before treating employees properly and finishing projects for some clients as promised...Too many lay offs and usually no normal salary increases (regardless of performance reviews) after multiple years. I know many people that recently decided to quit their jobs as well. Many projects are sent to other countries with lower salary wages and lower quality of work...

Pros

Still some good people work there

Cons

Usually no advancement, no salary increase, too many changes (try and error), cost management much more important than people and quality of work

Good place to work, but fast paced.

I liked the work and the people I worked with. Department heads were approachable. Deadlines made the environment tense at times, but overall atmosphere was fast paced and professional.

Pros

Project town hall lunches, social club organized great year end parties and gold tournaments.

Cons

Deadlines made work a little tense and department heads a little stressed.

No shortage of well paid work.

Just started. So far so good. Good crew, good hustle, good immediate supervisors. Adequate tools/materials. Acceptable safety culture. Knowledgeable peers. Adheres to Covid 19 protocols.

Pros

Top competitive wages.

Cons

Lacking some communication.

The work there was difficult. People were instructed to work from home after Covid and there was very little support from managers.

There was no job security; management constantly badgered leads to send hours offshore with no regard for their people here. People were often worried for their jobs and the morale was low.

Pros

It was a job

Cons

Not a healthy place to work

Just a number.

Pushy, The management is very rude and treats you like scum! Go go atmosphere and quick to jump down your throat if you mess up. Some good guys but not the management.

Good company to work for and treat their employees fair

I was hired through the Union for a maintenance contract. I was initially hired for Forklift Operator but someone else was given the position I was supposed to be there for but work is work and I'm up for any task at hand. I enjoyed setting up snow fencing and cleaning out Confined Spaces and cleaning the work areas. Kept me busy and the shifts went by fast. Coworkers were great to work with. The foreman was fair to us all and gave good instructions on the duties that needed to be done each shift. I'd work for Worley again. To bad they don't necessarily keep Labourers full time. Only when needed for maintenance or shutdowns.

Pros

Pays well being a Laborer in the union. Night shift pays $3 more per hour

Cons

Short work period and no chance of getting hired full-time if you're a Laborer

WorleyParsons Burnaby 2012-2016

I worked at WorleyParsons Burnaby for the better part of nearly 4 years. I started work at the tail end of my graduate degree, and was really the formative experience of my early career. I was thrown in with a group of extremely seasoned engineers, nearly all in their 40's and 50's. This was during Canada's mid 2010's commodities boom/supercycle, and there was a HUGE amount of work for a couple of years. This was an excellent place to learn engineering, great contacts, great client list. I really had a lot of positive things to say about this experience.

Pros

Great first job, great exposure to projects, really top notch mentors, lots of opportunities to work in worldwide network of offices

Cons

Really low salaries, nonexistent raises, lots of job instability with huge hiring/layoff waves depending on project wins/losses

No job to job follow through

Asked to stay to complete a project within timelines and it ended up leaving me to miss other opportunities. Showed up fit for duty in a good mood every shift. Nepotism is alive and practiced every project. No comunication once you complete a project. No employment follow through.

Pros

Pay close to commensurate qualifications

Cons

Takes many weeks to get payroll issues fixed.

Dodge WP!

Worley Cord is one of the worse places to work. The people are rude , have no time to teach new people , no team environment , make people feel left out . The believe speed and quaintly over quality. Staff are finger pointers and do not own their mistakes . Human Resources is rude , doesn’t answer questions or emails . If your a rude person , only lookout for your self and believe that speed and sloppy work is ok , this is the place for you!

Pros

Cons

You name it !

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Worley. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement