Worley
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Worley Employee Reviews

Canada593 reviews
Worked for 10 years would work for worley again
I had a great career with worley until I was paid off due to covid virus appearing from nowhere would be glad to work for them again in future start at six thirty work for. twelve hours plenty of opportunity to to move up in job plenty of courses
Looks good
Worley is a good company to work with just like every company they have some problem and flaws but they have good people to deal with this...most of the managers are approachable and most of the supervision are knowledgeable and good to work with.a lot of talented people out the field.looking forward to work for them again I’ve been with the company for almost 8years..
Be prepared for lay offs
Engineering is a difficult business
You will be laid off if they don’t have Projects to bill to

Worley has vast experience and great knowledge One of the best companies
A good company to work for when the work is available
I worked on a Contract basis for this company for many years, and was always the last to get laid off at any jobsite when the Contract was over, but the work is just not there right now, so I need to find something else.
Edmonton branch was totally the worst
A manager did not like me and made it quite clear until he had me dismissed my opinion was he was scared that i wanted his job, Calgary and Pasadena in California was totally different and much more pleasant. Enjoyable place to work.
Absence of corporate culture and focus on selling inefficient manhours
Before being acquired by Worley, Colt Engineering (the company who hired me) was the center of excellence for pipeline engineering, with a great corporate culture, and outstanding people. After the acquisition, processes became cumbersome, communication became challenging, management became inaccessible, and trust starts to dissipate.
Former Worley employee
Excellent company. I had the opportunity to work at Worley with a very talented group of coworkers. My expectation is to have the opportunity to work at Worley again.
Marsh
May be other offices are different, but my place are not for self-motivated people willing professional grow.
Workplace culture - what it is meaning?
Fast pace shutdown environment requires self starters
Requires a strong work ethic and industrial background focused mainly on mechanical piping, with support of civil and electrical trades. Requires good planning and decision making skills.
Project delivery oriented and technically sound workplace.
It is a good company. Very professional. Technically sound engineering. It has a lot of experience in refinery and petrochemical industry, in mega projects to small projects, this is the field where I worked. Technical resources are immense, plenty of people, across the globe, with lots of technical knowledge you can seek help from.
People are very skilled and helpful. I did not get to know the management much.

I can say, in the company from top to bottom everyone is very safety conscious and everyone is committed 'Zero Harm'. Also, company is very ethically upright.

Hope they have a lot of projects going.
No Input
I prefer not to rate this company any further than I have done above. I think the company needs to improve on systems and vision and care less about the bottom line and billability.
Not good for long term
When times are busy lots of work when it’s slow management saves themselves
They have random discussions openly about who are we going to lay off today

I couldn’t believe the lies the General super and the mod yard leader the lavinator and the painer and the mccomplainer all related to one another

Cover ups on a lot of nasty stuff throw you under the bus chaps. My time there is done never to return to such children
Safety conscious, multi-cultural, never routine
Working in collaboration with multi-discipline engineering, reviewing policies/procedures related to procurement. Competitive bidding with approved manufactures on Syncrude listing of vendors. Tracking RFQ to PO to delivery to invoicing with daily report updating. Liason between client and vendors to ensure cost and schedules are met.
Had lots of work at the time.
The pay was fair had lots of work ! Great big company to the point were its easy to become a number, if your into that its a great job. Saftey was top notch.
Good overall company to work for I worked there for 12 years never missed a day . Then things got slow and got laid off and no call back .
Fast paced work that I did i was very involved in the company from conversing with all divisions management , engineers , project managers , foreman , Forman , site management etc.
Relaxed place to work
Management is very supportive, people are friendly and helpful, the hours are flexible and standard 40 hours work week. The office is respectful and very supportive
Was a good place to work
Had no problems good guys to work with had fun not enough hours only 40 a week no ot but made some friends and some enemy would go back if I had tonnnnn
Pros
Good people
Cons
Hours
Disengagaed
I found Worley to be poorly managed based entirely on personal preferences rather than competency. The management structure is chaotic and reactionary and there work/life balance is non existent.
good culture excellent work/home balance
excellent people- good upper management, fast paced but still time to do your job without pressure or cutting corners. 10 hour work days so 3 day weekends, good teamwork.
Just ok, never safe
Used to be a great collaborative place to work...due to globalization and running "lean" to stay competitive the collaboration has been shelved and has become more self preservation.
Out of town work
They basically pay you really good to be away from home/family and NOT get hurt. I worked on the tools and everyone was pretty knowledgeable and experienced. Supervision is touch and go a few good ones and of course the ones that can't work so give them a hat. I always seem to make my way back to Worley somehow. Like anywhere as soon as you get there you want out.