World Health logo
World Health

World Health Employee Reviews for Receptionist

Helped membership better Health.

Ensuring Saftey and Security of Membership. Registering membership in; greeting; creating sales; collecting membership dues cash and digital sales. Learning curve very short. Work briefly at many locations. Trained my existing workers. Two days and then on your own. I needed to be an investigator to wind answeres.

Pros

Industry to promote wellness.

Cons

Mostly nights

Backstabbers

Horrible management. Management will look for any reason to fire or demote competent staff. They have MAJOR double standards and they're misogynistic.

Amazing work environment

At such high paced locations the staff from reception, fitness consult's, personal trainers, fitness mangers, reception managers and general manager have become one big family. While the most enjoyable part of the job is all the amazing members that in through the doors and the bond many of us now share.

Great environment and met great co-workers.

Handled the cash register. • Collected and counting the money at the end of every shift. • Handled incoming correspondences (mails, emails and faxes). • Selling gym memberships. • Answered incoming calls and welcomed customers.

Pros

Free gym time

Cons

Hated the long hours and the flexible shifts.

No perks

Your expected to exceed the expectations with out any rewards or incentives. I worked Recpection and the best part getting to know the regulars. There are many complaints to which managers do nothing about and it is easily reflected in other areas of the club and the company The pay is very very minimal for the work load as well the extra normal asked to be done and there is no hope for advancement The only pro is a free gym membership

Pros

Free membership

Cons

Long hours, called in on days off, angry members due to managers

Perfect job for customer service experience and learning multitasking

Typical day is answering phones, dealing with member issues, scanning members in (on a busy day, you'll probably scan in up to 300 members during your shift), signing in guests, and doing the paperwork of the other positions in the club. It can get pretty hectic during busy hours because you are multitasking phone calls, while scanning members in, while printing off receipts for those who have a trainer, while having to sign in a guest, etc., all at the same time. Hours are only flexible if you have coworkers who are willing to work with you around your schedule. If they can't then your SOL because you're responsible for your shift. Only reason I haven't quit yet is because it's convenient while I'm in school and for the free gym membership.

Pros

Free gym membership, discount on personal training

Cons

Inflexible work hours, not very good pay for the amount of work we do

Fun and exciting work place

I loved working at world health. When i first started there I had a wonderful manager ! She was absolutely amazing and encouraging. I loved meeting and building bonds with the clientele. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry members but the best part of the job was building relationships with the regulars.

free membership

energetic environment to work at but the management is terrible and employees and members are treated poorly no benefits free gym membership is provided

Pros

free gym membership

receptionist

Each day I would either open or close the store, take care of all money and deposits. I would answer all calls and attend to all customers

Very positive environment

My typical day at this job is transferring calls to appropriate person, encouraging new people to sign up at the gym, signing in guests ensuring they do not have any outstanding balances. It is a wonderful environment because everyone is very happy overall, and my favorite part of this job is after being there as long as I have knowing how to solve problems myself and handling situations myself is my favorite part. Systems get updated often so their is always something new to learn which keeps me on my toes. The only downfall to this job is when people cannot afford their memberships or training, emotions get the best of them. By the end of the conversation, providing proof, explanations and solutions to the problem the shift always ends well.

Pros

free gym membership

Cons

low pay rate

Good job for someone right out of school

A typical day at work is very mindless and boring. The most enjoying part of the job is the people.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Not much to do, Mindless work
  • World Health