World Health logo
World Health

World Health Employee Reviews for Personal Trainer

Working Conditions There is a strong emphasis on safety while working with machinery. Industrial mechanics may do primarily construction work, plant maintenance work or a combination of both. They often work in close association with other trades people such as machinists, instrument technicians, welders, electricians and steamfitter-pipefitters. Working conditions for industrial mechanics vary from one job to another. On construction job sites, they are exposed to a variety of weather conditions. In plant maintenance, they may work indoors and outdoors. Hours of work may vary and shift work and some overtime may be required.

Not the best place to work.

Is only a good place if you can sell thousandths of dallors worth the Personal training. If your buisness starts falling apart They get rid of you. Worked for this place 7 yrs. Management is not helpful, nor are some of thier employees. They only think about #1. Not you as a person. They just want $$$$$. Go somewhere appreciated.

Pros

0 pros

Horrible pay

They pay personal trainers horribly. 9$ for 45 minute consultations. Is that even legal??Favour sales over educated good trainersMasks are optional for members even during consultations which is very unsafe for workers. Very unorganized head office and managers. Takes days or weeks to get responses. Personal trainers have to check their paystub’s constantly to make sure they got paid for all the clients.

Pros

Free membership

Cons

Poor management, unfair pay

GREAT for new/learning trainers, terrible for well established

Great place to learn the job and get good at it. Not so great when they stop providing clients (to be fair economy doesn't help), so what is the incentive?

Pros

Free continuing education courses, free membership

Cons

Hard to keep full clientele, do more work than what you are paid for

Lost Focus

World Health is locally owned and operated, however it operates as though they are publicly traded. Unfortunately, they miss a huge opportunity to be a part of the community by focusing on the number of memberships rather than the members they already have. I have asked specific questions on "anonymous" questionnaires (and have put my name on it to not be ambivalent) to not get any answers.

Pros

Free Membership, awesome relationships

Cons

Tough to get footing, pay is not what it could be

Fast paced and great management

Loved working at World Health. Management was awesome and helped teach me a lot. I grew and moved up within the company towards where I wanted to get. The culture is great. I have some life long friends from there.

Pros

Work family, amazing members

Cons

Long hours, not salary

Good starter job for Personal Training

Very good job to start out if you are looking to become a personal trainer. It is a grind and you have to be willing to commit a lot of time in order to make a living.

Pros

Good starter job

Cons

Lots of commitment required

Good Atmosphere, enjoyable job, great team

This is a great place to work however being essentially 100% commission based can lead to poor financial security. Typical day consists of preparing workouts for clients, supervising clients through workouts and staying on top of selling more training to clients. There are generally 1 team meeting and 1 one on one meeting with your manager a month which are not a problem as important information is discussed. The job itself is great but the necessity to be constantly selling training in order to maintain your business is tiring and the effect clients going on vacation or getting sick or you yourself becoming ill has on your own personal income can be a lot to bare. Also your schedule has to cater to all your clients jobs so often to work 6-8 hours you need to be available for 10-14 which makes having a life outside the gym a bit difficult.

Pros

Great people, decent income, enjoyable job

Cons

lack of financial security, can be long hours

Worked with nice people consistently

I programmed and engaged in one to one personal training sessions involving proper warm-up, dynamic stretching, circuit training, cardio equipment, weight machines, free weights and cool down stretches. Actively participated in all sessions describing, demonstrating and assessing a variety of functional, free-weight and machine based exercises. Regularly discussed and reviewed nutritional options with my clients to assist them in good dietary choices. Sold and renewed personal training packages on a regular basis to maintain a consistent client base. You quickly realize that people buy a membership with the club but rely on personal relations during the training sessions to make the health transition a rewarding experience. The environment within the club was very upbeat and fun with all the other staff making it an enjoyable place to work. I didn't really consider anything hard task wise and the most enjoyable part of the job was sharing my knowledge and experience with clients to better help them realize their fitness goals and be engagde in a consistent healthy lifestyle.

Fun working with Clients

I really enjoyed my employment at World Health. Everyday was a new challenge in helping other reach their fitness goals. My co-workers soon turned into good friends. The gym was a great environment to work in. The hardest part of the job was the hours were not consistent due to client availability.

Pros

Free gym membership

Cons

staggered hours due to client avaliabitly

Change lives by helping people is extremely rewarding

I love people and helping them change for a better lifestyle. Following them in their efforts and encouraging them in difficult times. I'm a very personable person and I learned that I just love people in general. Even if I enjoyed what I was doing, I wasn't totally happy in my own achievement, I needed more challenges. I loved the team, I got on well with them and the management was good, I enjoyed the sales part of my work. That said...some days felt like I just counted the repetitions of the clients I trained all day long, to be honest I was bored!

Pros

team, members, interraction, rewarding

Cons

long days, not enought challenges
  • World Health