World Health logo
World Health

World Health Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Helped membership better Health.

Ensuring Saftey and Security of Membership. Registering membership in; greeting; creating sales; collecting membership dues cash and digital sales. Learning curve very short. Work briefly at many locations. Trained my existing workers. Two days and then on your own. I needed to be an investigator to wind answeres.

Pros

Industry to promote wellness.

Cons

Mostly nights

Horrible pay

They pay personal trainers horribly. 9$ for 45 minute consultations. Is that even legal??Favour sales over educated good trainersMasks are optional for members even during consultations which is very unsafe for workers. Very unorganized head office and managers. Takes days or weeks to get responses. Personal trainers have to check their paystub’s constantly to make sure they got paid for all the clients.

Pros

Free membership

Cons

Poor management, unfair pay

Working Conditions There is a strong emphasis on safety while working with machinery. Industrial mechanics may do primarily construction work, plant maintenance work or a combination of both. They often work in close association with other trades people such as machinists, instrument technicians, welders, electricians and steamfitter-pipefitters. Working conditions for industrial mechanics vary from one job to another. On construction job sites, they are exposed to a variety of weather conditions. In plant maintenance, they may work indoors and outdoors. Hours of work may vary and shift work and some overtime may be required.

Fun and exciting workplace

I loved working for World Health. It was a fun workplace with lots of training and fun team building. The only downside were the short hours. But overall great

Pros

great people

Cons

lack of hours

Great place to work but no room for advancement

I can not and will not provide any information about my work day. I still work here but am planing to leave. and so I cannot be honest in my opinion at this time.

Amazing work environment

At such high paced locations the staff from reception, fitness consult's, personal trainers, fitness mangers, reception managers and general manager have become one big family. While the most enjoyable part of the job is all the amazing members that in through the doors and the bond many of us now share.

GREAT for new/learning trainers, terrible for well established

Great place to learn the job and get good at it. Not so great when they stop providing clients (to be fair economy doesn't help), so what is the incentive?

Pros

Free continuing education courses, free membership

Cons

Hard to keep full clientele, do more work than what you are paid for

Lost Focus

World Health is locally owned and operated, however it operates as though they are publicly traded. Unfortunately, they miss a huge opportunity to be a part of the community by focusing on the number of memberships rather than the members they already have. I have asked specific questions on "anonymous" questionnaires (and have put my name on it to not be ambivalent) to not get any answers.

Pros

Free Membership, awesome relationships

Cons

Tough to get footing, pay is not what it could be

In depth sales training and great enivronment

World Health offered career opportunities for every stage of my life that is why I was able to continue with them for 9 years. The management has changed hands recently so I cannot speak for the current state of the company. I had a great history with World Health and would recommend it as a good work place.

A good community

The people that you work with really make this job special! Good way to make an impact on peoples health and lifestyle. The management is friendly and the sales part isn't a huge push all the time which is wonderful.

Pros

Free membership

Cons

not standard work hours

Not fun at all

People quit on people. No leadership in this company. The stats don’t lie, from 10 locations to 7 locations. Lack of integrity. Would not recommend.!!

Pros

Can’t think any

Cons

Terrible pay wage

Same routine 8 hrs a day.

Upon getting the job I was excited for the amount of face to face contact I was promised between guests and myself. Then reality set in and my day to day was making 60+ phone calls a day, following a cold script. Management was incredibly two-faced and was never there to help. If you're the type of person who likes sitting in an office desk making repetitive phone calls for hours and being tossed around by management, then this is the perfect job for you.

Pros

free membership, free access to classes

Cons

two-faced management

Great environment, poor management.

A place that promotes a healthy lifestyle but the management was not supportive of staff. Turn over was very high and was a discouraging place to stay positive and enjoy going in to work.

Pros

Free Gym Membership

Cons

No support from management

Perfect job for customer service experience and learning multitasking

Typical day is answering phones, dealing with member issues, scanning members in (on a busy day, you'll probably scan in up to 300 members during your shift), signing in guests, and doing the paperwork of the other positions in the club. It can get pretty hectic during busy hours because you are multitasking phone calls, while scanning members in, while printing off receipts for those who have a trainer, while having to sign in a guest, etc., all at the same time. Hours are only flexible if you have coworkers who are willing to work with you around your schedule. If they can't then your SOL because you're responsible for your shift. Only reason I haven't quit yet is because it's convenient while I'm in school and for the free gym membership.

Pros

Free gym membership, discount on personal training

Cons

Inflexible work hours, not very good pay for the amount of work we do

It may be for someone people but it definitely is not for me

The job is very repetitive, make phone calls everyday at least 50-100, find people to sign up, organize the gym and fill people's water bottle. Worse enough management does not care about you only sees you as a name and phone number machine. You only see a reward if they think you deserve it. The staff there are very two faced. But you get a free membership and benefits after 6 months. And the members were awesome. Also be aware when they hire you they don't ask when you avaviable and when they do hire you and you can't work a certain day they make a big deal

Pros

Free membership, members

Cons

Long hours, very repeptitive

Fast paced and great management

Loved working at World Health. Management was awesome and helped teach me a lot. I grew and moved up within the company towards where I wanted to get. The culture is great. I have some life long friends from there.

Pros

Work family, amazing members

Cons

Long hours, not salary

it was okay

okay job it was okay pay the employees were nice and everything is good the place was clean but was shut down a couple years ago bceuse it wsnt makinh enough and the mall wantedd new stores

Fun place to work and the staff are great but...

World Health is a fun place to work, but there is currently no room for advancement, no benefits to speak of and very little appreciation for what we as thew Facilities Team do. I am looking for a career with a company that acknowledges employees accomplishments and has the ability for advancement.

Good Atmosphere, enjoyable job, great team

This is a great place to work however being essentially 100% commission based can lead to poor financial security. Typical day consists of preparing workouts for clients, supervising clients through workouts and staying on top of selling more training to clients. There are generally 1 team meeting and 1 one on one meeting with your manager a month which are not a problem as important information is discussed. The job itself is great but the necessity to be constantly selling training in order to maintain your business is tiring and the effect clients going on vacation or getting sick or you yourself becoming ill has on your own personal income can be a lot to bare. Also your schedule has to cater to all your clients jobs so often to work 6-8 hours you need to be available for 10-14 which makes having a life outside the gym a bit difficult.

Pros

Great people, decent income, enjoyable job

Cons

lack of financial security, can be long hours

Fun workplace promoting health and longevity

Workplace was fun and healthy atmosphere to be part of. Happy people and great motivators.

receptionist

Each day I would either open or close the store, take care of all money and deposits. I would answer all calls and attend to all customers
  • World Health