World Health logo
World Health

World Health Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Work-life balance

Great part-time weekend position

the job was great as I only worked part-time on weekends and everyone I worked with was great. It was a great place to work for when I was unemployed and needed something to do. With your employment you get a gym membership.

Productive,good benefits

It was a good place to work, Enjoyed the work very much, It was a clean, fun place to work. Left because of a health issue, needed to deal with some family issues.

Pros

Great benefits and work schedule

Cons

Long commute

productive workplace

it was a fun and nice place to work although required a lot of hours even on days off. everyone was welcoming and nice and it is also very competitive.

Good staff, poor compensation

Location I worked at had very low traffic so you were pretty much resorting to telemarketing all day, no room for growth and with high staff turnover , you're expected to work 50+ hrs per week. Only plus was free membership.

No perks

Your expected to exceed the expectations with out any rewards or incentives. I worked Recpection and the best part getting to know the regulars. There are many complaints to which managers do nothing about and it is easily reflected in other areas of the club and the company The pay is very very minimal for the work load as well the extra normal asked to be done and there is no hope for advancement The only pro is a free gym membership

Pros

Free membership

Cons

Long hours, called in on days off, angry members due to managers

Good Perks

I enjoyed the workplace, everyone was always friendly. Unfortunately not much room to grow within the company. Did enjoy how much they encouraged a healthy life style.

Pros

Free membership

Cons

Low pay

Fun and exciting work place

I loved working at world health. When i first started there I had a wonderful manager ! She was absolutely amazing and encouraging. I loved meeting and building bonds with the clientele. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry members but the best part of the job was building relationships with the regulars.

free membership

energetic environment to work at but the management is terrible and employees and members are treated poorly no benefits free gym membership is provided

Pros

free gym membership

fun job in a great atmosphere

fun job but doesn't pay quite enough. 90% of your job is to cold call people and try to get them in the gym to sell them a membership. also be prepared to work 1 mandatory 12 hour shift every month

Pros

good atmosphere

Cons

hard to make good money

Growth Environment

Very warm welcoming environment, everybody is there to help you. While learning on the job make sure you seek managements perspective. They want you to succeed the most, always encouraging and uplifting. Typical day includes Phone calls, booking appointments, touring guests learning new sales techniques.

Pros

Fun envrimoment, Good Pay, Staff Social every month.

Cons

Long hours once a month

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at World Health?

Inventory Control Associate

Go to work Check E-mails Receive orders and prepare orders, data entry for distribution Order re-orders and track receiving Receive shipments and put stock away Deal with customer complaints Month end inventory count and actual numbers

Pros

Good work

Cons

Treated badly

Good place if you work smarter not harder has its ups and downs

Requires long hours (short shift is 8 hours + 1 hour break) learned a ton of sales skills and some fitness knowledge. making a min of 100+ calls a day to set up new clientele. Management is pretty good and they are okay with scheduling. There is a 6 month probationary period for Fitness Consulting and can be difficult to get time off when needed. Co-workers are okay if you fit in but are not the most open to accepting new people until after they stay for an extended period. Hardest part of the job was getting people through the door and competing with already company favorites. Make best friends with the manager and you will be sure to see a good pay check. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching members become successful and reach their goals. it's difficult to get promotions or advance in the industry unless you are, again, good friends with management. If you sell a lot and remain a top performer then you have nothing to worry about. stay in the top 10 in the company and you will have good pay.

Pros

Free gym, good benefits, good training

Cons

Long hours, repetitive work, more sales then customer service, 2000 a month OR commission but not both

Fast paced workplace

Enjoyed this workplace, always fast paced and always exciting to keep you on your feet and always trying harder each day.

Pros

comision

Cons

Worked with nice people consistently

I programmed and engaged in one to one personal training sessions involving proper warm-up, dynamic stretching, circuit training, cardio equipment, weight machines, free weights and cool down stretches. Actively participated in all sessions describing, demonstrating and assessing a variety of functional, free-weight and machine based exercises. Regularly discussed and reviewed nutritional options with my clients to assist them in good dietary choices. Sold and renewed personal training packages on a regular basis to maintain a consistent client base. You quickly realize that people buy a membership with the club but rely on personal relations during the training sessions to make the health transition a rewarding experience. The environment within the club was very upbeat and fun with all the other staff making it an enjoyable place to work. I didn't really consider anything hard task wise and the most enjoyable part of the job was sharing my knowledge and experience with clients to better help them realize their fitness goals and be engagde in a consistent healthy lifestyle.

It was a fun environment to work in when the boss wasn't being bipolar.

My day would consist of: - Cold calling people making at least 7-10 appointments perday - Helping my appointments or anyone who randomly came in My coworkers were great ther than my boss having a life melt down and taking it out on everyone else. I got along with everyone and was always willing to help others. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was overcoming objections and solving people's problems!

Pros

Free Membership

Cons

The GM's horrible attitude towards everyone

Very positive environment

My typical day at this job is transferring calls to appropriate person, encouraging new people to sign up at the gym, signing in guests ensuring they do not have any outstanding balances. It is a wonderful environment because everyone is very happy overall, and my favorite part of this job is after being there as long as I have knowing how to solve problems myself and handling situations myself is my favorite part. Systems get updated often so their is always something new to learn which keeps me on my toes. The only downfall to this job is when people cannot afford their memberships or training, emotions get the best of them. By the end of the conversation, providing proof, explanations and solutions to the problem the shift always ends well.

Pros

free gym membership

Cons

low pay rate

Fun working with Clients

I really enjoyed my employment at World Health. Everyday was a new challenge in helping other reach their fitness goals. My co-workers soon turned into good friends. The gym was a great environment to work in. The hardest part of the job was the hours were not consistent due to client availability.

Pros

Free gym membership

Cons

staggered hours due to client avaliabitly

Change lives by helping people is extremely rewarding

I love people and helping them change for a better lifestyle. Following them in their efforts and encouraging them in difficult times. I'm a very personable person and I learned that I just love people in general. Even if I enjoyed what I was doing, I wasn't totally happy in my own achievement, I needed more challenges. I loved the team, I got on well with them and the management was good, I enjoyed the sales part of my work. That said...some days felt like I just counted the repetitions of the clients I trained all day long, to be honest I was bored!

Pros

team, members, interraction, rewarding

Cons

long days, not enought challenges