World Health Employee Reviews

productive workplace
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2019
it was a fun and nice place to work although required a lot of hours even on days off. everyone was welcoming and nice and it is also very competitive.
Lost Focus
PERSONAL TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 January 2019
World Health is locally owned and operated, however it operates as though they are publicly traded.

Unfortunately, they miss a huge opportunity to be a part of the community by focusing on the number of memberships rather than the members they already have. I have asked specific questions on "anonymous" questionnaires (and have put my name on it to not be ambivalent) to not get any answers.
Pros
Free Membership, awesome relationships
Cons
Tough to get footing, pay is not what it could be
Good staff, poor compensation
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2019
Location I worked at had very low traffic so you were pretty much resorting to telemarketing all day, no room for growth and with high staff turnover , you're expected to work 50+ hrs per week. Only plus was free membership.
In depth sales training and great enivronment
Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 September 2018
World Health offered career opportunities for every stage of my life that is why I was able to continue with them for 9 years.

The management has changed hands recently so I cannot speak for the current state of the company.

I had a great history with World Health and would recommend it as a good work place.
No perks
Reception Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 July 2018
Your expected to exceed the expectations with out any rewards or incentives. I worked Recpection and the best part getting to know the regulars. There are many complaints to which managers do nothing about and it is easily reflected in other areas of the club and the company
The pay is very very minimal for the work load as well the extra normal asked to be done and there is no hope for advancement
The only pro is a free gym membership
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Long hours, called in on days off, angry members due to managers
A good community
Nutrition Coach (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 May 2018
The people that you work with really make this job special! Good way to make an impact on peoples health and lifestyle. The management is friendly and the sales part isn't a huge push all the time which is wonderful.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
not standard work hours
Not fun at all
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 May 2018
People quit on people. No leadership in this company. The stats don’t lie, from 10 locations to 7 locations. Lack of integrity. Would not recommend.!!
Pros
Can’t think any
Cons
Terrible pay wage
Same routine 8 hrs a day.
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 May 2018
Upon getting the job I was excited for the amount of face to face contact I was promised between guests and myself. Then reality set in and my day to day was making 60+ phone calls a day, following a cold script. Management was incredibly two-faced and was never there to help. If you're the type of person who likes sitting in an office desk making repetitive phone calls for hours and being tossed around by management, then this is the perfect job for you.
Pros
free membership, free access to classes
Cons
two-faced management
Good Perks
Manager, Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2018
I enjoyed the workplace, everyone was always friendly. Unfortunately not much room to grow within the company. Did enjoy how much they encouraged a healthy life style.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Low pay
Wonderful Environment!
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB5 March 2018
Working at World Health was a fantastic experience. The staff and management were friendly, approachable, and down to earth, all while maintaining professionalism. They always had 'team meetings' which involved some fun activity or sport which was a big plus. I got to work-out at work!! I'm still great friends with most of them now. The job requirements were clear and the training was extensive - the only draw back for me (as a fitness consultant, essentially sales person) was that the money wasn't great. The money has the potential to be good relative to your sales, but with how the system was set up, it was very difficult/borderline impossible to make the amount of sales you would need in order to start earning decent money. However some old co-workers have told me that the pay structure has changed since i left, so who knows!

Overall, World Health is a positive and energetic environment, and they treat employees wonderfully. Would recommend. :)
Great environment, poor management.
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 February 2018
A place that promotes a healthy lifestyle but the management was not supportive of staff. Turn over was very high and was a discouraging place to stay positive and enjoy going in to work.
Pros
Free Gym Membership
Cons
No support from management
Perfect job for customer service experience and learning multitasking
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 December 2017
Typical day is answering phones, dealing with member issues, scanning members in (on a busy day, you'll probably scan in up to 300 members during your shift), signing in guests, and doing the paperwork of the other positions in the club. It can get pretty hectic during busy hours because you are multitasking phone calls, while scanning members in, while printing off receipts for those who have a trainer, while having to sign in a guest, etc., all at the same time.
Hours are only flexible if you have coworkers who are willing to work with you around your schedule. If they can't then your SOL because you're responsible for your shift. Only reason I haven't quit yet is because it's convenient while I'm in school and for the free gym membership.
Pros
Free gym membership, discount on personal training
Cons
Inflexible work hours, not very good pay for the amount of work we do
It may be for someone people but it definitely is not for me
Fitness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton16 November 2017
The job is very repetitive, make phone calls everyday at least 50-100, find people to sign up, organize the gym and fill people's water bottle. Worse enough management does not care about you only sees you as a name and phone number machine. You only see a reward if they think you deserve it. The staff there are very two faced. But you get a free membership and benefits after 6 months. And the members were awesome. Also be aware when they hire you they don't ask when you avaviable and when they do hire you and you can't work a certain day they make a big deal
Pros
Free membership, members
Cons
Long hours, very repeptitive
Fast paced and great management
PERSONAL TRAINER (Former Employee) –  World Health Edmonton31 October 2017
Loved working at World Health. Management was awesome and helped teach me a lot. I grew and moved up within the company towards where I wanted to get. The culture is great. I have some life long friends from there.
Pros
Work family, amazing members
Cons
Long hours, not salary
it was okay
Promoter/Customer services Rep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2017
okay job it was okay pay the employees were nice and everything is good the place was clean but was shut down a couple years ago bceuse it wsnt makinh enough and the mall wantedd new stores
Fun and exciting work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2017
I loved working at world health. When i first started there I had a wonderful manager ! She was absolutely amazing and encouraging. I loved meeting and building bonds with the clientele. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry members but the best part of the job was building relationships with the regulars.
Good starter job for Personal Training
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB5 May 2017
Very good job to start out if you are looking to become a personal trainer. It is a grind and you have to be willing to commit a lot of time in order to make a living.
Pros
Good starter job
Cons
Lots of commitment required
free membership
Reception (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 May 2017
energetic environment to work at but the management is terrible and employees and members are treated poorly
no benefits
free gym membership is provided
Pros
free gym membership
Fun place to work and the staff are great but...
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2017
World Health is a fun place to work, but there is currently no room for advancement, no benefits to speak of and very little appreciation for what we as thew Facilities Team do.

I am looking for a career with a company that acknowledges employees accomplishments and has the ability for advancement.
fun job in a great atmosphere
Fitness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 December 2016
fun job but doesn't pay quite enough. 90% of your job is to cold call people and try to get them in the gym to sell them a membership. also be prepared to work 1 mandatory 12 hour shift every month
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
hard to make good money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at World Health. Our community is ready to answer.