World Health

World Health Employee Reviews

Canada46 reviews
the job was great as I only worked part-time on weekends and everyone I worked with was great. It was a great place to work for when I was unemployed and needed something to do. With your employment you get a gym membership.
Ensuring Saftey and Security of Membership. Registering membership in; greeting; creating sales; collecting membership dues cash and digital sales. Learning curve very short. Work briefly at many locations. Trained my existing workers. Two days and then on your own. I needed to be an investigator to wind answeres.
Pros
Industry to promote wellness.
Cons
Mostly nights
It was a good place to work, Enjoyed the work very much, It was a clean, fun place to work. Left because of a health issue, needed to deal with some family issues.
Pros
Great benefits and work schedule
Cons
Long commute
Working Conditions
There is a strong emphasis on safety while working with machinery.

Industrial mechanics may do primarily construction work, plant maintenance work or a combination of both. They often work in close association with other trades people such as machinists, instrument technicians, welders, electricians and steamfitter-pipefitters.

Working conditions for industrial mechanics vary from one job to another. On construction job sites, they are exposed to a variety of weather conditions. In plant maintenance, they may work indoors and outdoors. Hours of work may vary and shift work and some overtime may be required.
Horrible management. Management will look for any reason to fire or demote competent staff. They have MAJOR double standards and they're misogynistic.
I loved working for World Health. It was a fun workplace with lots of training and fun team building. The only downside were the short hours. But overall great
Pros
great people
Cons
lack of hours
I can not and will not provide any information about my work day. I still work here but am planing to leave. and so I cannot be honest in my opinion at this time.
At such high paced locations the staff from reception, fitness consult's, personal trainers, fitness mangers, reception managers and general manager have become one big family. While the most enjoyable part of the job is all the amazing members that in through the doors and the bond many of us now share.
Great place to learn the job and get good at it. Not so great when they stop providing clients (to be fair economy doesn't help), so what is the incentive?
Pros
Free continuing education courses, free membership
Cons
Hard to keep full clientele, do more work than what you are paid for
Handled the cash register.
• Collected and counting the money at the end of every shift.

• Handled incoming correspondences (mails, emails and faxes).

• Selling gym memberships.

• Answered incoming calls and welcomed customers.
Pros
Free gym time
Cons
Hated the long hours and the flexible shifts.
it was a fun and nice place to work although required a lot of hours even on days off. everyone was welcoming and nice and it is also very competitive.
World Health is locally owned and operated, however it operates as though they are publicly traded.

Unfortunately, they miss a huge opportunity to be a part of the community by focusing on the number of memberships rather than the members they already have. I have asked specific questions on "anonymous" questionnaires (and have put my name on it to not be ambivalent) to not get any answers.
Pros
Free Membership, awesome relationships
Cons
Tough to get footing, pay is not what it could be
Location I worked at had very low traffic so you were pretty much resorting to telemarketing all day, no room for growth and with high staff turnover , you're expected to work 50+ hrs per week. Only plus was free membership.
World Health offered career opportunities for every stage of my life that is why I was able to continue with them for 9 years.

The management has changed hands recently so I cannot speak for the current state of the company.

I had a great history with World Health and would recommend it as a good work place.
Your expected to exceed the expectations with out any rewards or incentives. I worked Recpection and the best part getting to know the regulars. There are many complaints to which managers do nothing about and it is easily reflected in other areas of the club and the company
The pay is very very minimal for the work load as well the extra normal asked to be done and there is no hope for advancement

The only pro is a free gym membership
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Long hours, called in on days off, angry members due to managers
The people that you work with really make this job special! Good way to make an impact on peoples health and lifestyle. The management is friendly and the sales part isn't a huge push all the time which is wonderful.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
not standard work hours
People quit on people. No leadership in this company. The stats don’t lie, from 10 locations to 7 locations. Lack of integrity. Would not recommend.!!
Pros
Can’t think any
Cons
Terrible pay wage
Upon getting the job I was excited for the amount of face to face contact I was promised between guests and myself. Then reality set in and my day to day was making 60+ phone calls a day, following a cold script. Management was incredibly two-faced and was never there to help. If you're the type of person who likes sitting in an office desk making repetitive phone calls for hours and being tossed around by management, then this is the perfect job for you.
Pros
free membership, free access to classes
Cons
two-faced management
I enjoyed the workplace, everyone was always friendly. Unfortunately not much room to grow within the company. Did enjoy how much they encouraged a healthy life style.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Low pay
Working at World Health was a fantastic experience. The staff and management were friendly, approachable, and down to earth, all while maintaining professionalism. They always had 'team meetings' which involved some fun activity or sport which was a big plus. I got to work-out at work!! I'm still great friends with most of them now. The job requirements were clear and the training was extensive - the only draw back for me (as a fitness consultant, essentially sales person) was that the money wasn't great. The money has the potential to be good relative to your sales, but with how the system was set up, it was very difficult/borderline impossible to make the amount of sales you would need in order to start earning decent money. However some old co-workers have told me that the pay structure has changed since i left, so who knows!

Overall, World Health is a positive and energetic environment, and they treat employees wonderfully. Would recommend. :)
A place that promotes a healthy lifestyle but the management was not supportive of staff. Turn over was very high and was a discouraging place to stay positive and enjoy going in to work.
Pros
Free Gym Membership
Cons
No support from management