World Health logo
World Health

World Health Employee Reviews

Great part-time weekend position

the job was great as I only worked part-time on weekends and everyone I worked with was great. It was a great place to work for when I was unemployed and needed something to do. With your employment you get a gym membership.

Not the best place to work.

Is only a good place if you can sell thousandths of dallors worth the Personal training. If your buisness starts falling apart They get rid of you. Worked for this place 7 yrs. Management is not helpful, nor are some of thier employees. They only think about #1. Not you as a person. They just want $$$$$. Go somewhere appreciated.

Pros

0 pros

Horrible pay

They pay personal trainers horribly. 9$ for 45 minute consultations. Is that even legal??Favour sales over educated good trainersMasks are optional for members even during consultations which is very unsafe for workers. Very unorganized head office and managers. Takes days or weeks to get responses. Personal trainers have to check their paystub’s constantly to make sure they got paid for all the clients.

Pros

Free membership

Cons

Poor management, unfair pay

Helped membership better Health.

Ensuring Saftey and Security of Membership. Registering membership in; greeting; creating sales; collecting membership dues cash and digital sales. Learning curve very short. Work briefly at many locations. Trained my existing workers. Two days and then on your own. I needed to be an investigator to wind answeres.

Pros

Industry to promote wellness.

Cons

Mostly nights

Productive,good benefits

It was a good place to work, Enjoyed the work very much, It was a clean, fun place to work. Left because of a health issue, needed to deal with some family issues.

Pros

Great benefits and work schedule

Cons

Long commute

Working Conditions There is a strong emphasis on safety while working with machinery. Industrial mechanics may do primarily construction work, plant maintenance work or a combination of both. They often work in close association with other trades people such as machinists, instrument technicians, welders, electricians and steamfitter-pipefitters. Working conditions for industrial mechanics vary from one job to another. On construction job sites, they are exposed to a variety of weather conditions. In plant maintenance, they may work indoors and outdoors. Hours of work may vary and shift work and some overtime may be required.

Backstabbers

Horrible management. Management will look for any reason to fire or demote competent staff. They have MAJOR double standards and they're misogynistic.

Fun and exciting workplace

I loved working for World Health. It was a fun workplace with lots of training and fun team building. The only downside were the short hours. But overall great

Pros

great people

Cons

lack of hours

Great place to work but no room for advancement

I can not and will not provide any information about my work day. I still work here but am planing to leave. and so I cannot be honest in my opinion at this time.

Amazing work environment

At such high paced locations the staff from reception, fitness consult's, personal trainers, fitness mangers, reception managers and general manager have become one big family. While the most enjoyable part of the job is all the amazing members that in through the doors and the bond many of us now share.

GREAT for new/learning trainers, terrible for well established

Great place to learn the job and get good at it. Not so great when they stop providing clients (to be fair economy doesn't help), so what is the incentive?

Pros

Free continuing education courses, free membership

Cons

Hard to keep full clientele, do more work than what you are paid for

Great environment and met great co-workers.

Handled the cash register. • Collected and counting the money at the end of every shift. • Handled incoming correspondences (mails, emails and faxes). • Selling gym memberships. • Answered incoming calls and welcomed customers.

Pros

Free gym time

Cons

Hated the long hours and the flexible shifts.

productive workplace

it was a fun and nice place to work although required a lot of hours even on days off. everyone was welcoming and nice and it is also very competitive.

Lost Focus

World Health is locally owned and operated, however it operates as though they are publicly traded. Unfortunately, they miss a huge opportunity to be a part of the community by focusing on the number of memberships rather than the members they already have. I have asked specific questions on "anonymous" questionnaires (and have put my name on it to not be ambivalent) to not get any answers.

Pros

Free Membership, awesome relationships

Cons

Tough to get footing, pay is not what it could be

Good staff, poor compensation

Location I worked at had very low traffic so you were pretty much resorting to telemarketing all day, no room for growth and with high staff turnover , you're expected to work 50+ hrs per week. Only plus was free membership.

In depth sales training and great enivronment

World Health offered career opportunities for every stage of my life that is why I was able to continue with them for 9 years. The management has changed hands recently so I cannot speak for the current state of the company. I had a great history with World Health and would recommend it as a good work place.

No perks

Your expected to exceed the expectations with out any rewards or incentives. I worked Recpection and the best part getting to know the regulars. There are many complaints to which managers do nothing about and it is easily reflected in other areas of the club and the company The pay is very very minimal for the work load as well the extra normal asked to be done and there is no hope for advancement The only pro is a free gym membership

Pros

Free membership

Cons

Long hours, called in on days off, angry members due to managers

A good community

The people that you work with really make this job special! Good way to make an impact on peoples health and lifestyle. The management is friendly and the sales part isn't a huge push all the time which is wonderful.

Pros

Free membership

Cons

not standard work hours

Not fun at all

People quit on people. No leadership in this company. The stats don’t lie, from 10 locations to 7 locations. Lack of integrity. Would not recommend.!!

Pros

Can’t think any

Cons

Terrible pay wage

Same routine 8 hrs a day.

Upon getting the job I was excited for the amount of face to face contact I was promised between guests and myself. Then reality set in and my day to day was making 60+ phone calls a day, following a cold script. Management was incredibly two-faced and was never there to help. If you're the type of person who likes sitting in an office desk making repetitive phone calls for hours and being tossed around by management, then this is the perfect job for you.

Pros

free membership, free access to classes

Cons

two-faced management

Good Perks

I enjoyed the workplace, everyone was always friendly. Unfortunately not much room to grow within the company. Did enjoy how much they encouraged a healthy life style.

Pros

Free membership

Cons

Low pay
  • World Health