World Health Edmonton Employee Reviews

Terrible management/ head office
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 May 2019
They have you do an orientation which was great and full of information that has been outdated for probably 5+ years. At first I really believed in the company and loved what they stood for, but a few months in I quickly realized that all they really care about is money.
The turn over is alarmingly high which makes sense because they treat employees like a number instead of a person. They always have a ridiculously high quota or goal which basically sets you up for failure. Lastly, management and head office defiantly need to be retrained on how to coach, instead of threatening to fire everyone everyday. If you are one to kiss the higher ups butt and do the same 100 calls everyday than this is the job for you
Pros
Free gym membership
Not great
Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 August 2018
They don't pay well, but would like you to work far more then they are paying you.
The require training for procedures that they don't even follow.
Management is out of touch with what is happening in the clubs.
Worst Management and no Integrity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 September 2017
The management plays favorites and lose many star employees because of it! They claim integrity but only when the owners show up! lol Then when the owners leave they show there true colors! I worked for a manager who would change the guest register so his favorite sales person could take more walk in traffic! It was very frustrating because I would bring it up to him and he would say there is nothing I can do because he is the manager! It is unfortunate that the owners have no idea what happens right under there noses and wonder why this company if failing right now! There are so many other things that go on there regarding lack of integrity! I did however recently find out that this manager was recently taken from his position at one of the better clubs and sent to the worst location! This gives me some satisfaction that the owners are finally noticing that this manager has no talent in a leadership role! I am assuming they sent him there to hopefully have him resign as he will not make much of a commission cheque there lol Good Luck World Health and I hope you will be more aware of what goes on in your clubs!
Pros
I made alot of money
Cons
Lack of integrity
Terrible leaders and low pay
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 June 2017
Super disorganized company with a million payroll problems. Save yourself the headache and work somewhere else. Company does not appreciate employees and needs to update the way they are doing things to stay competitive.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Low pay, bad leaders, pressured to sell a lot
good place to work out
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 February 2017
I don't know what to say about the place beside the wage isent that good and its hard to get a raise but other than that its a easy job
Pros
a free membershio
Great company
Personal Trainer/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 January 2017
Good company. See previous review for details. All employees received continuing education opportunities.

They invest a lot of time and energy into improving their overall quality.
Reception Manager
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB9 September 2016
Answering phone
Creating Monthly schedule
Hiring/Firing/Training of Staff
Assisting in account inquiries
Scheduling appointments
Opening/Closing duties of the club
Attend & hold monthly meetings
Fun Culture, Environment and Great Mentors!
Fitness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 August 2016
Great company culture and overall a great place to work. Great work/life balance and management is very supportive. There are a lot of great mentors in this company to learn from. I would recommend this company to anyone!
calm fun place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 July 2016
morning usual quit have to do opening as in cash paper work and computers. help people scan in communicate with members of the club. always great people.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
not enough pay
Family environment, fun place to work
Reception Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 February 2016
-Family environment
-fun people
-supportive management
-opportunity for advancement
-the members are most often happy and easy to get along with
Awesome environment
Reception Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 September 2015
Everyone is super friendly and always willing to help. Good vision for the company and really is looking out for the communities best interest.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 April 2015
I worked as a trainer at World Health. I enjoyed the people I worked with. I learned so much about training through practical experience and formal training. It was a wonderful experience and I learned a great deal about what it is like to work with people who need help with a variety of physical needs. A trainer has to work with people who wish to lose weight, get physically fit, increase strength, build muscle, and improve injured areas.

The management was very supportive and extremely helpful. My co-workers worked as a team and could be counted on for assistance when needed. The hardest part of the job was balancing all the different needs of people who wanted training for many different reasons. The most enjoyable part of the job was working and helping people develop the skills they needed to improve their physical fitness, diet, and the remediation of injuries.
Pros
Training was available for many different areas.
Cons
Clients who did not take personal responsibility to come to appointments.
Fun place to work, great co workers, but expect some long days and fluctuating pay
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton24 March 2015
I really enjoy working here and its why I have stayed despite the long hours that are put in. The work life balance is very challenging in this position, but the company itself is phenomenal and I would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Free membership, Great staff / clients, supportive management. Benefits
Cons
Long hours. Pay fluctionation. Weekends.
Great Co-workers, friendly enviornment
Reception Manager/ Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 September 2014
My job never ended being a 24/hr club I was on call at all hours.
While at work I trained people, made the schedule, did bank deposits, kept up with social media.
Checking stats, calling potential members, seeing guests upon arrival and showing them what the club offered.
I learned time management, how to manage a team of 10+
Management expected a lot without training or the knowledge of what they wanted done.
Co-workers were supportive and worked well together
Hardest part was not know what was expected and not having the training needed.
Most enjoyable was getting to know the members and teaching my team how to do their job and making sure they know how to do it.
Pros
Free Gym Membership
Cons
Expecting too much of me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at World Health Edmonton. Our community is ready to answer.

World Health Edmonton Reviews by Location