World Gym

World Gym Pay & benefits reviews

I enjoyed working here, it was a nice part time job to have while in school and as a "for now" job. You get a free membership as an employee, at the time, the membership was their black card which was the highest tier of membership - which is nice if you want to make us of the tanning services or bringing a guest in with you. Otherwise, there isn't much room for growth at World Gym - the company isn't set up to encourage growth and promotion. There is one assistant manager position, which is on salary, but from my knowledge that position is salaried at slightly above minimum wage. If you're interested, and qualified, you can become a personal trainer or a class instructor which could give you some additional excitement. I think this is a job best suited for people who are students. I docked 2 stars on my overall review because management could be difficult to deal with and there are always rules imposed in the gym which members are unaware of during sign up - which almost always caused headaches later on.
Long hours Bad salary Lots of pressure Ghosting Management No advantage No avancement Bad schedule for a balance family and work life Suggest front desk for students as part time job but I would also suggest to avoid the AGM position
The facility is amazing, machines always work well and are maintained weekly. There is enough space for everyone to work out individually using whatever they want. I personally enjoy my experience here and believe there is more to come.
Pros
Free access to entire facility and membership to workout anytime
In a place like World gym, teamwork is essential ! I like being around my dynamic colleagues. We help each other even though we have experience some difficulties. I think managing could be improved, but I know the Wolrd Gym team make efforts to overcome those challenges. The salary for the MSR team could be higher up.
While I loved the customers that came in everyday to the gym, management was unloyal to longtime employees giving little hours and unfair treatment. Management hires friends and only friends will advance in the company. Only pay minimum wage but expect more of their staff than a minimum wage staff should be expected.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Management, wage, hours
Lots of cleaning responsibilities since there is no cleaning service to come in through the night, very little room for growth. However the atmosphere is great and you meet a lot of wonderful people each day.. good temporary job but hard to stay long term.
Pros
Free membership, Meet new people
Cons
Underpaid, Low Wage
C'est un travail qui permet une évolution constante et qui soumet l'employé à toujours se surpasser.
Pros
L'autonomie et la creativit est encourager
Cons
Pas toujours assidu au niveau de la paie.
World gym mississauga is a good worplace. Everyone is fun and respectfull. Its a great experience and you get to meet new and fun people.
Pros
Meet a lot of people, free gym acces
Cons
Faire de la saisie de donné pour la facturation et les abonnements
Pros
horaire fléxible
Cons
pas d'assurance