World Gym

World Gym Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working here, it was a nice part time job to have while in school and as a "for now" job. You get a free membership as an employee, at the time, the membership was their black card which was the highest tier of membership - which is nice if you want to make us of the tanning services or bringing a guest in with you. Otherwise, there isn't much room for growth at World Gym - the company isn't set up to encourage growth and promotion. There is one assistant manager position, which is on salary, but from my knowledge that position is salaried at slightly above minimum wage. If you're interested, and qualified, you can become a personal trainer or a class instructor which could give you some additional excitement. I think this is a job best suited for people who are students. I docked 2 stars on my overall review because management could be difficult to deal with and there are always rules imposed in the gym which members are unaware of during sign up - which almost always caused headaches later on.
I have meet some really good people working here. From the owners to the manager at world gym. They are fair, respectful, honest and understanding. I love my job!
Great management and staff to work with. There's a lot of multi tasking, everything from taking new memberships to, making shakes to cleaning. Management and staff always willing to help each other.
Pros
Free gym memebership
Cons
Minimum wage
Management and staff are very supportive and helpful. they are always willing to work within your needs when it comes to scheduling and always make sure any time off that is requested is given. great place to work with a strong team who all support each other. its more like a family than coworkers.
I had been a part of World Gym Barrie for about two years, and I had been a part of the ownership transition. The facility had always been great; great members, great team, and an overall positive environment. Like any place, sometimes you had your drama with other staff, but things would settle down quite quickly. I had always been provided with positive criticism and given room to grow my knowledge in the industry. If I had the ability to stay a part of the team, I would have. However unfortunately I had to move out of the area and that's the only reason I had left. The best part for me was probably when new ownership took over. Of course it was a scary thing at first because you don't know how it's going to turn out. But when the dust settled, new ownership turned out to be really great and customer service oriented. I heard there's a new General Manager in there now too that's really making positive changes. I'm curious to see all the changes that have been done. Overall a great atmosphere
Pros
Like a family, positive atmosphere, good members
Cons
not really any
Loved every moment of working here. Clean, smelt good, felt good, friendly supportive people.would go back in a heart beat if I moved back to Fort St John
Long hours Bad salary Lots of pressure Ghosting Management No advantage No avancement Bad schedule for a balance family and work life Suggest front desk for students as part time job but I would also suggest to avoid the AGM position
it was a nice place to work. My manager and co workers were very friendly and cooperative. Also got change to interact with customers and ace some difficult situations.
The place is very unprofessional, discriminates and is highly judgemental. I refuse to recommend this place to anyone even desperate to need a job. manager himself was sketchy enough and someone who clearly has no back ground in professionalism.
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
From greeting customers, to helping customers sign in and sign up for their memberships, this is a fun and fast pace environment that allows you to connect with those in your community.
i work in childcare and love worldgym. I love working and playing with the kids along with my friendly sweet co workers. working at worldgym is like my second home away from home.
World Gym is an excellent place to work if you love fitness and socializing with customers, However ever since new management took over the gym; There has been a dark cloud of negativity that has overshadowed all positive parts of the workplace culture, so much so that even the members have noticed.
Pros
Free Gym Membership
Cons
Bad Management
Staff are amazing Great place to work Members make the place shine Helped me lose over a 100 pounds Learned so many great possible ways to life a healthy life style
Management is great and it is a very friendly, relaxed work environment. Expect lots of cleaning, but nothing out of the ordinary when working at a gym. Great gym with awesome members. Great job for students.
Pros
Good management, great work place environment
Cons
if you don’t like cleaning, this isn’t the job for you!
Friendly management and staff. Fun place to work with. I loved my job as it matches with my skillset. Business grew in 5 years from small to medium size company.
Work culture used to be amazing. New owner came in and did not like the front desk socializing with the members but expected us to create a familial environment with the members. They would talk badly about the staff to other staff and members. Harassed the front desk to the point where they all quit. The owners son was a sexist pig and looked down on women, by belittling and trying very hard to establish authority. Blamed the regular part time staff for the gym not making any money. Not a great place to work.
My typical day was developing training programs based on the clients needs and physical ability. Helping clients accomplish their fitness goals is very rewarding. Hardest part of the job was stubborn clients.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Not enough money
I worked there for years at the front desk. I loved my job and management for the first few years until ownership and management changed. Everything went downhill when the owner made his inexperienced son manager. I started getting harassed about my daily duties, getting blamed for their mistakes and hearing terrible things they would say about me to my co workers. Believe me, I would have loved to stay because of my great co workers and the members but the mental abuse was to much. You know somethings wrong when 8 employees quit on the same day.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
- Welcome and greet everyone who walks in and out. - Introduce the company to new customers - Achieve daily goals and quotas of the organization, such as: closing contracts, inform customers about their dues, provide them personal trainers - Help clients find their needs - Customer satisfaction consistency - I learned how to deal with stressful situations, such as injuries and angry customers due their debts to the gym. - The part of the job I struggled the most was the time where management was really bad. Everything had to be dealt through employees, and since I was the one who knew the most, everyone asked me questions and needed my help. I loved helping my coworkers, even if it was very stressful teaching them and dealing with angry clients at the same time. I managed to satisfy both parties. - The best part of the job is that I got to meet and build professional relationship with people of all ages, every day. When people walk in to sign up or want information, I take the opportunity to get to know the individual who's in front of me, and that helps me provide them their necessity.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
It's a one person shift, it gets lonely
I was a PT there, over a year period they lowered the wages 4x by changing how the payouts went, trying to convince us it was a good thing. management had a cult of personality , if you were not coddling him, you were on the outside and shunned always on the edge of being fired. Lacking in morals and ethics when it came to the patrons needs. Once initial equipment was worn our or broken, it was never replaced, slam balls that broke in the first month were on the floor waiting to be replaced for 2+ years and counting. if you are just starting out as a PT and want to learn, i would suggest not starting there. if you are experienced I don't really have to say much as you will figure it out quickly. For those PTs or staff that truly care, you will not be rewarded nor recognized and more often then not, passed over for someone who only sees clients as dollar signs. The one I worked at is under new management/ownership.. so take whats said with a grain of salt.
Pros
set your hours, free to use
Cons
lacking morals and ethics.
wash hands safety glass be happy help people clean up tool because you have to be safety and clean up all your tools and wash your hands too
  1. Employee reviews