Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Employee Reviews

Very Nice Place to Work
Communications Manager (Corporate Communications) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2018
Awesome experience. Great location. Great Industry. Still have friends from the WSIB today. The communications department their grew after I left unfortunately.
Cons
Bilingual Shift Specialist (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ont.10 March 2018
Very busy
Alot on how to work with unionized employees
Indesisive
Very good and friendly
Trying to motivate colleagues to be more productive
End of day.
Pros
Same as previous qustion
Cons
Same as previous qustion
There are good and bad!
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2018
Overall a good place to work but the hierarchy and old processes are frustrating. Good work/life balance and great team spirit. Old fashioned office but great location.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Very hierarchical
productive and fast work pace
Claims Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2017
A typical day at work would be processing claims and calling to inquire more information from clients as well as employers. I have learned professionalism and time management. I have also learned how to work on different computer systems. I had a quota to meet every day and I exceeded the quota by using my time wisely and because of my quick ability to learn at a fast pace.
Pros
Enhancing my skills and networking
Cons
No face to face communication with clients
Well compensated, great benefits.
Nurse Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2017
It is an excellent, professional environment to work. They will provide great training to do the job for professional growth. Great medical and dental benefits and flexible hours. The salary is good.
Work meaningful but micro managed
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
Fast pace work with little support from management - work meaningful but repetitive and same clients come back again and again. I wish this place was unionized!!
Work becomes stagnant and boring over time
Return to Work Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
Same type of work; repetitive and becomes boring and management can be very micro managing - there are few good jobs there that are hard to get into because of competition.

The union is good and strong and effective.
Pros
Good benefits and holidays
Cons
Boring
Great team environment!
SERVICE CENTER ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  200 Front Street West8 September 2017
I had a great team of people to work with, each and every day was always a pleasure because of their commitment to providing great service while fostering a positive and encouraging environment.
Pros
Instrinicly satisfying while encouraging growth and promotion
Cons
Workload can become stressful for some
Safe Place to Work
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2017
Unionised environment with quota driven tasks. System at the time was similar to MS DOS and all communication was via fax. Very safe environment with nice office location.
Adjudicator
Adjudicator-ODSBP department (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2017
The job of adjudicator at the WSIB can be one that is very complex but at the same time very rewarding. The adjudicator determines a worker's entitlement to benefits under the WSI Act based on legislation, policy and standard practices. Complexity comes into play when entitlement decisions don't fall into standard practices and that there is a lot of reward when adjudicators can provide a positive decision to the client. Adjudicators are rewarded nicely with high salary and benefits. The work environment, in times when there is full compliment, is second to none.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
Can be very stressful when work area is not working at full compliment, making work situations stressful.
Great job difficult workplace, high demands, poor technology.
Adjudicator, Service Delivery (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 May 2017
Great place to work if you can keep up with the demands. Excellent compensation. Undergoing huge transition with technology.
Great people. However training is not keeping up with needs. Will need to continue self learning.
It is great to help people return to their lives after a work place injury.
Broad exposure to projects and diversity
PM, Strategic Planning & Integration (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2017
On daily basis I interacted with a lot of colleagues.
Challenges were very interesting and experience-building
Peers were very helpful.
The hardest part of the job was to get decisions on initiatives, in order to move forward.
Flex time and a good vacation plan was good
Pros
Two breaks, good benefits
Cons
Slow decisions
communication//clients/safety
Customer Service Rep/Bilingual Operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 April 2017
very good to work for ,i would of continued but i retired due to travelling and re location of my personal residence.learn a lopt in my 26 years of service, always upgrating and i was always avble to adjust to all changes .
Pros
good team work and security
This employer promotes professional development and allows advancement within the organization.
Director of Collection Services (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 March 2017
I joined the WSIB in 1997 and quickly advanced into Management in 2000. This allowed me the opportunity to work with other areas of the WSIB and promote networking and to gain experience in various project work. In 2008 I became the Assistant Director of the Collections branch and then within a year the Director. I was responsible for a department of 72 staff and a budget of 6.5 million.
Due to an organizational restructure, my position was made redundant in Sept, 2015
Comfy government job
Registration Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2017
This is a place you literally do your work and go home. As long as you do your job no one will bother you.

Absolutely hated my manager but that was a personal issue I had.

If you are looking for a comfy government secure job, this is your home
Productive, fun, fas paced
Account Analyst/Hamilton Office (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 March 2017
Worked in the Employer Service Centre of the WSIB. Its a call centre environment that was fast paced with minimal supervision. Customer Service is the number one priority. WSIB strived for first call resolution. They hire via contract with opportunity to advance.
Pros
Great team of people
Cons
Contract work
Nice Workplace
Pensions Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto28 February 2017
They offer a range of career possibilities where you can maximize your potential and develop your career, all while making a significant contribution to the people of Ontario. Whether you're just starting out or want to build on years of experience, consider joining the WSIB, one of the world's leading workplace compensation boards.
Wonderful people to work with and great changes happening
ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
Encourage learning upgrade and growth opportunities. It is an exciting time to be part of this organization so many wonderful changes that make your work meaningful.
Pros
Promote development
Cons
Nothing that I can think of
Work culture not conducive to staff productivity
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto30 January 2017
Upper and lower management morale not conducive to staff equity in work. Enjoy the clients I work with and love the opportunity to provide education to workers to promote health and wellness and improve work safety
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 December 2016
Though I was only there for a 1 year contract, this place is by far the best place I've ever worked at. The pay was great, the hours (9-5) were perfect and the work atmosphere was nice, everyone was very helpful and management are nice people. It's just a shame they mostly hire on contract rather than permanent positions.
Pros
Hours, pay, management is good
Cons
Temporary work