WorkForce

WorkForce Employee Reviews

Hard work at your pace
Great staff.Fair work,for required experience. Transpiration support to go to work. Not everyday is the same, but you would know what to expect.Get's easier with more experience. Respectful relationships with staff and employees.
Productive work environment.
Great people to work for friendly and enthusiastic about work. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people. friendly and kind. overall no cons.
Pros
Great
Cons
noon
Not worth it
When I found a full time job on my own, my recruiter had a fit, told her sorry but I can’t pay bills with a week here and there, I need more regular paycheque.
good place to work
they all ways have lots of work. Good pay all-ways there if you have any questions. Amassing health and safety department all-ways looking out for your well being.
Pros
good money
Just a cool jus a easy
Open scheduling to fit your schedule and assignments applicable to resume experience. very competitive environment. may not always get to job you expect.
Pros
open scheduling, hours
Cons
lack of assigntments, undesirable work
Professional, no nonsense job
They act under a strick set of rules, thqt honestly are fare to all. Equipment loaning, selling, saftey training, and transportation are all standard here.
Great place to work to make very lots of cash in a small amount of time
Perfect job for those who do not have families, it is very unreliable and not stable. When there is work available you can make lots of money in a very small amount of time which is nice. Days are long, typically 12 hour shifts, have done shifts that are 14 hours however.
Not workforce, but Ameri-can systems
Great starter company. Helped me learn a lot. A bit too hectic personally. But recommended to anyone who is looking to start in this industry. Nice Pay
just nothing at all
well what i have learend here was nothing at all just gout more experience for my resume and much more skill's and ability and work well with other people
Pros
bring ur own lunch
Cons
good work
Garbage
I didn't like workforce, I never made enough to live, it's basically the place to go to work ten hours over night for nothing just so you can fill your tank half way and eat a snack
Pros
You almoat always get work
Cons
The pay isnt enough.
I Would Definitely Go Back if They Needed Someone
I really enjoyed working here. The management was like family, and the atmosphere of the place was great. Your paycheque was calibrated to your results - base pay + commission + cell phone + laptop + car allowance/company vehicle. If you are a sociable type of person, this would suit you. You get to go out to construction sites and build relationships with the people on the site and try to expand your market share. Hardest part was the CRM - but that is pretty standard for a sales person, most don't like to do the CRM input.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Employees get paid daily from Workforce Services.
A good place to work and get paid daily, with new work experiences given out and a new surroundings of work environment and great co-workers to work with.
Thank you Workforce Services.
Pros
a friendly place to go
Cons
having to wait for employers to call in for workers.
good
its ok a place to find work if your out of work and need to make money asap and the job sites are ok , they make you do jobs no one wants to do so don't be expecting to do man jobs , they keep you safe cleaning up sites
Pros
bus is convient
Cons
hard work
shovel operator
work days start at 7 an end at seven. Shift was 14 on an 14 days off. training an operating 5500 shovels loading haul trucks in a productive but safe manner. meal , company truck an rooms were provided at there expense. job is great
Pros
flights, transportation, meals an rooms provided by company
Cons
deleyed flights happen alot so unpaid for over night stays on your days off.
Temporary Work when times get tough
I worked for workforce when the economic downturn had just started to turn its wheels in Alberta. You would have to be there by 6 o clock to even think of getting a job for the day. It was necessary for me, as I had no other options, I persevered even though I lived an hour outside of the city at the time and positions were not guaranteed. I did however have an advantage as a driver, so I would most often get hired to take other clients to and from the office. It was hard labor work, and sometimes you were met with rude people who just would call you "temp" and not even by your name. Which was rough, but not having groceries would be rougher.
Pros
Justin, the manager is a fantastic guy, paid daily
Cons
being ridiculed, not permanent work, low pay
Busy workplace with ability to catch onto extra hours
It was a helpful company in order to gain skills and experience within the construction field. This was a fast paced job and hands on work. These skills I was able to manage and enjoyed.
Pros
Busy, fast paced and was able to catch onto extra hours
Cons
Not always reliable on work
very last minute changes to shifts frequently
A typical day at work would contain a safety talk with the team. Then once the job is ready we would go in the smelter and lock ourselves in to the lockbox. After that we would make our way to the job location and inspect together the hazards. Once we are set we would begin work and most times take breaks frequently on a rotation because of the poor conditions.

I learnt that safety is not a joke and it is very important to practice, Teamwork is essential to completing the job with high quality and that hard work makes a good first impression.

The management is sometimes poor because the control room often change their minds at the last second to do something else, in consequence we must wait around and our work is delayed.

My co-workers are mostly always new employees to Workforce, so I often train them on the job and help them with the challenging tasks.

The hardest part of the job is working in extremely hot conditions for long hours, (12 hour shifts)

The most enjoyable part of the job is finishing the task with quality so the clients are happy and we don't need to return.
Pros
Paid Lunch break
Cons
12 hour shifts
Work Force
The staff are reliable and easy going, some of the workers they send to sites could use a bit more training and a better work ethic then they have. The pay rarely changed no matter how good of a job that was done, the Income for the job itself was also some what low for some of the work that was made to do.
Pros
Money, Flexible hours
Cons
Low wage, Terrible workers would be sent also, they dont follow through with their terrmination policies
Very productive, good hours, safety is a priority.
I learned a lot working here, especially about safety int he workplace because it was a very dangerous job and they took safety training very seriously
co-workers
give you a great expirence to meet new peaple and work with defiratete peaple ilove it persanaly always work with new peaple everyday ..................
Pros
free lunch
Cons
12 hours days
Helped me find a job
Workforce is a placement agency. I have been working at Outotec since 2012. I have learned many things and enjoy the people I work with.
Pros
learn new things
Cons
not getting hired through the company because of cost savings
Ask a question about working or interviewing at WorkForce. Our community is ready to answer.