Workday

Workday Management reviews

Clear

Great culture, but be patient!

Great culture but too many moving parts within management that can result in restarting body of work with process. Room for advancement can be slim which means you’ll need to be extremely patient.

Pros

Wonderful culture

Cons

Patience will be tested

Meeting great friends

This company was horrible to work for; only cons about working here is meeting some great colleagues. Management is not well at all they do not have a open door policy

Ambiente lavorativo ideale per sviluppare qualsiasi carriera

Cultura forte aziendale presente su tutti i livelli: dall'atteggiamento positivo alla maternita' ai corsi professionali e personali

Pros

canteen, free snacks, fruit, beverages

Great culture

Great company to work for. Everyone is smart and people are willing to help each other. Consulting was very satisfying. You do get multiple projects but travel is generally half time. Consulting management is outstanding.

Pros

Cons

Great benefits and cheap

Culture is everything

At Workday from day one, you learn that culture drives everything. They only hire people who are laid back and modest, and they are honest about that. No managers or directors have their own offices or parking spots, everyone is treated the same.

Pros

Great canteen, office, employee programme, flat structure

I mean it’s not all that busy

My typical day at work be good but it really don’t be all that busy either and what I’ve learned was to be patient and do things to keep you busy and the management is okay not to bad

Good products / fair management

You always have to take the bad with the good. Great products and pace of innovation is very fast. The parties and events are great. Management is mediocre. Culture is preached to be progressive and supportive. However my observation is that the environment is highly political. I've observed where a culture of bullying and intimidation is tolerated in some instances, though there are good leaders there too.

Great company culture, awesome individuals and a continuous strive to get better! Workday management is always in support of Individual Contributors..

Pros

Free lunches, great benefits, awesome people

Cons

rigid structure

Productive and fun

Overall a good place to work People were very welcoming Good management and associates are very helpful Place is very convenient to have your dogs Easy to commute

Excellent place to work. Growing very fast. Middle management is challenged with intense short term goals. A ton of opportunity for career growth. The future is bright and leadership is investing in employee development.

Fun, stressful, collaborative, fast paced

Typical day is rarely typical. There are normal activities but the pace is fast and the expectations are high. The people are fantastic except for the "politicians" that always occur as in any workplace. Watch out and avoid these as best as possible. Top level management care greatly but at times are distanced from what occurs with the in the trench managers who at times, or more often, don't walk the talk. The workplace culture is a critical component of the hire process as "fit" is very important.

Pros

Free snacks, "unlimited" time off

Cons

Equity compensation

Fun workplace with lots of room to grow

Workday culture is incredible--from co-workers to management to free snacks/coffee/bagels, even bringing your dogs to work, Workday does things at a high level. Very collaborative culture with an emphasis on empowering individuals to make decisions and learn from mistakes. Plenty of social groups to be a part of as well! Main challenge is the learning curve of technology. I love that Workday takes calculated risks when hiring people that may or may not fit the exact background of a given role. In my case, I was not able to meet the requirement for passing a certification exam. This was all explained prior to hire, I should mention. So, again, transparency in expectations with the support to help you become successful is what makes Workday stand out amongst other companies.

Workday is a personality cult

Working at Workday is like dating that awful guy you think will change, but he never does. I’m working with yet another manager that doesn’t listen to me. I’ve come to realize that the quality of my work doesn’t mean anything. I can only get ahead here by trying to accumulate social capital. My previous manager left many things undone and won’t meet to even review where things were left. Of course, they were promoted. The irony for me is that I need to leave Workday because it’s not keeping up with the tech in my field. I came to Workday expecting to be at the forefront and whenever I bring up current practices and best in class ideas, I get shut down. It’s uttterly demoralizing.

Pros

Free peanut m&ms

Cons

The cliques

Incredible culture, advancement opportunities, great benefits

Pros

Incredible workplace culture, great benefits, room for advancement

Cons

Learning curve of technology can be challenging

Horrible Business technology management

Workday is a fun company to begin with. The core workday products are truly a top notch tech product. However the business technology has incompetent management and managers who promote discrimination, harassment and most importantly encourage withholding information. If a project has red flags instead of going to the drawing board and mitigating they try to stick to the timeline and deliver a poor quality. No culture and respect for human beings and only who lack competency at all levels can survive at business technology. One of the most incompetent CIO with no vision and a decision maker based on emotions.

Pros

Good product, Good business team

Cons

no work life balance, incompetency at management and discrimination

its getting political

The company as a whole is great, great mission, great ideas, great intent. There is an issue with politics. Certain teams are getting very political and unless you are part of the "inner" circle, consider yourself an outcast. Some egos and cockyness is why I left. Fast forward a couple years later, I found that things did not change and only got worse. Not sure whats to come, I hope it gets better. The public loves this company.

Nice environs, poor processes

The good part is that your internal customer will really appreciate what you do if you turn things around quickly. Also, the compensation is on the high side and the building is nice tho the parking is tight. you will have to frequently park across in the mall parking lot. The bad part is that there are too many managers and directors and VPs who don't do a thing for you. It's not that they micromanage. They just don't care what you do as long as nothing breaks and there are no escalations. if you see something risky or inefficient and need a process change, good luck getting any attention. They're too busy networking incestuously with each other. The politics is above average. They do care about your performance and coding skills but you need equally strong "suck up" skills. Do you know how to flatter the egos of mostly irrelevant managers and directors as well as you know how to code? If so you'll do fine here.

Pros

Appreciative internal customers

Cons

nepotism and politics

Workday Finance SLC has potential

Currently the finance department is micro managed, and veers far from the standard Workday Culture. The culture found in Pleasanton (headquaters) is 180 Degrees different, and in a good way. There is favoritism, little room for change/growth, and many promotions come from outside the company.

Très bonne experience

Une expérience enrichissante au global. Le seul bémol est une masse de travail très chargée et grandissante avec le temps. Parfois en contradiction avec la culture d'entreprise pronant un équilibre professionnel et privé.

Pros

Bon managment

Cons

équilibre vie privée vie professionnelle

Poor leadership

Perhaps it was just the team that I worked with, but the management gave little to no guidance or feedback. Teams felt like we were siloed and didn't work well together. Cut-throat meetings. As a contract worker we were not able to participate in certain activities or events so it made for a sense of separation from the team I worked with.

Pros

Good technology

Cons

Separation from full time employees

Good vibes and free food

Had a great time working for Workday! It’s a great company if you drink the Kool-Aid and believe what they’re selling. For the most part, I enjoyed the challenges of my undefined position but what I mostly enjoyed was collaborating on projects with my co-workers (peers and managers). However, I disliked people in higher positions such as VPs and SVPs. Not all of them but the ones that I worked for or came in contact with were off-putting. They acted like they’re these “above everyone else” celebrities. Ugh, give me a break! That’s not leadership!

Pros

Free food, great peers

Cons

VPs and SVPs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Workday. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement