Work Authority

Work Authority Employee Reviews

Canada21 reviews
Customer /employee bullied by a senior racist senior staff.
manager biased, ignored customers , passed most jobs to others.

Lazy management

Always leaving early or coming late
Pros
Benefits and choices of dayoffs.
Cons
Bullies and incompetent management
Poor Management from the President and Operations manager. VF is a smart company and will clean house sooner rather than later. Karma ladies, you know who you are. Work Authority is a low level basic business. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Cons
Nepotism, poor Management, low level educated people
The typical day was getting to work making sure all the orders came in then proceeding to open the store counting cash etc. Later i would email with different vendors etc.
1) Learned how to deal with angry customers.
2) Learned how inventory is done

3) Dealing with different companies for taking orders

4) Good Management

5) I get discount and deals from the store
Pros
Flexable Hours
Cons
Late Closings
A typical day usually began slow and a lot of merchandising. I learned that it is important to learn how to communicate with various types of people from all over the world. Management was wonderful here; upbeat and very helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people from all walks of life and being able to assist them.
Great place to work, Little advancement, Enjoy my job. Management let us run our store like we own it. Accounts can be very complicated as every account is set up differently.
I would always come in to work happily greeted by my coworkers and manager. The store hours and schedule for the next month was always posted and kept up to date. And I loved to help customers with their needs and see their satisfaction with the product!
Pros
Low stress
Cons
Long days
Decent place to work part time while in school.

At one point I was very upset because they requested I close almost every weekday and weekend so management can have a 9-5 lifestyle...which is unfair because we should always have a manager on shift.

I had multiple changes of management during my time and the they can really make or break the environment and employee mental health.
Pros
Relaxed Environment
Cons
Can be unorganized
the environment is super easy going and it personally make me enjoy work. i love working with people and my co-workers, always seem to be awesome people. only thing is management stresses me out, unorganized, uncooperative and forgetful. no vacation pay, sick days or days off. it is a frustrating struggle to get anything.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Forgetful Management
Work Authority has a very relaxed work environment, I gained a lot of useful knowledge about safety from working here. Typically - depending on location - you get a mixture of 60% account sales and 40% general public sales. Majority of the customers only stay for about 15 to 20 minutes, depending on how organized they are. Management is great, they are very flexible and give you plenty of notice of your schedule. The hardest part of the job was learning what the different safety symbols meant, the differences in classes and basic account information. The most enjoyable part of the job is working in a small circle of your best friends, every shift is a lot of fun and the job itself is not pressuring or stressful at all!
Pros
Flexible, friendly, great benefits
Cons
lower hours in the summer
All the employees are fantastic and very welcoming. it is unfortunate that there is not many hours to work as it is a smaller shop and here is 5 employees including the manager.
Pros
great employees
Cons
no room for advancement/ low wage
I love this place it's a very pleasant environment. Very knowledgeable about work footwear etc. People are fun to work with. Commission opportunities as well.
Poor management both in stores and head office, as well as extremely negative/complainant co-workers.
I do not regret working here just feel as though the manager and my coworkers took me for granted. Not a healthy job life here with how much the hours vary also.
Pros
Discounts on boots.
I worked as a temporary mascot at the store for a promotion, and the pay was great, the culture was definitely desirable, and the managers were understanding, friendly, and approachable.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
hot weather in a bear costume
The hardest part of the job is dealing difficult customers, and difficult customers with return issues. However, I feel it's these customers that will improve your communications skills the most. The work also emphasizes product knowledge since it's better to recommend certain products for a particular work environment.
Very friendly people easy going environment. once you start and understand the accounts you are set. Management very great people.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
A typical day at work authority largely involved greeting and helping customers. We were also required to learn how to operate a cash register with their software solution. Management was quite friendly, so were the co-workers. the job was not very difficult and did not challenge me at all, however it was excellent during high school (thats when I worked there) as it allowed me to do my homework during work-hours (wasn't very busy).
Pros
easy
Cons
boring
I loved working at this place, I new the product like the back of my hand. my manager left and the supervisor moved up to manager, I was in training for assistant manager, I went on maternity leave and when I came back she gave the position to someone else, I was quite upset so I never went back..
I enjoy my job. I have a lot of responsibility dealing with the public and a lot of accounts.
Work Authority has amplified my ability to work with a team of coworkers in order to keep the store functioning at its best while providing a high level of knowledge and helpfulness toward all customers. At this job my ability to provide for the needs of any patron made me achieve the highest amounts of sales while still working as a team to raise the store’s overall sales. Because Work Authority deals in the sales of work wear (steel toed boots, hard hats etc.), I was able to learn a lot about the many professions that can be involved in architecture and the construction industry. I met with every type of labor position from the cribbers who tore through their boots the fastest, to the inspectors who chose good-looks over lasting boots.
a typical day was greeting and serving our customers with the best communication and customer training we received. daily cleaning tasks and cash register dutys
Cons
not enough hours