WOOK_Talent Employee Reviews

This is a real company!!
Foreign teacher (Current Employee) –  Beijing10 May 2019
I’m from England and had recently moved to China working for wook, of course like everyone is I was worried it was a scam but I went for after speaking to many people in the company who made me feel very secure.

If you like working with kids this is a great job for you.
You are put in a hotel for 2 weeks for training, you need to find an apartment in that time.

It’s an amazing experience and I’m so glad to have done it!
If your really unsure ask to speak to someone who is working out here as I would be happy to explain more.

The pay is good for where your living, I would just say make sure you come with a little savings for your first apartment as they usually want 3 months upfront here that’s the most of China.
Food is really cheap, western food is more expensive but cheaper then at Home.
Pros
Pay, the job is amazing if you love kids
Best salary and fulfilling job
English Teacher (ESL) (Current Employee) –  Beijing8 May 2019
I love working for this company. They pay more than most company's in china for teaching English and after paying my rent and spending what I need to every month to survive I have at least half of my pay left to save. The cost of living is unbelievable and the job itself is fulfilling. I'm likely to work more than one year in china.
Pros
Good pay, good overtime incentives
Cons
Non paid personal leave
A great recruitment agency
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Shanghai6 May 2019
As a recruitment agency these guys are great. They helped me get a good job, made sure I was tell taken care of and helped me get settled in. Overall I would recommend them to anyone looking to make a big career change!
Definitely a reputable company
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Shanghai City, IL24 April 2019
It is clear from day one that Wook Talent has experience and all the information one requires at the first instance.

There is no "beating around the bush" which is appreciated as questions are answered truthfully and straight to the point.

The position is not painted in a way to make you want to take the job. The job requirements and what is expected of you is told right there and then.

For me, the most important thing is the honesty and experience that comes along with this process. I couldn't be happier! Thank yoi
My experience in China and with Wook
Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee) –  Shanghai24 April 2019
A typical day for me is getting to work, having a meeting with my kids to talk about the date, weather, and news that they have, etc. Then we have two 30 minute workshops with the kids and then they have their snacks and lunch and then a nap. In the afternoon the morning schedule is the same.

I have been here for five years and joined Wook 2 years ago and they have taught me so much about living in Shanghai and also helped me learn about the differences in cultures between China and the rest of the world. I'm also basically fluent in Mandarin with my speaking needing a bit of brushing up but they always encourage me.

They are very busy with work but always have time for a call if I'm not around and I need some advice or help. My coworkers are great and very funny!

To be honest this job isn't hard at all but just that sense of having worked hard is what you get. But I happily do it.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that life at work is fun with the kids and afterwards if I need a break from work, the foreign culture here is absolutely amazing! You meet people from all parts of the world.
Pros
Free lunches and most times we have a break for a good nap!
Cons
Mostly the language at first but most people speak English in shanghai
Safe and reliable agency
English teacher (Former Employee) –  Shanghai26 February 2019
Comparing with the other agencies on the market.
WOOK Talent is one of the best who gives free placement service and free life support service.

I really appreciate their help in finding me such a great opportunity in China, what a life adventure!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WOOK_Talent. Our community is ready to answer.