Woodtone Specialties Inc.

Woodtone Specialties Inc. Employee Reviews

pick and choose
Placed in poor working areas over and over again. Worked extremely hard and fast for quite a few years and in the time received no training on machinery or various other working locations unless I was to sore to work where I was usually placed. New people would hit the floor and if they were a pretty girl or super chummy with management they would be operating machinery the next day after training and climb up the ladder within just a few months even though they would waste a lot of time on bathroom breaks and talking it up with who ever walked by and iv management came by the people working would be acted to pick up the pace instead of coming down on the slackers. At this business its definitely the squeaky wheel that gets the oil.... I kept my head down and work hard and fast and it never got noticed because I wasn't a talkative person and I never complained always just hoped my hardwork would be recognized. HUGE TURNOVER RATE. you are always being watched and not trusted there. they put up cameras to keep an eye on "theft" but where the cameras are placed there is nothing that could be taken unless you are capable of carrying out 30 foot beams around 150pounds by your self! cameras are there to watch employees. Not a lot of bright people working here either.... well I guess I should say just a lot of scared people. the union contract has come up quite a few times now and when ever change is possible its always turned down and comes down to a possible strike vote which scares the people working there so they just agree with what the company says and take its. They have changed - more...
Pros
free lunches every once in awhile
Cons
managment. ventilation. organization. roof needs to get redone
Pretty good place to work ,with lots of oppertunities
Pretty cool place to work, we have free daily snack bins in the lunchroom, can get up to $400 extra every 3 months just for showing up to work everyday (free money) get rewarded with free lunches often and good benefits. People that work here are great.
Pros
encentive program, free lunches, free snack bins, wicked X-mas parties, safe place to work
Cons
hard work at times