WOODGREEN COMMUNITY SERVICES

WOODGREEN COMMUNITY SERVICES Employee Reviews

Insights into WOODGREEN COMMUNITY SERVICES

Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Support from manager

It is very interesting place to work because you are giving services to the community people.

It is nice and fun place to work and i love to served people who are needed services. I learned how to deal with different culture. Woodgreen community services is multicultural non profit organization so im happy to meet and work with people.

Pros

Job security

Cons

On/call

Co-workers are mostly great

It was aplacement so no compensation and alot of work. I worked in two different departments and still did not get hired / chose the other placement.

Pros

I hour lunch

Cons

Boring

Very happy with my experience at Woodhreen

I was medical volunteer help for patients using transportation services thru Woodgreen. As a Volunteer (my only position at Woodgreen) I never got any payment of any kind. They had been very kind and caring to all.

professional atmosphere and lovely people

Social service is a tough field made easier by having like minded people working together. Woodgreens management was very supportive and the staff very eager to help me learn.

Pros

flexible when I needed to leave early for childcare

Cons

tough job

Hard Work but great co-workers

The work can be difficult and stressful, however there are great co-workers here that really help to create a workplace culture that is enjoyable. People are down to earth and like to help out one another.

Good place to work overall.

I worked in a challenging social work environment because it was working with hard-to-house clients with difficult issues (comorbid substance abuse and mental health issues and physical health issues with regular eviction) For the most part I had good managers. There was a certain amount of turnover and there was, as there is in a lot of social service agencies, a certain amount of turnover. When I left it was because a nightmare manager came in and there were a few bad managers that caused a lot of turnover around that time. Up until that time you had a lot of people who stayed even though the job was quite challenging. It was a unionized organization so the pay was decent and the benefits were okay too. One of the best parts of working there was working in the team and I had a good experience with HR. I learned a lot of things about working with difficult clientele, community resources and innovative ways to support at-risk individuals with substance use disorders and seniors.

Collaborative environment focused on client needs, responsive to employees

I enjoyed growing and providing positive outcomes from ever increasing responsibilities on three teams: instructors, administrative support and management. It is unfortunate that a restructuring of the department eliminated the Supervisor of Language Services position.

Amazing

Welcoming Staff, always checking on you to make sure you are straight so you can perform properly at work. Low stress!!!! Workload is on FLEEK! No excuse to not meet deadlines, and there is always help if you cant for any reason.

toxic work enviroment

workplace culture: large staff turn over, non collaborative, toxic work team. very unorganized and actually not following ministry guidelines for senior care. learned new software meeting clients

free lunchs

Great People to work for, Lot of work in the community. You day would start around 6am till when ever. …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...

Great events

Director is wonderful and amazing very compassionate and helpful. The management style is very professional and supportive. A place to work for many years.

Just a long day at woodgreen

The supervisor was very disrespectful, would talk to me like I am a animal, few of her co workers were great not all of them. My second half of my placement was better than the first half because I got to work with an amazing student who I felt comfortable with. Learning how to facilitate my own program was great and interacting with the seniors was awesome. I wouldn’t recommend to anyone.

Pros

Programming with seniors, gaining interpersonal communication and presentation skills.

Cons

Long boring day, some disrespectful staff

good experince

good experience, worked with different people, good tema to consult with

Well Paid

Overall I enjoyed my time working at WoodGreen within their Child Care division. Staff are paid a decent living wage, receive good benefits and regular professional development opportunities.

Pros

Decent wage, fair treatment of staff, unionized, decent benefit package

Cons

Vacation is run by seniority, I have heard that since FDK started, all staff are required to work split shifts.

Excellent place to work, Help client to submit his taxes. Management is friendly and helpful. Near the subway station. very well organize community center

Pros

Free lunchees

Productive and fun workplace

Good experience Good working environment Good management Good training Good co-worker Improve soft skills such as customer services, and solving problem

Leading Non-Profit

One of the best non-profits in the City of Toronto doing innovative work! Management invests in developing talent and skills of it's employees. Great culture!

Productive and fun in the workplace, working hard, punctual and time management

Work experienced in fast paced environment, detail oriented to customer service accurate at work in professional manner, kindness and consideration to other people both customer and co worker as team work together.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

visit parent at theirs home

Help parents with their disable child. It was fun to teach parents how to set individual goals for their children with examples and through play to make it fun. At the next visit see the success the child had or modify it and try again until the child does the task.

Pros

made specific goals for different age group of children with disabilities

Cons

visit the schools

Good place to work, but not perfect

A good place to work, work life balance is valued and encouraged. Daily tasks keeps staff very busy. Staff and co-workers very friendly and helpful.Some management approachable, supportive and helpful, and some not so much.

Pros

Work life balance, fair compensation

Cons

Dynamics are always changing

Production Endorsing

Action to The Disadvantaged at All vision-able opportunity. Access to opportunity is free at this heavy multi-location for East Toronto. Activating all of my job description is stress free from management. The Disadvantaged are who sponsors public opportunities from and through government recognition. Taking what they activate from them-self to me; apply modern solutions. Trust for honesty is applied to my activity for all identifiable computer action calculations.

Pros

All Self Responsibility

Cons

Out-Dated File Keeping

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WOODGREEN COMMUNITY SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement