Woodbridge

Woodbridge Employee Reviews

Canada118 reviews
very good
I worked on different lines like 096 ,098 slitters etc. Though I just work there from 1996 to 1999, I enjoyed working there as pay rate & benefits were good. I got another job , so I have to quite from Woodbridge Foam Corporation, Kipling Ave, Woodbridge.
Over worked and underappreciated
Management pushes constantly to do more and go faster. Everyday they add to our work load and only making things more difficult. Pushing ourselves, developing chronic injuries, eg: carpal tunnel, tennis elbow, shoulder injuries. Line workers are treated like dirt. HR doesn't care about their employees. No one collaborates. No one seems to know what's going on. Everyone gives you a different answer that they expect you to follow. Quality department fixes nothing, so you are constantly dealing with garbage from Mexico. Frustrating to the point, you will try to find an excuse everyday to call in sick.
Great Canadian Company!
Very good company to work for. Canadian-based, which is a plus. A constant struggle to maintain work-life balance given the travel and weekend/holiday work and the nature of the automobile industry.
This company a good place to work.
This company still use some out of date technology. However, people generally are nice and it is a good place to work. However, expect work overtime from time to time as well.
was fun with them
fun culture taking everyone suggestion i was very much performing role AS A Collaborative person and was performing my role as a qa . It was very fun overall experience
Bad culture
Management has favourites amongst the hourly employees who use text messages to snitch out other employees for minor infractions. New employees are brainwashed by the Human Resource department to act as informants for the supervisors against the senior employees who actually stand up for themselves.
Bad experiences
Company does not embrace staff, they encourage segregation, reluctant to promote from within unless they like you . The plant is old and very dirty molds and dust mites on ceiling, there is also asbestos present.
Woodbridge foam Whitby
Weak and complacent management with a very stubborn union which makes making minor changes necessary for improvement difficult. Rules are only suggestions and people do what they want while on the job. The draining culture here is toxic and enough to make me look for another job.
NIce Workplace with Friendly Environment
Wood bridge is a foam company , i had spent some time working with in the packaging group. It had a very diverse friendly environment which wasn't too bad to work in although sometimes it could get really hot.
Nice place to work there
Just like a general workplace and fast pacing in working environment. People work there are friendly and helpful. It is difficult from the beginning but when you get used to it, it will become handful and easy to manage the skills.
Production line work
Fast pace factory line work multi tasking sometimes very stressful lots of overtime opportunities I learned all the different positions in the 29 years I was there
The most terrible place I've ever worked.
The most terrible place I've ever worked. No respect, no HR doesn't care of you and don't do their job simply ignoring you if you have issues. Great disrespect from management, your overtime is taken for granted. Overtime is considered normal on a daily basis, so if you work a few hours OT every day, nobody will appreciate it. OT is not paid for salaried people. Would never recommend to any one to work there. It was my nightmare to work there and I am glad I quit, should have done it earlier.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
never ending overtime and management disrespect
Woodbridge is very fast paced and physically demanding and very repeitive
Woodbridge is an experience I will carry always. I learned how to interact with an entirely different group of people in an environment out of my element.
Good Company
Teamwork of management was very apparent. The balance between work life and home ws very difficult. At times their would be extra meetings with little notice.
Ok place to work
Salary is ok, weekly pay. If they have a good management it would be a great place for work. Some people their are biased, they treat other people not good like bullying. Aside from that they pay you good
good place to work
workplace is great but the people are unprofessional. Anyhow the salary is decent, if somehow the management are great these place would be perfect to people working in manufacture job.
It sucks
I would not recommend for anyone over 40. It very fast pace & you work with twenty years. For females if you like having long fingernails forgot it they will end up being short & your hands will be dry all the time & your hands will hurt.
Awful place !!
Worst place ever that I worked at. Hated every minute I was there. Supervisors were unprofessional, seemed like they just walked off the street with no people skills. Most employees good to work with but clicky....
Toxic and Bully environemnt
Toxic environment where is OK for the director to humiliate, yells and threat managers in the shop floor, HR director and manager protect or ignore this behavior that breach "safe work place Policy"
Incompetent leadership from USA- lack of strategy in the plant and blames "Canadian Culture" for the bad results generated for the poor project management.

Plant Manager scared to say something again a director.

Boys club that protect and cover their meritocracy as they only know this company.

Great people in the floor to work with, willing to move the factory forward.

great vision from the owners to innovate.
Physically and enotionally spent
Youre nothing more than a number. They will work you every second of every day there. Management is completly lost in communication and have zero respect for employees as human beings and theie basic human rights although theybwill tell you that you are family to them. STAY AWAY !!!!!!
Meh
It is not a terrible place to work. Production manager is the problem. Morale of floor workers has dropped tremendously since he started there. Management treats you like youre a nobody for the most part