Work wellbeing score is 62 out of 100

Wood

Wood Employee Review

Flexible with lots of opportunities to gain new experiences

Lots of projects to work on, the limit being your own experiences and the amount of time that you can devote to each project. Friendly people and flexible when it comes to start times, where to work (home or office), type of work. Management was a a more flat structure when I worked there, and there was sometimes a bit of favouritism going on with management. Pay also was a bit lower than with other competing consulting companies. However flexibility and benefits made up for a lot of that.Sometimes the work-life balance wasn't always the most equitable, depending on the type of work and eadlines provided by the clients. I will say though that I learned a lot and broke out of my comfort bubble working here, and it gave me a lot of new skills!

Pros

Flexible, many different types of projects

Cons

Can be difficult to get a pay raise

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Toxic

Manager was not supportive for career development and would not care about employees' mental or physical health at all. The hourly wage was so low compared to other companies. The working circumstances were toxic and coworkers were so unprofessional in doing the tests. They always skip slump tests and make up fake testing results for clients.

Good workplace, great management

Good work/life balance. Company set me up with a home office to work in a semi-remote location so I do not have to travel back and forth to local office. Management supports/encourages growth. Wages seem to be around average not as high as smaller companies.

Pros

Good management, no micro managing

Cons

Average to below average salary
Same location

Very straight forward place to work. Challenging and interesting project. Learned quite a lot. Great, motivated people. Not as well isolated from economic cycles as one would like.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wood. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Wood with

• Wood
  • Flexible with lots of opportunities to gain new experiences