Wood Group Employee Reviews

A great company for Internship
Engineering Internship - Design Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 June 2017
I worked here on my internship and enjoyed it to the utmost. My days consisted of constantly challenging my knowledge from what I learned in University. I was also required to read more textbooks and papers to gain a better understanding that was not taught in school. I learned about project management, self-management, torsional vibration control and water hammer. The variety of people who work here is huge and I was always learning more and more about different cultures and countries; truly spectacular. The job and people were open to ask questions to at anytime which was the most important part for me.
Pros
Great variety of people to talk with, challenging work
Great work environment
Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Hebron, NL6 January 2017
Many opportunities at this company for advancement great team of workers and supervision treated with respect management was good to work with
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
Great company to work for
Mechanical Commissioning Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Bull Arm, NL16 December 2016
This is my first time working for Wood Group and they have treated me well, It is a company that I would like to continue to build a relationship with.
Review Summary for Wood group
Procurement & Contract Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oman27 October 2014
I am responsible for A to Z of Procurement and contract job .
Sending RFQ, receiving vendor offer for technical evaluation ,preparing Bid evaluation ,placing of order ,expediting for documents submission and approval. Arranging for inspection of material and delivery of equipment and vendor 's payments.

I learned SAP system and now I am expert in working with SAP.
I learned alot about technical equipment and the correct procedure of work in an international engineering company.

I have to prepare Weekly reports for management and i have to participate in Management meeting regarding material status for my projects.

I am responsible for one of the most important and critical projects of company.I have to do procurement and contract job for around 100 engineering equipments also I am responsible for placement of order for more than 3000 small items such as piping instrumentaion and electrical items. and managing all this job as per project time schedule is the hardest part of our job.

Learing new things .working in an international company with different culture is the most enoyable part of my job.