Wood Automotive Group

Wood Automotive Group Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
Their dealerships are beautiful and big and modern, but the employees are not happy. Employee morale is low across almost every department, the only people who seem happy are the super long term staff who have been working together for years, and it’s hard to break into the group. This company needs to work on being transparent with their employees, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t know what your what your pay is going to be. Hours are awful and they clearly do not care about their staff. Saturday’s are long days and they don’t give you any breaks as they supply food which you can eat at your desk, which keep in mind, Saturday is a full 8-9 hour day, pretty sure that goes against labour laws. Everyone seems burnt out at this dealership and it makes for an unhappy work place. I never felt i was part of a team here and i wouldn’t come back. HR is good and helpful, but i think they are limited to what they can do. Benefits are on par with other dealerships
Very friendly people and very good managment team that would always take the time to help when needed. Flexible work hours along with flexible time off requests
enjoyed my 16 years with the group. Was sad to leave. Close to home. Lots of flexibility. Great learning opportunities and room for advancement. quiet working environment.
Overall not a bad company, but there is a rampant nepotism problem that is beyond the scope of HR being able to do anything. The owner has his pawns, and he will not remove them. It's a shame, because the company is actually decent to work for. Holiday's are ZERO in the first year and only 2 weeks until year 3, which is below average in my experience.

Due to the nepotism issues, I would advise people to not work here. The employees under the owner's favor can literally get away with anything without consequence.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Nepotism, HR not able to enforce company policies on owner's selected employees.
Definitely not a great place to work. Sales managers need to learn what leadership truly means. They have a tendency to kick a guy when he is down. Long hours, shift work and pay that’s to laugh at unless you are selling 20 plus cars a month. Very poor culture in the dealership. Nobody wants to take any responsibility for their job or the customer. Take my advice and find a different place to work.
Pros
Free lunch on mandatory Saturdays
Cons
Everything els
Loved the people I worked with! No room for advancement, HR could care less, pay was okay, good benefits. There are much better dealerships out there.
Pros
Benefits, great co-workers
Cons
Bad management, no advancement at all
They treat employees great and have a proper HR department. Great benefits and the company gives back to charity. They provide awesome staff functions and are great to work for.
I enjoy working here and my salary and benefits are above average. Lots of great people! Overall good management team. I have grown my skills here and have a good environment with perks like coffee and people bringing in baked treats.
Pros
Great team, competitive pay.
A great bunch of people to work with but there was no way to support a family on this salary. Pay was very low and there was little opportunity for advancement according to my supervisor. Found out later that this was not true.
Pros
fun people
Cons
no money
Really enjoyed my job there but did not receive much salary. Was offered $10000 more for a similar role and could not turn it down, though I loved the environment.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wood Automotive Group?
the switchboard was truly awesome the phones were continuous, the ladies were great, i has to leave due to location, the pay was not great.
Pros
fast day
Cons
pay
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wood Automotive Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8